“Very good accomodation with helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prince Regent Hotel Excel London

You added Prince Regent Hotel Excel London to your Saves list
Prince Regent Hotel Excel London
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   361 - 363 Prince Regent Lane, London E16 3JP, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Ranked #387 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Abernethy
“Very good accomodation with helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I spent 4 nights here the first of which was unfortunately marred by the fact that my room looked onto a busy road. It was very warm and the windows had to be open so that sleep was virtually impossible. Next morning I spoke to the owner who asked me to pack my case and this would be transferred to another room at the back of the hotel before I returned - problem solved.
As someone else mentioned, the rooms are a little small but well fitted out with good quality fitments (extra drawer space would be appreciated).
The choice at breakfast is fairly limited and (instant) coffee is brought to one's table in an individual cup. I suggest each table should be provided with a percolator.
I would also prefer a door .to the shower rather than a shower curtain which gets itself drawn against the body!
All in all though, a nice hotel with any shortcomings more than compensated for by pleasant and helpful staff

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the front of the hotel unless the weather is likely to be cool enough to keep the wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed one night while visiting a trade fair at the Excel nearby. This was a convenient, well priced hotel with excellent service and good clean rooms. We had a complementary breakfast in comfort and i would wholly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Excel.
The staff we extremely helpful and we were even able to park our car safely in their private parking

Room Tip: we stayed in the Annex
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very nice hotel. Nice service, and the relation between price and quality is very good. They give us free water and fruit. The tube is about 3/5 minutes from the hotel. It also has some cheap take away restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This of the best hotel in docklands area. The stuff is excellent,friendly and really friendly !!

I would like to say a big thanks you to the guy (he is working at this hotel) for helping me yesterday.(9 of May 2014) !! you ARE THE BRILLIANT PERSON !! big big thanks to you !!!

Dina

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay very much. We are a professional couple staying for 1 week. We had complimentary breakfast each morning, with free bottles of water or juice anytime. The rooms were just big enough for us to lay down two suitcases and hand luggage. Showers had great pressure and clean to a high standard. The only thing that let this place fown was the location. It takes 35-45min via DLR and tube to go into town. Can be alittle scary at night if you are walking alone from prince regent station. But overall great place for value

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Prince Regent. For the modest price I paid (about half of the rates for the nearby chain hotels, it far exceed my expectations.
I booked it for one night as I had exams over two days at the London excel centre. There was some confusion as I arrived for check in early under the impression that I could arrive any time I wanted (they will need to update their online booking system) only to be told that check in wasn't until 2pm (the time of my exam), however, the staff were very understanding and let me stay in a spare room to prepare for my exam and transferred my things to my booked room after I left for it.
The breakfast was *excellent*. The kitchen served a very robust English breakfast and the eggs were done exactly to my order. I felt like I was in a restaurant even though I was getting a free breakfast! The only downside I'd say is that the single room was very small. However, it was very clean and the modern bathroom was decorated and fitted to a very high standard. If you just need a place to sleep its great, but if you need a bit of living room, I'd say get a double.
I slept like a baby even though I had an exam the next day! (Although there was a weird ticking noise I could hear.)
The location was brilliant also, you can walk to the excel centre/DLR station in 5 minutes.

In all, the Prince Regent is an absolute gem. Four-and-a-half star service for a three star price. Fantastic value.

Room Tip: Get a double.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Prince Regent Hotel Excel London? Share your experiences!