“Very Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #676 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Sintra, Portugal
“Very Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Last Year we stayed in Comfort Inn Victoria 4 times. Two in Jully, one in August and once again in November. It is a very good Hotel, very clean, towels changed every day. The breakfast is buffet (good choice) in a bright room.It is located in a fantastic place near Victoria Station, the underground and buses. The room is good and quit, the bed is comfy.
The price was acceptable. I have already recommended it to my familly and some fellows and I do not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the groundfloor do not need to queu for the lift
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Manuela,

We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and writing an excellent review.

We’re glad to hear you had a perfect flawless stay. This is what our team aspire to achieve every single day of the year. I really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to London.

Best wishes,
Abida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Keith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Found the hotel to be friendly and clean, nice room comfy bed , shower sealant a bit grubby just needed replacing, good choice at breakfast in a clean bright room. The location was great for sight seeing and getting to and from gatwick. Would stay again with no hesitation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Frasers,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to submit your comments.

I'm glad you found the rooms clean and comfortable and our service friendly. We have recently refurbished the breakfast room and the lobby area. We have received so many compliments from our guests as they love the new look. I'm happy you felt the same too.

Your comments regarding the shower have been forwarded to the concern department. Thank you for helping us improve our services.

Once again thank you for your comments and I'm pleased to see that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next London trip.

Kind Regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here because it is next to Victoria station, and it is hard to find quad rooms in cheaper places. The good- room very very quiet for such a central hotel, and the beds were the most comfy beds. The room was large. The inclusive breakfast was lovely. The decor in the redone lobby and breakfast room was excellent. Great shower.

The bad- pillows were so thin, get rid of the just as this cushions as there is no sofa in the room and get decent pillows. The hallway stunk, there was an empty air freshener container there. Room decor was a bit run down. The room was on a mezzanine floor so no lift access. (2 kids and 6 cases) No small fridge in the room which was odd for a family room. The sink was blocked and the safe did not work. Despite having a laundry bag in the room, it was a matter of finding a laundromat. The one they said they sent guests to had burned down two months ago. Wifi was very expensive but this might be normal for London. We used the free wifi at starbucks at vic station.

there is no restaurant at comfort inn, but that was not a problem, we used vic station. We really liked pret- a -manger, for nice takeaway food at a good price, that was healthy.

Wouldnt recommend the inn. Which is a pity because it does have good things going for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you liked most of the services we provide. Thank you for appreciating the aesthetic sense integrated to the breakfast room and lobby area. Most of our guests and I agree with you.

We have taken under consideration your unfulfilled expectations and we thank you for helping us monitor where we stand in terms of customer satisfaction. To avoid high/low expectations our website provides all the information a guest requires. The laundry bags are placed in the rooms for your convenience as we have made It clear in the information section that we do not provide laundry service or any kind of room service as most of the ‘Inn category hotels’ do in Central London. But I would like to assure you that there are so many services our hotel provides that many of our competitors don’t. This point is also mentioned by one of our guests who recently reviewed us on TripAdvisor.

I hope you will change your mind and give us another chance to serve you in Future. I think we deserve a second chance... after all your review shows we are not that bad.

Leaving you with warm regards,
Melksham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by my works hotel booking system so not my choice. Check in was a little disorganised but friendly enough. My room was on the first floor and although a double the room had been made up with an additional double sofa bed which took up most of the spare space. With no restaurant I had to go out on my own to get something to eat, which isn't great when you are travelling lone. My biggest problem with this hotel is security. In the night, whilst I was asleep someone (male) opened my hotel door with a electronic programmed key and if I had not had the chain across the door he would have got in! After this I had the most unnerving night ever spent in a hotel and I would not recommend the hotel to anyone. I have submitted a formal complaint to the manager and await an explanation why anyone was given a key to my room. I await an answer! This is not a safe environment for women alone. I will certainly not be staying there again in fact I couldn't wait to leave and I did so early without breakfast.

Dear Liza,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us.

Our apologies that you were not at all satisfied with your stay. I would like to begin with saying the hotel is completely safe and secure and we have a 24 hour front desk staff that has guest’s security and safety as a top priority. We are located in a very safe area, a business park adjacent to several high security government buildings. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding here for which I’d like to again apologise on the hotel’s behalf.

Coming to the main point I believe my manager had already contacted you and solved the issue by the time you posted this review on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are sorry that we were unable to meet your needs.
With best wishes,
Dover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel is only 3 to 4 minutes walk from Victoria Station. I was originally booked for 4 nights from 28th July, 2012,whilst my wife was in nearby Kings College Hospital. When her admission date was posponed due to bed availability, my reservation was transferred to 7th August. The Manager, Asad, kindly wavered the cancellation fee. However, because of the Olympics, the price jumped from £70 a night, to £149 a night. I hope that I will be offered a better rate if I stay again. Receptionists, Yackza and Hassan were very kind and helpful to me during my stay and Yachza found me a nice quiet room on the top floor, at the back
The room was quite small but adequate for my needs and had A/C which came in useful when I got back from the Hospital in the evening, as there was a Heatwave at the time.
A small wardrobe and some drawers would be helpfull for keeping personal belongings in

Room Tip: Preferably at the back, high up, away from the main road, although this is not a particularly busy r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your comments acknowledging our staff. Your encouraging words have been forwarded to Yackza, Hassan and other staff members who are indeed a true asset of Comfort Inn Victoria. The dedicated team members constantly strive to make sure the hotel delivers the services you deserve.

We apologise for the inconvenience you faced regarding the space and drawers. Rooms are designed according to the space and size is unfortunately a common problem in London. Your comments help us to further improve our services and we will definitely consider your suggestion to bring few changes regarding this matter.

We will make sure you get a better rate subject to availability on your next stay and please don't leave it too long before you re-visit.

Take Care,
High Peak Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room very small but ok for a short stay, although there is no traffic noise there was a lot of noise from surrounding rooms.

The bathrooms are very small and contain shower, sink and toilet but no bath. TV was ok and had plenty of channels. View from window was air-con unit and soil pipe. Free wifi was provided and the signal was strong. The hotel is in an excellent central location, it's compact and functional, price was good for location. Not really suitable as a family hotel, suit short stay couple on city break or business trip only. The hotel does not have a licensed bar which was disappointing, however there is a good pub that does food across the road. Breakfast was a little dull as itwas a basic continental breakfast only with no sausage, bacon, fried egg or beans. In keeping with the rest of the hotel the dining room is very compact with little room for self service. There are very few parking spaces close to the hotel. Overall it is what it is: a 3 star hotel in the middle of the city next to Victoria station that is fit for purpose and not a family or luxury resort.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are away from the road and traffic noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us and sharing your experience on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Victoria, London.

The feedback indicates that your overall stay was fine but not good enough to make a trip again with family and friends. I would humbly like to put light on few things you've mentioned in your feedback just to make the things more clearer. To avoid any high or low expectation we have put up all the necessary information our guests should know regarding the hotel services on our website. As a three star bed and breakfast hotel it is not possible for us to provide few of the things mentioned in your feedback. But we are grateful to you for reviewing us and we will definitely consider your suggestions for our future development. We would like to apologise for anything which did not meet your expectation. Your feedback is very important to us. We go through our guest comments and reviews and try to rectify our mistakes in order to provide excellent customer services to each and every guest staying with us.

We are glad that you found the location convenient during your stay. We would like to add one thing regarding the rooms; we also have family rooms available on request having (max. Occupancy 4 people) for guests who wish to stay at our hotel with their families. The feedback we receive on family room types is mostly positive and I'm proud to say that our guests enjoy the facilities and comfort of those rooms.

I hope you will change your mind and will visit us again... looking forward to getting it right again with you soon.

Take care and best wishes,
Cresco, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here for four nights on business, while my colleagues stayed at the Doubletree which is half a block down the road. I saved about 40 pounds a night compared to the Doubletree.

The Comfort Inn Victoria is adequate (2 stars), and I don't mean that as an insult. I would hesitate to recommend it to an American, as the hotel does not live up to American standards, but it is what it is: a clean room with a comfortable bed. Here are my notes:

Staff: The hotel staff ranged from taciturn to very friendly depending on who staffed the front desk. On my last day, the front desk was able to get me a car to Heathrow for 45 pounds...which I thought was a (relatively) good price. There is a locked closet in case you want to store baggage for a short time after your check out. I took advantage of this on my final day to walk to Buckingham Palace prior to leaving for the airport.

Restaurant/Bar: No restaurant or bar on premises. A free breakfast is offered every day, but I did not take advantage of it. One day I tried, but arrived late since the clock on my room temperature remote control (the only clock in the room) was 20 minutes slow. There is a fridge in the lobby where you can get soft drinks for 1 pound each.

Room: The room was clean but small...slightly larger than my queen-sized bed. There was no closet and no dresser for my clothing. There was a rack with 5 hangers. I had to request an ironing board and iron. I had to return it immediately after use since there was no extra space to store it. I cannot imagine two people using this room without tripping over themselves and their things. Definitely too small by American standards. The room did not have an alarm clock.

Bathroom: The bathroom was clean. Hot water was finicky. The shower provided hot water on half of the days I was there. The other days, the water came out luke warm. Again, not up to American standards.

Internet: Internet cost 15 pounds per day...I thought it was expensive.

Location: Very nice...15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. Very close to restaurants and Apollo Victoria Theatre (Wicked) on Wilton Road. Very close to Victoria Station with access to trains, underground, and taxis. Victoria Station also has a mall with an American-style food court (with MacDonald's and KFC). Sainsbury grocery stores are available in the Victoria Station Mall and on Wilton Road. I purchased fruit and bottled water (relatively) cheaply there.

Restaurants: I thought the nearby St George's Pub was a borderline tourist trap. Gran Paradiso (Italian, Wilton Road) was fair to good. I had the flattened pork chop for dinner and a tart for dessert...both were delicious. My colleague had a sirloin steak that was ridiculously inadequate...it looked like something from a TV dinner...another example of an item not up to American standards. The wine list there was filled with Italian names that were interesting. We ordered a bottle of Liano (Sanviogese and Cabernet blend). I never had heard of the wine but thought it was superb. Dim T (Asian Fusion, Wilton Road) was good for soup noodles.

Prices: The part of London I was in was incredibly expensive. For example, I spent 10 pounds for a breakfast of pastry (1) and two cups of coffee Americano. London is one expensive place to go as a newbie. Maybe it gets chepaer if you know it...but somehow I suspect it's expensive for all.

Overall: The small size of my room accompanied by minor inconveniences make my experience at the hotel not up to American standards. However, if a larger room were available or if I was willing to make some compromises, the location is a major plus.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a detailed review on your visit with us.

Comfort Inn Victoria is perfectly located in terms of transportation as well as access to tourist attractions, shopping areas, markets, pubs and restaurants etc.

I readily agree with you regarding the room size but I'm glad you pointed out they are very clean and well appointed. We apologise for the inconvenience you faced. Some of the rooms are small which is not unusual in London. All the single and double beds are of standard European size and the double rooms for two people are larger in size and are perfectly appointed with facilities including tea / coffee, air conditioning, flat screen television and wardrobe for hanging the clothes.

Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel is a 3 Star guest accommodation having guest satisfaction as our first priority. We apologise if the front staff did not meet up to your expectation. However this is not our daily practice. I would like to assure you that we take pride in our customer service which is one of the departments we score highest marks in. This can be proved from our guest reviews on TripAdvisor. Our reception staff members are present 24/7 for any sort of guest queries and this message is conveyed to our guests on arrival. We would've appreciated if you kindly informed the reception at any time during your stay regarding whatever problem you faced in the room or outside the hotel. We provide London information and travel directions. I assure you the staff would've tried their very best to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I'm sure you would have liked our complimentary continental breakfast, it was worth trying once. I apologise if the timings did not match. We have a ‘wakeup call’ service at the reception as well as the TVs in the rooms have alarm set system integrated in them. There is a list of complimentary services the hotel provides (which is not available in many competitive hotels in London) apart from taxi bookings, free luggage storage, dental and shaving kits, extra tea/coffee facilities and much much more...

As you mentioned, London is a very expensive city and being located in the heart of this amazing location is a bonus for us as well as the guests. We would like to say a big ‘Thank You’ for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. Your comments are taken under consideration which will definitely prove to be useful in order to improve our gray areas.

Not having a second chance will not be fair as we would like to show you the true colours of customer service at Comfort Inn Victoria.

Till then take care and I will say goodbye with a hope of seeing you again..
Warm wishes,
Abida.

Been to Comfort Inn London - Victoria? Share your experiences!