“Just ok for me” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Residence Bishopsgate

You added Fraser Residence Bishopsgate to your Saves list
Fraser Residence Bishopsgate
5.0 of 5 Condominium   |   12 - 18 Artillery Lane | Spitalfields, London E1 7LS, England (Formerly The Writers) (Spitalfields)   |
Ranked #67 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
London, United Kingdom
“Just ok for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The accommodations are fine the decor is very nice and if you intention is to be close to the city for work or whatever then it is a great location however these are the cons:
Reception doesn't start until1pm so if you want to check in when they're not around you kind of call and check yourself in as we did and nobody ever came to welcome us or show us around give us any info etc.... And furthermore on the day that my luggage was getting delivered from the airport as it was lost there was nobody at reception the whole day as the person yes just one person called out sick. It is ridiculous to think that a business cannot function if one employee has a hangover from the weekend. I can't imagine this happening In a hotel but it did. And my luggage was sent back to the black hole that is the airport because nobody not even housekeeping accepted it. There's no manager or employees visible at any time.
Another con is that it was sooooo hot the first week of our trip and there is no air conditioning as is common in Europe but the ventilation is not enough. They gave us 3 fans for a 2 bedroom 2 story penthiouse apartment which just wasn't enough.
More cons include insufficient communication with us for the hotel to inform us of anything, only 2 forks in drawer for family of 5 staying over one month, small waste baskets fill up quickly and we have to empty them out ourselves all the time by housekeeping g is just once per week, another problem is that both showers overflow and wet the whole floor and we have to use our towels to dry it up. The apt also wasn't dirty but wasn't as clean as I would have liked for it to be when we arrived. Overall I don't hate it here but don't think I would stay here again. Pillows should also be fluffier and more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jens H, Front Office Manager at Fraser Residence Bishopsgate, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Good morning Mon M,

Thank you for your review. I apologise that due to sickness we needed to close the reception. A letter was delivered the night before explaining to the guests that if they needed anything to contact our reception at Fraser Residence City. I also apologise for the lack of cutlery and have informed our housekeeping department to be more stringent with their checks in future. If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to contact me at our City property. Thank you.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My flight was in the early morning and I reached the place at about 10am which was not due for check in. I informed them earlier that ill be there earlier and they have kindly arranged for my room to be ready in advance before the check in time. They even upgraded me to a 1 bed apt which I paid for a studio. Jens the duty manager greeted me upon my arrival even though the recep hours are from 1 pm to 9 pm. (Note: if you need anything it's not 24/7 unlike most of frasers properties). Free wifi and your basic amenities was all in place. There was even a washer/dryer which is a plus unlike most services apartments. Rooms were Spick and span clean with the exception of the toilets, a little grime (a bit turned off) between the walls... And cramped. If you have a thing for spacious toilets and a hygiene freak, this may not be the place for you. Other than that nothing much. Kitchen equipment could do a little improvement, could tell it was used before.

I flew to barcelona and left my luggage with the apartment . As my flight was early in the morning, they kindly allowed me to leave them in the room and transported them to my next room when I re checked in.

Vincent, the gm greeted me upon my arrival . As usual , I arrived earlier and everything was prepared for me including the rooms and luggage back on place .

On my 2nd arrival, I informed them that my sis will be joining us. Initially I have book a room for 2. As the 1 bedder couldn't add an extra bed, they kindly upgraded us to a 2 bedder.

(Note: unlike other frasers , this place have no sofa beds).

In all, experience felt like heaven. The same kind of service I felt when staying in the other frasers properties like in paris, Seoul and Singapore. Location was awesome, less than 5 mins walk to Liverpool street tube.

Nearby ammenties includes the famous breakfast club where I had my delicious brekkie. ( this apt have no breakfast- no biggie) . Tesco opens till 1am. Plenty of food joints and pubs around the corner .

Literally a home away in the city .

I will definitely stay here again for my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013
Jens H, Front Office Manager at Fraser Residence Bishopsgate, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Cheryl N,

Thank you for your review of our Bishopsgate property. I have informed the relevant departments to rectify the issues you experienced. We are glad that overall your two stays with us were good. We hope that we will be able to welcome you to London again soon.
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here or about a week and a half for work. This place was awesome. Great location, very clean. I much preferred it to our usual hotel. There was a lot more space and it was just more comfortable for a long stay. It is extremely convenient, as it's right near the Liverpool station and tons of pubs/restaurants. It is set back in an alley, which still makes it quiet when you are in your room. I would definitely recommend this place for longer stays.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jens H, Front Office Manager at Fraser Residence Bishopsgate, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our product and our staff and making the guests feel at home.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to a Frasers property in the not to distant future.

Jens Hojsgaard
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed in a one bedroom apartment for 5 weeks. Comfortable space, with virtually everything you need from an extended stay residence. Friendly staff, excellent location being just a short walk from Liverpool Street Station. Good range of restaurants and bars nearby.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jens H, Front Office Manager at Fraser Residence Bishopsgate, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and spacious apartments in excellent locations. We hope to welcome you back to a Fraser property again soon.

Jens Hojsgaard
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My partner and I have stayed in these apartments on 2 occasions and both times have been lovely. The apartments are finished to a very high standard and the customer service was great. The location was perfect, right in the centre of shoreditch with plenty of bars and restaurants around brick lane (5 mins walk)

Liverpool station is just across the road, making it very easy to travel around london.

More comfortable than a hotel - would definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was a new experience for us, staying in serviced appartments and we loved it! I had travelled to London for one night with my daughter as part of her birthday treat to me, so our stay was very short and we didn't actually spend very long in the appartment itself. It is very conveniently located for Liverpool St Station and also the Tesco store opposite the sation which stays open until late - easy to pop out to pick up a late night snack! I could see that the appartment was well equipped with everything you would need for a longer stay - all we made was a cup of tea! It was very clean and comfortable and we slept well. Spitalfields is such a great place to visit anyway, epecially if you are a foodie and you like vintage clothing! My daughter had lived there for a year when she was a student so she wanted to go back and visit old haunts.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Jens H, Front Office Manager at Fraser Residence Bishopsgate, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear James W,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Fraser Residence Bishopsgate and for your review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted that enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to London in the not too distant future.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

After scouring the 'last minute' websites, I stumbled upon 'The Writers', serviced apartments. Having never stayed in a serviced apartment I was dubious at what to expect.

I was visiting London with my partner and his parents were joining us from the north. I booked a 2 bedroom duplex apartment for £289 for a Saturday night. I received a call from the manager the day after explaining that there had been a small mistake, and that the 2 bedroomed apartment was no longer available - however, he offered my 2 one-bedroomed apartments for the same price.

'The Writers' was easy to find, located within a hundred meters of Liverpool Street station.

I was impressed; the duty manager was very pleasant and checked us in swiftly. The two apartments were immaculate, well designed and apportioned, with fully stocked kitchens, including dishwasher, washing machine, iron and boards. Bathrooms were of a very high quality and furnished with 'The White Company' toiletries. Flat screen tv's in both the lounge and bedroom, and a Sony Playstation and iPod docking hi-fi in the lounge.

Check out at 10am, was a little early compared to hotels, but not an issue, as there is a great breakfast place just to the left of the building called 'The Breakfast Club' - I cannot rate this higher, great food!

All in all, a great apartment with features matching a 4/5 star hotel. Will definitely be staying again when in the City.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fraser Residence Bishopsgate? Share your experiences!