“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Flemings Mayfair

You added Flemings Mayfair to your Saves list
Flemings Mayfair
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7-12 Half Moon Street | Mayfair, London W1J 7BH, England   |
Offers & Announcements
Free £50 Harrods voucher
Ranked #212 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel has a perfect location. Super close to the tube and excellent base for an extended weekend in London. Yes the rooms are a bit on the small side (but we're in London!) and we did not have any view. But our room was located at the back so nice and quiet. Plus, you're in London - you'll probably won't spend much time cooked up in your hotel room anyways!
One point of annoyance was the bath/shower... I never understood those half-glas walls... it doesn't stop the bathroom floor from getting all wet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review on Flemings Mayfair, we greatly appreciate you sharing your views on your stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a lovely stay here, we are very lucky to be in such a central location making our guests stays convenient and enjoyable. Thank you for your review on the shower screens, we will take this into consideration as part of our on-going maintenance program. We hope to welcome you back to Fleming Mayfair again soon.
Oliver J. Q. Brown, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Hamilton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Best Location! Walking distance to the Palace, Underground, ground transportation, Green Park. Clean rooms, friendly staff. There are a couple of great pubs in walking distance, that the food was excelent at. I would recomend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review of Flemings Mayfair. We appreciate your positive feedback about the staff and cleanliness of our rooms. We look forward to your return.
Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

What a lovely room view not great as building work going on but hotel staff lovely also easy to get to and from and was lovely breakfast thanks mayfair we loved it ! Just shows that when looking threw other reviews it was spot on to come my daughter loved the pull out bed and wants one her self lol x x

Stayed July 2014
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
It is lovely to hear that you had a great stay at Flemings Mayfair, our hotel is full of character with each guest room being individually designed; we are glad you and your daughter liked this.
Our staff here work hard to achieve the best level of service for all of our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings Mayfair in the near future.
Thanks,
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently spent three days in London. I found this hotel on the internet and immediately loved the pictures of it. I booked a double room and contacted the hotel directly to kindly ask them to accommodate us in one of the rooms I saw on their internet site (black/grey and white wall paper with trees). Check in was perfect and we were kindly granted the room we asked for (we were actually even upgraded). I was very happy since it was a surprise trip for my daughter. The staff is very polite, kind and smiling. The hotel is very clean and nicely decorated. There is free wifi in the lounge and you can have your own connection in the room (charged). In the room you will also find a docking station for your i-pod/phone. The bed is of very good quality, we slept like logs! I would really recomment this hotel which is ideally located and a delight for your eyes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
It has been a pleasure reading your review following your stay at Flemings Mayfair, we are pleased you and your daughter had a fantastic time and liked your upgraded room. We always try to exceed our guests expectations when possible.
On behalf of the Flemings Team I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor, we greatly appreciate this.
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

On my second business trip to Mayfair, I decided to give the Flemings Mayfair a try on the recommendation of a friend. It ended up being a good choice. It is a great location and a good value given the locale. The rooms have been updated and are nicely appointed even if they are on the small side. The room is about average size for this part of London, but diminutive if you are expecting a spacious suite.

The staff was very welcoming and were happy to answer any questions. They politely asked if you needed any help every time I departed the hotel. Also offered some nice recommendations for nearby places to eat, both a quick bite and something a little more up market.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank for your great review on Flemings Mayfair.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff welcoming and made use of their recommendations. We are delighted you were happy with the room and that you found the décor to your liking.
We look forward to welcoming you back to another memorable stay!
Kind Regards,
Oliver J Brown, General Manager.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The good stuff:
the hotel Concierge(s) , Francisco and Pedro were outstandingly nice and helpful and a real pleasure. The gentlemen that hosted at the door (sorry, do not know your name...) was also top notch and we enjoyed the elegant attire. The location was great as previous reviews have noted. The continental breakfast was very good and the room and hotel nicely appointed. The bathroom was large and beautiful. Morning paper at door was nice. Street very nice.
The not good stuff:
we paid $672.00 (dollars) each night- for 4 nights- for a room for myself and two teen-age sons. It was called a family room- THAT was not accurate. There was a sofa bed wedged in a corner and we could not navigate past the desk and chair to get to it. The other bed was a king size bed split down the middle- this was sold a room for 3- and thus the price. It was VERY small for the price- and sadly all beds and pillows were hard. The Wi-Fi was weak and to upgrade was additional charge. When we were leaving, we asked an older woman who seemed to be in charge at the desk if we could leave our luggage in room for half hour beyond check out time and were refused and told to put it in storage. Nice send- off. The room was not ready for us when we arrived, although we did arrive at 11 am so were early.

Room Tip: You may want two rooms if more than two guests.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of our Concierge team. We have passed onto them your kind comments about the service your received.
We are sorry to hear you were not comfortable with the size and layout of your room. Please be aware there is always a Guest Services Manager available should you have wished to have seen other rooms. Our standard check out time is 11am, however we are happy to extend this subject to availability. Unfortunately on this occasion it was not possible. We have secure luggage storage, as my colleague mentioned, and are always more than happy to store guests’ luggage here.
Again thank you for your review and should you choose to book with us again please contact our guest services directly on guest.services@flemings.co.uk and they will ensure you have an enjoyable stay and receive the best rate guaranteed.
Kind regards,
Oliver J Brown, General Manager.
Melbourne,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The cons outweighed the pros for me on this hotel,although it is off Piccadilly and opposite Green Park I preferred the location of the Premier inn County Hall,my room was tucked away next to the housekeeping room so night and day there was banging going on next door,when I had a knock on my door I called out for them to wait a minute and they walked straight in and there I was in the loo in full view!! But my biggest gripe is that i needed to make a cpl of local calls from the room and,unfamiliar as I was with the number of digits required in the UK, dialled some incomplete numbers which didn't get connected but I still got charged for 10 tries at the number amounting to £12.55,I won't be recommending this hotel to anyone,there are better ones around.

Room Tip: Don't choose 213
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Branca S, Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay and I am sorry that you have left feeling disappointed. I would like to apologise for the disturbance caused by the Housekeeping staff and assure you this has been addressed with the Housekeeping team and re-training on our standard procedures is being conducted.
In reference to the telephone charges you incurred I have sent you a direct message today so we can locate your reservation and have the charges refunded to your credit card. I am sorry that this billing error was not recognised by our Guest Services team on the day of your departure and would like to sure you this amount will be credited back to you when we received your details. Thank you again and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Been to Flemings Mayfair? Share your experiences!