“Great location, nice breakfast, small rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn London - Victoria

You added Comfort Inn London - Victoria to your Saves list
Comfort Inn London - Victoria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18-24 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 1QF, England (Pimlico)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% OFF
Ranked #658 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Colombia
“Great location, nice breakfast, small rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Been there for 4 nights with my family. Everything was fine. I asked for a double + single bed but they ran out this room and put me on the bigger room with a double and a double futon.... I hate it.. I asked them for a bed not a sofa-bed.. they said I had to wait until next day but I was in holidays, so no time to spent making room changes.

Location is excellent . . . nothing bad... room view was to main street and was great, not noisy at all. Brekfast was nice, a little crowed it sometimes but no problem.

Stuff friendly but in 4 night, I had to ask 3 times for bed sheets for the sofa-bed and one day they did not make the room.

Price was great for being London and for a nice renewal room. Bathroom was OK, clean and not really small.

Room Tip: Get a street view room... are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I needed a place to stay overnight near Victoria Station and found this place online. I didn't know what to expect, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. I was staying on a Sunday night, so it was a cheaper rate (they have a special for Sundays). Friendly service, clean room with tea making facilities and nice big ensuite shower room. The breakfast was great as well and if I ever need a place to stay in London overnight I will DEFINITELY be coming back here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us.

It‘s an absolute pleasure to learn that your stay was one to remember. Your compliments have been passed over to the team who is overwhelmed with your response. I thank you on behalf of everyone at Comfort Inn Victoria. Everyone is so happy to see the number of stars you have honoured us with.

Your review is a motivator for us to keep up the good service.
Kind regards,
Greater Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've stayed in alot of hotels throughout Europe and the US but, thankfully, none have matched the Comfort Inn Victoria. While the location is great, the sinking feeling starts when you arrive and find that the concept of "service with a smile" isn't one with which the staff are familiar. At €470 for two nights I expected something special; special in a good way. The room was the size of a shoe box with a bathroom that was as small as a good sized shower. The view from the bedroom window was like something out of a Calcutta sweat shop. Add to this the open sewer covers in the tiny yard outside the window and the picture is almost complete.
There is no resteraunt (breakfast room only), no bar and broadband @ £15 p/day.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Deal, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in August on a business trip. It was my first time in the hotel and I must admit I was a little apprehensive. However, I had no reason to be.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The hotel was well decorated and modern inside. My room was clean and the A/C was excellent - an individual unit in each room.

The continental breakfast (inc in the price) was great - everything you would expect.

Location is excellent - opposite Victoria station.

Will be staying here again and this will be my hotel of choice for business in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
Hi James,

Five stars?? Your feedback has truly made our day!!
Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It’s a pleasure to read that the professionalism of our team exceeded your expectations. Serving you was our pleasure...looking forward to see you...

Best wishes,
Wentworth Falls, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed 3 nights on way home from UK. Got what we paid for - room was tiny but clean and beds comfortable. Bathroom spotless and endless hot water. Great breakfast - value for money. Unbelievable location for the money. Would stay here again - clean, convenient and affordable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Naomi,

Thank you for taking out time and putting up a review on your recent visit.

It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback from our guests. We’re thankful to you for recognizing the team’s efforts and appreciating the services the hotel provides.

The rooms are considered to be smaller in size in London as compared to other countries. Guests do find this a little inconvenient at times. We apologize for the inconvenience you faced.

Thank you for considering us again, looking forward to meet you sometimes in future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I didn't expect great things from this place when I booked it, I needed somewhere to stay in Central London while I was flat hunting and booked this through my company.

Basically if all you need is a reasonably comfortable room for a couple of nights with no extra touches then this will probably do for you, although I feel it is overpriced for what you get this is no doubt in large part down to the location being so close to Victoria station.

I stayed here on two separate occasions, the first was a more pleasant room than the second although on the same floor, the second room was smaller and more cramped, with minor inconveniences such as provision of a hand towel without a handrail to put it on, the shower was wedged into the corner of the room, and the toilet was in a very small cramped space.

I found that the ventilation system in the bathroom was extremely noisy, often continuing to sound like roadworks for a good 15 minutes after turning the light off. I also found my neighbours to be a bit of a nuisance but can't really attribute this to the hotel.

I cannot comment on the breakfast as I didn't ever eat it, although I did find it surprising that when I checked in I was given absolutely no information about where to find any of the facilities, and for the most part found that the desk service was very poor and often quite rude. If you have free wifi included in your room bill I would recommend asking them to print out your logon information as you check in as otherwise you will be asked to come back down to reception to collect it later (although I did insist on this being read to me over the phone on the first stay when I rang down for it at around 2100).

Overall, all I can really say is that it was okay, nothing really terrible, not really worth the cost but if you need a base close to transport links like Victoria then this works well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Victoria, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us.

We thank you for your compliments and value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving. We apologize that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. I would like to assure you that it is Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel’s goal to consistently provide excellent service and accommodations. I do apologise for the customer service you received and will follow up with the staff on the issues you have raised. It is only the guests who can help us maintain our high standards through their valuable feedback.

Thank you again for a nice detailed review. We are happy to know that you’ll consider staying with us again on your next visit.

Best wishes,
Los Altos, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was nervous booking this inn after reading all the reviews here, but we spent 6 days at the inn a after reviewing all choices, and in retrospect, do not have regrets at all. It was money very well spent. (We were here about 10 days before the olympics, when all hotels were booked and our choices limited.)
The Pluses.
a) VERY convenient location. This is as Central as you can get. we could literally walk to Westminster Abbey, Big Ben etc as well as the London Eye. Very close to the train station, as well as the Victoria Coach station, which is a HUGE plus if you have tour buses to catch as they all start from there. The tours leave right on the dot, and in one instance (with Golden tours), a couple of tourists got left behind as they reached the station *7 minutes* after scheduled time.
b) Very convenient restaurents, pubs and grocery stores nearby.
c) A more than adequate breakfast, which starts at 7.30. This was specially useful for us as we had planned tours that left very early in the morning. The breakfast is continental (toast, muffins, danishes, eggs, cereal, etc.). The coffee is from a machine and is pretty bad but we simply got our coffee from the station.
d) We were a family of 4 and we were provided a family suite with 2 queen beds. The room was neat, plenty of towels. we got convertors and extra toothbrushes from the reception.
e) one reason we booked the hotel was the it was the very few ones in Victoria that actually offered AC in rooms. Believe me, we were really glad this option was available. London can get really muggy in summers.
f) the locker room with 24/7 access. Ah! This turned out to be EXTREMELY useful as we made a two day trip to Paris and did not want to lug our luggage around. we came to pick up our luggage at around 9pm in the evening two days later without any problem. Not many hotels offer overnight storage which can be very convenient if you have long distance trips planned and dont want to carry your luggage.
g) very polite and helpful reception. They are open 24 hours which is a huge help.

Cons:
a) someone mentioned "moldy smell" and this is true. The hotel SHOULD do something about this. Looks like the reception area was recently revamped. They need to work similar revamping on the rest of the areas.
b) rooms are very small, annd quite pricey. But they seem competetive for that location. In general, hotels in London seem to be way overpriced compared to the US and other countries.

So would I come here again? If I wanted convenience, packed in many tourist trips, and wanted a central location, then definitely yes. I feel this hotel is getting a bad rap when it offers many advantages that havent been noted down here (AC/breakfast/locker/and proximity to coach station). If the hotel management replace carpeting, and spruce up the rooms, it certainly would be 5 star worthy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shobana,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us.

We are glad ‘The Pluses’ list is longer than the ‘Cons’ one and that we have lived up to your expectations. I readily agree with you regarding the small advantages the hotel provides which are not available in most of the competitive hotels in Central London. Our international guests find the rooms smaller compare to many other countries. Smaller rooms are common in London which sometimes can be of an inconvenience. We apologize for the smell as renovations were going on which must have caused that problem again. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope to serve you again in near future.
With best wishes,
Abida.

Been to Comfort Inn London - Victoria? Share your experiences!