“Wonderful Walking Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 472 Tours & Activities in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, informal and factoid packed 'pay what you want' walking tours of London. Whether you're a hardened Londoner or just stepped off the plane, you will learn oodles of things about London that you didn't know you didn't know, in guaranteed small groups. Booking via website.
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just went on a morning walking tour this past weekend and had a wonderful time! Jonnie is incredibly knowledgeable and funny which makes for a great way to learn about London!

Highly recommended for anyone who is visiting (or even from!) London! Am quite looking forward to doing his Sunday tours around East London soon!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
“Jonnie is Great :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family of five (including two teenagers and a six year old) went around the Trafalgar Square/Covent Garden area with Jonnie on a private walk. I enjoyed it despite having a bout of terrible stomach flu. Jonnie was very considerate and friendly and he obviously knows a great deal about the areas he covers - including where the toilets are! He was also flexible and kindly changed the schedule to a later hour because I felt so ill - and he tailored the walk to fit my teen daughter's interest in literary London. Would highly recommend the walk if you want to interact with a local and see something other than the usual tourist attractions from a bus.

New York
“Terrific Tour with Terrific Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Some friends in London arranged a tour for my wife and me with Jonnie around the Spitalfields area (east London). We spent a couple of delightful hours learning about the history--ancient and recent--of this part of London. Jonnie is friendly, personable, and knowledgeable. I have already recommended him to a nephew who is traveling to London this week, and I hope to spend time with Jonnie the next time I visit.

London, United Kingdom
“My second of two fantastic walks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Jonnie's walking tours are fantastic - I have noe been on two of them and enjoyed them greatly.
My first "my neck of the woods" Tour was only a year or so ago, and I assumed that the second (a treat for some friends this weekend) would be identical.

What a fool! So much changes so quickly on the streets of London and Jonnie is quietly aware of it all. It's a testament to his skill as a tour guide that he manages to blend the present and the by-gone so seamlessly. Rather than offering a dry glimpse into a more eventful and exciting past - Jonnie brings out the life in the present as you walk the streets with him.

I'll be looking out for mushrooms and chewing gum for months to come.
Cheers
Mike

Visited May 2013
Dayton, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Jonnie is a great guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My daughter and I booked with Bowl of Chalk but needed to reschedule for another day, and Jonnie was fortunately able and willing to reschedule. That says a lot about his attitude, I think. He is most hospitable as well as knowledgable. We had planned on an all day walking tour but later found that the decision was just too ambitious! Our feet were very tired in spite of good shoes and it was our last day of a 2 week vacation, so we opted to end early. Jonnie had no problem with that, and didn't charge us the full amount! We truly enjoyed our tour with Jonnie! He is very attentive to your wishes and builds the tour around you. That is truly a personal touch. He likes to stroll and talk with you as he tells you history and facts along the way - so enjoyable. Book with him, you won't be sorry and your billfold will thank you,

Visited May 2013