“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed 8 nights at the Star Hotel. I had a single room, which was quite small by US standards, but typical for a single room in London. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and the remodeled bathroom was nice with good hot water in the shower. The walls are thin and in the early evening I could hear conversation in the next room - but it never went beyond 9pm. So noise was not an issue. This is a good budget hotel but what makes it really special is the couple that manage it - Luigi and Elaina. They are so nice, so accommodating, so friendly that we really felt like we were leaving family when it was time to head home. They are really wonderful and I hope the owners appreciate them! So if you're looking for nice budget accommodation in a city that is outrageously expensive, run by two lovely people, look no further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cork, Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well you get what you pay for, it's a standard set up with all the necessities. But for what you get for the price it truly is good value and I would stay here again. The owner is a top bloke and couldn't have been more helpful. Actually had better TV and Wifi Reception than a 5 star hotel I'd stayed at the night before.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Looe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Star has recently been refurbished and the rooms and bathrooms are simply decorated and furnished but immaculately clean and the beds are very comforatable. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a continental buffet which is very well stocked. We ate at Le Molina a Spanish tapas restaurant which we thoroughly recommend. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting my daughter in Hammersmith and was really impressed with this excellent B&B! The room was clean and well appointed and the continental breakfast was lovely! A real value for money B&B in the capital! Would recommend this place to anyone visiting London!

• Stayed February 2013
Craigavon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Such a welcoming and friendly host, nothing was too much trouble at The Star. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and he suggested Malina, which turned out to be stunning a real gem of a Polish restaurant, less that 5 minutes walk away.
My room was lovely and warm and the bed comfortable. The shower good and hot (a must for me) and both room and en suite were spotless.I had a television and tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast was fine and everything fresh, again my host excelled in offering to warm milk for my coffee, little touches that I really appreciated. A very personal experience and I will most certainly stay at The Star again.

Room Tip: Double rooms are at the back and less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Gilroy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Friendly welcome upon arrival. Clean albeit simple room. Breakfast was continental as stated, but still good. What bumped this review to a four from a three would the be the friendly staff that were extremely helpful and willing to go out their way for the guests. We were able to walk to the underground although it was farther than expected and it was about a 35 minute ride into central London. The only downside we experienced was either the walls were very thin or our neighboring guests were extremely loud, but on our last night it sounded as if near by guests had their whole family in one of the rooms and they were talking and laughing loud enough for us to hear every word perfectly long into the night. I'm sure we had called down to the staff they would have asked the guests to quiet down, but we chose not to bother.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband & I stayed for 9 nights at this little gem. We chose it due to the close proximity to our daughters apartment. It was in a great location, close to Hammersmith station, buses right out the front, and only 2 bus stops away from the massive Shepherds Bush Westfield. It is so clean, the breakfast was just right to start the day, & Luigi is a lovely host. Our first room had quite a hard bed, & after 3 nights thought we would ask about it. Luigi very kindly moved us the next day into another room, which we very grateful for. Having wifi was handy too. I would not hesitate to stay here again if visiting London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Star Hotel B&B? Share your experiences!