“Smelly disgusting hotel with rude front office staff” 1 of 5 stars

Premier West Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 - 34 Glenthorne Rd, London W6 0LS, England   |
Ranked #933 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Pineda de Mar, Spain
“Smelly disgusting hotel with rude front office staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I bought a stay at this hotel on the third week of September through a website, not realizing how fake the photos can be.
First I was greeted with a solemn looking Asia Asian staff who was obviously far from familiar with British etiquette.
Then I noticed the horrid dank smell of fungal, infected furnishing. And it was even worse at the 2nd floor room I was given which had a view to two huge waste bins below.
Worse to come, I had only ice cold shower working and the hot shower was only fixed on the fourth day of my five days of wasteful stay. Same inaction on the bathroom sink that got clogged every two seconds the faucet was turned on.
This stay in London certainly gave me a bad first impression of cleanliness standard in UK, which luckily didn't last long after I stayed at several other hotels during my extended UK visit.
Some may say you get what you pay for but 50 quid a day would have been better spent in investing on a tent to sleep outdoors..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok let me start by saying yes the location is amazing that's the only thing they have going for them.
If your looking for something dirt cheap and you only want to sleep in it this is it.
But even when you sleep it's absolutely rubbish the blanket is so thin and I found myself wrapping myself up with my own clothes.
The toilets are filthy and disgusting.
I'm sorry to say this but I know it's a 1/2 star BUT seriously all you need is decent painting and cleaning (I mean get scrubbing) and my god the corridors make you feel suffocated and stuffy. The breakfast is straight forward it's not cooked but I decided not to go down for breakfast as there wasn't much choice and looking at how filthy everything else was I rather not eat there.
People that are writing 4/5 star I dread to think what your houses are like!!!!
I expect at least decent cleaning, there were ants and a fly in the toilet.
The staff were pleasant at least.
Shame it's such a run down place.
A little bit more work and it could be something amazing. I mean guys you have the best location in the place you can really make it work and if its nicer people will pay more!!

• Stayed November 2013
cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very disappointed with my stay in the Premier West hotel . I am aware that this is a budget hotel so didn't have high expectations to begin with , however I was not expecting a cold room with very thin bedsheets and damp . The hotel management provided a heater which was kind but did not heat the room adequately .The tv was also broken and was not fixed during the duration of my week long stay despite requests to do , Breakfast was adequate and reasonable quality and in fairness the hotel is in a good central location with easy access to central London . With a few improvements this coud be a great hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gosport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Spacious room, comfy bed with 4 pillows. Room came with all the usual things - towels, tea and coffee, toiletries. Had everything we needed - even a fridge and microwave!
Bed only had a thin blanket - no duvet - but it was very hot in there so not needed (even though the window didn't shut properly).
TV only had itv and channel 4 - no BBC.
Bathroom needed some work - toilet had seen better days, door didn't shut properly, didn't test the shower but it looked ok.
Was very noisy at night - other guests in the hotel got in late and stayed up late, nextdoor were noisy and people outside were noisy - take earplugs!
Breakfast was basic but ok - yoghurts, oranges/apples and cornflakes. 4 slices of toast were put on our table 5 minutes after we sat down (with a selection of jams available). Tea, coffee, apple juice and orange juice. No cooked breakfast.
Overall good value for money and better than expected after some of the reviews I had read on here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saltash, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After reading some of the appalling reviews I feared the worst but I think some people have completely unrealistic expectations considering the price. I stayed in a triple room with my sister and elderly mother. It was clean and comfortable, the shower was great, the breakfast more than adequate and the staff friendly and helpful. The decor is irrelevant. Very good value for such a great location and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

When you book a £60 hotel in Central London for a Saturday night you expect a general standard of quality, not too much for the low price but a general standard. This hotel regularly fell down in this aspect. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and welcoming enough, we were shown to our room which was downstairs. On first looks it seems good. A clean double bed, with a sink, cooker and fridge isn't too bad. However it was on take full advantage of the room when the first problems occurred. Firstly the TV worked but only after moving the attached indoor aerial around, plugs looked quite dangerous, the curtains didn't shut probably and we unfortunately could often see the view of the outside bins (lovely). Then worse of all the sink was blocked with hair and the moldy shower would not run hot water at all (nightmare). We then complained and after 20 minutes of the staff member trying to run any hot water we were told that we could be given an alternative room. The new room, a triple, was downstairs in an area that smelled strongly of gas. There were lack of facilities in the new room with no TV, or anything like the first. However the shower did run hot water and we had a decent enough sleep on the single beds. The breakfast was a perfectly ok continental breakfast of cereal, yogurt, toast (cooked by staff) and tea/coffee. After we had finished breakfast and handed the key in at reception one of the staff members came over to apologise for the quality of the first room we had been given which we thought was a nice touch to a overall disappointing stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgend, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night as we wanted to see a show in the Apollo and it was very close by. On arrival I was told my room had been upgraded to a quad having booked only a double. Plus points: the room was spacious and clean with immaculately clean bedding and towels, the bathroom was very clean, the staff were friendly and it is extremely close to the tube, the shops and of course the Apollo. Minus points: there was an unpleasant smell in the hallways and the tv didn't work. Neither of which would have deterred me from staying there. In summary, the hotel is dated and has some issues but what can you expect for £60 a night with breakfast included? Some of these reviews are laughable- you won't get absolute luxury at that price.I thought it was fab value and perfect for our needs.we just wanted somewhere clean to sleep. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Premier West Hotel? Share your experiences!