I had read good and bad reviews about this hotel. We has got a fairly good rate by booking on the hotel groups website and also became a member of a members club for the group. The hotel is about a ten minute walk from Paddington Station. On arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a club room and a porter showed us to the room but did not carry the our bag? The room was nice with bottled water and biscuits plus three carnations in a vase. There was a nice TV on the wall and it was clean and comfortable. However with fi is advertised at the hotel free but it turns out that it was only available in reception. We headed out to a show and came back for what should have been a comfortable nights sleep. Apart from a few doors banging in the corridor it appeared to be a quiet night. Because of the design of the hotel the bathroom backed on to each room so you could hear everything going on in them. Our neighbours came in at midnight and then had a shower and then another shower and another shower... we eventually called reception at around 2.45 am as it was like trying to get to sleep in Niagra Falls. They also kept turning the taps on and off all the time. The noise did stop after this but started again at 7am. We told reception in the morning who offered to move us to a standard room?
Breakfast was okay and the staff were helpful although some items were cold but it was part of our rate. The second night was not as bad as the first although they did go on until 2am and checked out the next day. The final night we had normal people in the next room who used the bathroom at normal times in a normal way.
All in all this could be a good hotel if more attention to minor details was made and sound proofing was installed. The location is good and the staff are helpful....
- Also Known As:
- Hyde Park Premier London Paddington Hotel London
- Hyde Park Premier London Paddington Hotel
- Hyde Park Premier Hotel London
- Shaftesbury Paddington
- Hyde Park Premier London Paddington England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hyde Park Premier London Paddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.