“Relaxed, fun and fascinating” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 1,016 Activities in London
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, informal and factoid packed 'pay what you want' walking tours of London. Whether you're a hardened Londoner or just stepped off the plane, you will learn oodles of things about London that you didn't know you didn't know, in guaranteed small groups. Booking via website.
London
“Relaxed, fun and fascinating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Met in a central and easy to find location and felt immediately relaxed with Johnnie's informal and friendly manner. The pace was spot on, with everybody able to ask questions and linger at places of interest for as long as we needed. There was a constant stream of interesting facts along the way and there was never a dull moment. We took cameras and were able to get some great shots and see things in London we never knew existed. A handy stop in Borough market enabled us to feed ourselves before continuing and the whole tour seemed to fly by, without being tiring. I recommend these tours to tourists and Londoners, like me!

Visited January 2012

Lyon, France
“Riveting walk around London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

If you have the pleasure of being in London over the holidays or if you have the chance to live here, make this a must do !
Jonnie has shown a boundless passion about London's history which he managed to share with us in a personal, unique and funny way. His approach of the walk is so different from what I did before, I felt like walking with a group of friends around town rather than being on a touristic tour. Exaclty what I was looking for, a proper private tour !
He will keep you captivated for a couple hours with some fascinating stories and intriguing anecdotes. I enjoyed every minute!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

Visited December 2011
London
“Best walking tour I've been on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stumbled across Bowl of Chalk online and went on one of the first walks with 3 friends and we all enjoyed it immensely. Jonnie is an extremely personable, informative guide. You can't fail to learn really interesting, quirky facts as the style is very anecdotal, informal and chatty. If you are after something highly structured, then this might not be the tour for you.

For non-native speakers, I would probably only really recommend it to those who are pretty confident in English. But for visitors, and even those who have lived in London all their lives, you should really give this a try.

Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Great way to see London and while away few pleasant hours on a Sunday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Jonnie seems to have struck just the right balance between walk and talk. Although I’ve lived in the East End for many years I came away from his walking tour with lots of interesting little facts that I’m sure I wouldn’t have discovered otherwise.

Despite the cold February weather, it was an absolute delight and a pleasure to see the East End through Jonnie’s eyes. He has an approachable manner and a genuine enthusiasm for the city, and imparts his knowledge effortlessly. I’d highly recommend whiling away a few hours on one of Jonnie’s tours.

Visited February 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A brilliant, labyrinthine introduction to a brilliant labyrinthine city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Jonnie is a great guide. He doesn't simply reel of facts and figures but displays a genuine passion for London and its various nooks and crannies. The tour meanders through shakespeare, crappers, street artists, lost and rediscovered hospitals, antiques markets, pubs....
one gets the impression that each tour is tailored to whichever group is on the tour. And Jonnie is interested in each member of the group as well. He is infectiously enthusiastic and I can't imagine anyone ending a tour without taking a lot from it.

Visited January 2012