“london get away” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #349 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“london get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the travelodge in Stratford. This is an excellent all round hotel> I have stayed there on many occasions and its locality to the station and buses is ideal. I have already booked to go back again on my next visit to london

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Cramlington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My daughter, granddaughter and myself decided to come to London for a few days . As the Travelodge was the cheapest we decided to stay there. On our arrival we were greeted by the manager who checked us in. We had asked for a cot and another sheet for the bed. The manager took time out to help us to our room, then go and get a cot, sheet and another hand towel. We went to Westfield Shopping Centre which is about 10 minutes walk away. Everything is there from restaurants to designer shops etc. the next day having come back from a lovely day out we found there was only one hand towel again and no extra sheet. So much for the housekeeping. Next time we come to London we will probably look elsewhere for accommodation. Apart from the mishap the hotel was spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, we were in room 613 it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in Travelodge Stratford on a weekend visit to London. Although a wee bit out of the centre the hotel was an excellent base for Westfield Christmas shopping and only a short walk from the train station. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming on our arrival and issued helpful tips. Spacious room, super-comfy bed and clean bathroom (shower not great pressure). If you are looking for great value for money this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have paid less for much more in expensive locations such as Venice and Oslo. The Christmas tree was a metaphor for the whole experience, sad, lopsided, and depressing. Nevertheless, the staff were personable, but the food was like school dinners, full of carbs, tasteless and cardboardy. As for the room, well the towels were large, and the shower hot, but those awful dispensers of soap and shampoo..! .As for the 'famously comfy' beds, well they are not. My poor aged bones! Also, I think one might reasonably expect at least a hot chocolate sachet for those who do not indulge in caffeine. On the plus side, it was quiet enough for a location beside a busy road. Typical London prices; in other words the place is overpriced and boxy

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Neath, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Rooms were clean and tidy.
Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
An excellent value hotel.
We didn't eat at the hotel, but chose restaurants at Westfield instead.
Hotel is situated about 10/15 mins from Stratford station, so easy access into Central London.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this Hotel for a couple of nights towards the tail end of November, after having had a few days at Disney Paris.

Got a deal on Trivago which meant I was paying a really cheap amount for a double sized room, so I thought I had got a steal.

And it transpired that way as well…

Turned up and was checked in straight away. Was asked if I had a preference of what floor I wanted, and was also asked if I needed any amenities (free of charge) such as an iron or a hair dryer, as not all rooms come with this ready. Felt that the receptionist was really insightful and made sure I got the best room to suit my needs.

On entering the room, although a bit small and lacking in wardrobe space, given the fact you’re on holiday you don’t really need a massive room if you plan to be out throughout the day. Bathroom was clean, shower powerful and warm. The bed was brilliant, really comfy- better than my previous Disney bed in Paris.

We ended up on the tenth floor so our view from the window allowed us to look out to the O2 arena and Upton Park.

Breakfast was free, and it was delicious. Full buffet with both a continental option and a big fat greasy fry up option, which pleased me.

5 minute walk from Stratford Station where you can get numerous tubes, DLR, over ground and rail links. The Westfield shopping centre is located literally the other side of the platforms and that serves you well for restaurants and what not, and it’s open very late.
There’s actually a closer station to the hotel, Stratford High Street, but I believe that’s only for the DLR.

Takes about 20-25 minutes to get to city centre form the Tube, but it doesn’t cost much. Tubes can be busy on this line though, no matter what time of day.

Given the price of the hotel, you’re never going to expect a close proximity to the main sights. But it’s still brilliantly located in terms of transport links and the Westfield.

We left feeling that this hotel was actually better than the £200 a night hotel we stayed in at Disney.

Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed at the Travelodge London Stratford about half a dozen times now and I've never had a bad experience. As hotels go it's about as basic as you could expect, but it's clean and the new beds are exceptionally comfortable - I'm not surprised they advertise them for sale in the rooms. The thing that really makes the hotel for me is the staff. Nothing is too much trouble, they are always friendly & greet with a smile, even if you turn up wringing wet at 10pm. I've stayed in far more "prestige" hotels and never had a welcome like you get here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge London Stratford? Share your experiences!