“Excellent location and helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stylotel

You added Stylotel to your Saves list
Stylotel
160-162 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1UD, England (Formerly Ruddimans Hotel) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #523 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent location and helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights recently for a girly weekend with my mum and sister. The room was very clean, a bit on the small side however we really only dumped our luggage, showered and left to explore London. Paddington station is a 2 minute walk away which is great for catching the underground all over the city. We walked to Oxford street most days and again this is only 15 minutes walk away. The road itself had traffic but was quiet at night so there was no problems sleeping at night. Breakfast is included in this hotel which isn't always a norm for London and the food and ladies who worked in the kitchen were lovely and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a central location, clean room and on a budget. I would definitely come back and stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Patras, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We spent 5 nights, family holidays. The location is great, very close to Paddington Tube st. (200 m distance) and very good connection to bus routes. The breakfast was nice, the room was small but clean and the staff was very helpful, especially Andreas. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms in ground level have some noise during breakfast hours and smell from kitchen, preparing break...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff were nothing but friendly, seeing genuinely so rather than as if they were being force to do it, something that is often found in London hotels. They were willing to go the extra step to help, such as receiving a parcel or booking a taxi which was much appreciated.

The room was heated when I walked in, but you're able to adjust the thermostat (thank goodness!). The window doesn't open very much, and the room that I had looked into a courtyard and other people's houses, but I suppose you get what you pay for.
The decoration probably isn't to everyone's taste; the walls are lined with what looks like metal, and the floor is laminated wood. There is a decent-sized mirror though and the television is of good quality. I enjoyed the simplicity of the room and found that while I was there, I didn't notice it much.

I had a twin room, which was two single beds pushed together. This made it slightly awkward to sleep in as I kept sliding between the beds, also, the linen could be improved on. However, the mattress was comfortable so it was a good sleep.

While not dirty, there was a quantity of dust on the floor when I first walked in. This was gone the second day, but I have a feeling my bed sheets weren't changed. Perhaps if there was a sign that indicated if the sheets wanted changing?

I didn't go to the sister-pub across the road, but went to the dining room in the basement for breakfast. It was cramped and there wasn't much variety of food on offer. Not bad, but very average.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Stylotel and will probably return again if I had to stay in a budget hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spend four nights at Stylotel and all was great. The hotel stuff is very helpful and they can help you in order to know London sites. Also they offers several discounts on restaurants and London attractions. At the lobby hotel they have tee and coffee for free, that's a good detail.

The breakfast was nice, they have some juices, milk and cereals. Also you can choose the classical bacon plus egg and sausages, which are very good and tasty.

Stand out that the hotel is very quiet, despite our room was located toward main street (Sussex Gardens) which has continously traffic we could rest and sleep very well. The bed was very comfortable. The unique "negative" point is that the room is a little tiny, but normally London's hotels room are. Despite the room size, is totally enough for sleep, rest and take breakfast.

The location is so good, very close to Padington Station (where you can move around Central London with Circle Line). Also, if you like to walk, you can arrive to Hyde Park around 7-10 mins. Moreover you can walk towards Edgware Road and you will be in Oxford Street and MarbleArch in only 15 mins, this could make you to save money in transports.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

So I was looking for somewhere cheap, but
1. central location but can also allow me to get to the airport easily
2. clean
3. store my luggage safely after check out so I could still go to other places before leaving London (amazed to discover that not many budget accommodations offer this)
4. safe where a solo female traveller could go back at night without feeling dangerous

I have been reading almost every review for these budget hotels and doing a lot of research because I really would like to find a cheap but good place. And Stylotel is exactly what I am looking for. I was about to book another capsule hotel when I finally found out Stylotel. It's cheaper and it offers more free facilities that you need to pay for in those other capsule hotels, like towel and TV, plus the rate includes breakfast as well! I felt like I found a real gem. And the tube station is just 2-3 minutes away!

Plus, the staff are super friendly. Upon check in, they gave me a map and tube map which is very useful for travellers. They always let me know that I can always help myself with the tea and coffee near the front desk. Even though I have checked out already and I was taking back my left luggage before heading to the airport, the staff at the front desk also reminded me again I could just rest for a while and have some tea or coffee before leaving. This makes me feel so comfortable and welcomed. I would definitely recommend this to my friend and will choose to stay with them again next time.

Some people said the bed sheet is not that clean, I think it's acceptable for this price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel was clean & tidy, the staff were very helpful, good location for exploring London, Restaurants, Pubs close by, Interior of the Stylotel stylish, dependant on taste, car parking a bonus for this area of London, well worth a stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The location is perfect for short jaunts to London - only a 4 minute walk from Paddington. The room was clean and the front desk staff had added an extra heater to make sure it was warm. This was good as the blankets are not as warm as you might hope. I was in room 101 - a twin room. Enough space, but have to admit the bathroom having an glass door which was probably a service entrance was a bit odd; it was opaque, but felt a bit odd. Took a while for the water to get hot (which was good to realize). Otherwise, the stay was pleasant. Breakfast was good. Staff was accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Stylotel? Share your experiences!