“Most beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Most beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is my first visit to a Bulgari hotel. It is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The fittings and furniture are of the highest quality and gorgeous. The bathroom is well appointed, lots of lights throughout the room and bathroom but with dimmers. Very large comfortable bed, little gifts each night as part of the turndown service. Simply lovely. Concierge were very helpful and had some great restaurant recommendations.

The only let down is the breakfast service. Our first morning, we both ordered poached eggs, I got boiled and my partner got fried. Everything you order comes on separate plates. The sausage, bacon, eggs, all on separate plates. I would say most, if not all staff are not English, so you have to be sure they understand what you have ordered. The second morning, we got our eggs, and one by one, all the other things we ordered... Then we got the butter. Breakfast service not great, would suggest breakfast elsewhere. Great coffees though!!

Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylvain E, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London and for recommending the hotel so highly. Your kind comments are very much appreciated and it is a compliment indeed to hear that you consider it the most beautiful hotel you have ever stayed in. Also important to us are your thoughts on the breakfast service and I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met in this area. Please rest assured that we will look into your constructive feedback accordingly.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Sylvain F. Ercoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salisbury, Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We spent a night at the Bulgari. We chose it due to combination of the location, the facilities and the sheer indulgence, and we both very much enjoyed our stay there.

The design of the hotel is ultra modern but comfortable and welcoming. It prides itself on its service - as you would expect for the price - and the service is excellent. I like it that they take you for a tour when you arrive before showing you to your room, for instance, and all the staff are helpful.

The room was excellent. Very comfortable. The bathroom was nicely designed with tons of marble, a great shower and a sunken bath. What I particularly like about it was that it was well designed as well as functional. The whole hotel actually is like that - even the corridors are very grand.

The facilities are also good. The large pool for instance was great. Shame the vitality pool part was not working when we were there. Enjoyed the steam rooms also.

It there was a 4.5 star option I would give it that. It is a far better hotel in my opinion that the nearby Mandarin Oriental for instance. My only feedback to improve it still further is to amend the thermostat as the room was quite warm even when we reduced the temperature as far as it would go, and the breakfast was just a little bland and needs improving with better options (e.g. different omelettes etc). But I would certainly come here again. It's expensive but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylvain E, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London. It is wonderful to hear that you very much enjoyed your time here and that you particularly like elements such as the service, the design and the room. I am pleased to hear that you also had a chance to experience the spa and our 25m pool. Apologies again for the inconvenience of the Vitality Pool being closed for essential maintenance work, which will be completed soon. I also appreciate your comments on the room temperature and the breakfast, both of which will of course be looked into.
We very much hope to welcome you back for a future stay.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited for the first time with friends last Saturday evening. Initially we were booked for the set menu but upon seeing the extensive menu choice, wonderful fish dishes and a first rate wine list, we decided to make the most of the evening. Expensive but worth every penny ! The staff are extremely helpful and incredibly polite.

The bar and restaurant setting are stunning !! Feels really classy and indulgent, such that we stayed for a final drink upstairs to round off a perfect evening.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sylvain E, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear guest,
I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your visit to Il Ristorante and Il Bar last Saturday. Thank you for letting us know that your evening was a success and for your kind comments about the food and wine and towards our colleagues. We very much hope you will be back for similarly enjoyable evenings in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having just had an exquisite Saturday lunch with a friend from Singapore at the much applauded Hibiscus in Mayfair, it was a natural gesture and a pleasure to offer dropping them off at their hotel which in this case was the Bulgari in Knightsbridge.

Located in a choice location almost directly opposite the infamous One Knightsbridge apartments (and Zuma just behind !), Bulgari sits right on the main road with no driveway to boast. However the ever attending doormen are at the ready to provide a twenty pound valet service which I politely turned down, instead parking on the two pound and hour meters on Trevor Square just adjacent to the hotel.

As you enter the lobby you are at once impressed upon by the high gloss Italian design which is pervasive from the lobby to the drinks area and through to the restaurant. There is high gloss dark wood, smooth black marble, punctuated by some more modern structures, all of which envelope you in an integral and well appointed aura, worthy of an upmarket boutique hotel. The overall effect is contemporary but warm and works well to my mind.

I was privy to a visit to the rooms which are equally well appointed and continues to exude a luxuriousness similar to that of the ground floor. The large impressive leather-bound mini bar as well as the elaborately designed bedheads do stand out, and the well sized bathroom which is through and through dark marble and Italianate, is well stocked with all the amenities expected of such a hotel.

I would probably like to stay at this or a Bulgari hotel at some stage, and as I am local to London it will most likely be at one of their other locations like Bali or elsewhere in Europe. However I will certainly be keen to return to at least try their restaurant which I read elsewhere is more palatable on corporate expense!

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind review of the Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London following your brief visit with your friend last Saturday. We so appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on both the décor and the rooms. We do hope that you will have the chance to visit properly soon, be it for a stay or a meal in Il Ristorante. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Leicestershire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a lovely few hours spent in the bar with a friend...staff excellent...service excellent...I would definitely recommend and we are looking forward to our next visit to London. Relaxed...not pushy staff...but attentive...Excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sylvain E, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear guest,
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent visit to Il Bar. It is great to hear that you would recommend us as a place to meet while in London, and that you found the service to be relaxed yet attentive. Thank you so much for letting us know and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband surprised me on our Anniversary by booking a night at this luxurious hotel. As we stepped into the lobby we were struck by the elegance yet casual ambiance of the hotel. The attention to every detail is fantastic. Both our room and bathroom were lovely with lush fabrics and beautiful wood panelling. The spa and pool are fabulous. I had a manicure which was excellent.The staff are very courteous and attentive. My only negative thought was that we had tea and a cake each and it was ridiculously expensive as was dinner in the restaurant. The food was ok but for the price it was nothing outstanding. I thought the breakfast would be a lovely buffet and was disappointed to find that you had to order separate things from the menu and my poached eggs were luke warm. Again this was very expensive. I appreciate it is in Knightsbridge and that you are paying for the position and the luxury that is the hotel but do feel that compared to other luxurious hotels in London, it is slightly overpriced.They very kindly sent a chocolate mousse cake to our room and it was divine, so thank you very much for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sylvain E, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London. It is a pleasure to hear that you chose to celebrate your anniversary at the hotel and that you loved the surroundings and especially your spa experience. Thank you also for your comments regarding food and beverage, which we will of course take into consideration. May I take this opportunity to mention that as of Sunday 24 February we will be introducing a Sunday brunch buffet in Il Ristorante, followed by a complimentary movie in our cinema, which may be of interest to you. We hope you will visit again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back if so.
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Bulgari London is in my opinion the best place to stay at this time. It is not for all travelers, I respect opinions and reviews of all my fellows members but you cannot deny that this is a modern piece of art where you can reside in luxury. The rooms match perfectly with the architecture designs, the decor is 100% Bulgari, facilities and the service superb. Definitely is not for the frugal individual and we all are frugal sometimes or many times in our lives, but for the quality, location and the most spacious rooms in London, the price is just right. Add service, excellent restaurant, bar, spa and you have a 5 star residence. Certainly there are many luxury options in London and all of them historically famous but we cannot deny that Bulgari is a break of the norm. I was very pleased with what I experienced, I would defientely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sylvain E, General Manager at Bulgari Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Bulgari Hotel & Residences, London. I was so pleased to read your thoughts on your experience and your appreciation of the architecture, design, facilities and service. We are thrilled to have met expectations and to have provided a luxury option for you to recommend and to return to in the future.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Sylvain F. Ercoli

Been to Bulgari Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!