“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

You added Jesmond Dene Hotel to your Saves list
Jesmond Dene Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Argyle Street, London WC1H 8EP, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #225 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed in the ground floor apartment which is a few minutes walk from the main hotel. It is very comfortable with a small bed/ sitting room, separate kitchen and bathroom. While the apartment is small it is very spacious compared to many London hotel rooms,

The reception staff were very friendly and walked us to the apartment and provided useful local information and made sure we were comfortably settled in the apartment.
Our tariff included a delicious, full English breakfast tin the hotel dining room.
The location is excellent as it is only a few minutes walk to King's Cross and St. Pancreas stations.

Room Tip: The ground floor apartment is a few minutes walk from the main hotel but has the advantage of having...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Czech first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The location was great! The staff there was nice and welcoming. We even got a free upgrade!! The room was small but was sufficient enough. The room was clean as well. Definitely worth it if you're on a tight budget.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Unfriendly check in , the room was not ready at 2.50 pm, I had to wait until 3.
The room was really tiny, the size of a cupboard. The walls were in a dilapidated state and the man at the reception was unfriendly. He didn't accept a cancellation for another room I had booked , I had for a cancellation 10 hours after I booked it, and he refused to cancel the room. The separate bathroom was extremely small as well, the size of a closet, and I could hear the people above my room.

Catonsville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I selected this establishment because of it's close proximity to King's Cross/St. Pancras. I was meeting my daughter who was arriving via train from mainland Europe and I was coming down from Nottingham. After our stay I was heading out to Heathrow to return to the US and she was heading back to Nottingham. Just a block away for the transportation facilities, it was perfect.

When I checked in, my room was not yet ready, but after a brief time in which I had lunch, I returned to find my bags in my room, which was an indication of the high quality of service this hotel provides. Attentiveness to our comfort was carried through the two breakfasts I enjoyed there.

The room was small and the bathroom even smaller, but both were clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the wifi worked well.

At 130 pounds per evening for a triple, with included breakfast for up to 3 persons, it would be difficult to beat the value of this place. I recommend this highly.

Vancouver Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After 20 hrs travelling , I arrived exhausted but excited. I was starting my month long solo journey through Europe ....
this was not the best way to start .
I wanted proximity to St.Pancras train station for my eurorail to Paris ...which it has .
The reception was a bit tricky to find /unfriendly check-in./
Kind young man walked me with my luggage across the street to another small building , he helped me haul my backpack up three flights of narrow winding stairs , and opened a room the size of a cupboard. / I felt like crying .....It was a hotbox !
I asked if he could find me a fan / he said he would try - but I never saw him again .There is no phone in the room , so i could not contact the front desk .
I was too exhausted to trek down all the stairs and down the street .
the bathroom was tricky . -using the shower , doused the entire room in water -forget bending down if you drop anything !
But , it has a bed , running water , a toilet .
I would spend a little more next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment which was great for our family of 5. Was great to have the use of a kitchen, supply of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cereal (needed to buy own milk). Very quiet location on a side street
Although the main hotel is across the road from Kings Cross/St Pancras (and only a little bit further from Euston), the apartment is behind the station(the receptionists took us in their car). Great access to theatres by both bus and tube and the bus comes very close to the apartment on return. (bus goes to Trafalgar square). Also close to the Regent canal and there is a lovely peaceful walk to Camden Lock market.

Room Tip: The website descriptions of rooms are quite clear.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We rented a room with 3 single beds in April 2015. At first I was surprised that the room was small and also below ground level. However, it was brightly lit with a big window in a window well, and the room was nice and quiet, clean and modern. We could hear the tube very faintly rumble when it went by but it didn't bother us. I think at this hotel you have to be very careful booking because they have different classes of rooms, some of which have shared toilet facilities, and you only get the free breakfast if you book through the hotel directly. The breakfast was very nice. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The location couldn't be better, just a few steps from St. Pancras and King's Cross stations. The front door of the hotel looks half a block down the street terminating at beautiful St. Pancras station. The free wifi worked well in the room.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Jesmond Dene Hotel? Share your experiences!