“THE BEST!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

You added Jesmond Dene Hotel to your Saves list
Jesmond Dene Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Argyle Street, London WC1H 8EP, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #226 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Victoria, Canada
“THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Had such a wonderful stay at this hotel.. here is a list:-
1/ Location - so close to everything - the train station (St. Pancras), King's Cross tube station, and the buses - restaurants (from simple tasty food like Costa's and many others) - shopping? close to the Tube to every shop you can think about!
2/ Breakfast - yummy! delicious English hot breakfasts, lots of orange juice, staff were so accomodating and extremely friendly, lots of tea, toast and nobody hurried you..
3/ Room - quiet, cozy, super shower (better than mine at my apartment!), towel warmers, big double bed, tv
4/ Front Desk - extremely accomodating! helped me with my cab, directions, telephoning my Mum in Canada... so very willing to help me out!

* More pictures coming as still developing them!

** HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT - and planning to go back next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Yarm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I try to use this hotel every time I am in London on business. I can't fault it at all! The rooms are spotless, staff are great and breakfast is spot on. Also great value for money. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Kings Cross so can be an ideal base for anywhere in London.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is a great base for a London visit, for work or leisure. I think it offers good value for money, is two minutes from Kings Cross Station and is spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and welcoming. It doesn't have all the amenities people might expect, for example tea and coffee facilities, plus not all the rooms have an ensuite bathroom. But I'd rather stay somewhere like this hotel, with clean, comfortable beds and a good English breakfast on offer, than some larger hotels which are frankly disgraceful.

• Stayed February 2013
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very clean, comfortable and well-located B&B rather than hotel (and none the worse for that for short city trips): I was ill during my stay and the staff were helpful and pleasant. Will definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night as last minute booking. Courteous reception: had double room for single room: Small, with limited space but very clean and comfortable and modern shower-room. Very good breakfast.No lounge: space really part of reception: this is just a very good B & B and convenient for Rail Stations & buses and restaurants.

Room Tip: seek advice of Reception
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bahar ic-Caghaq, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

been to this hotel with three lady friends of mine so we stayed in the family room it was like a home from home .this family run hotel is very warm throughout ,it is spotlessly clean and the beds were extremely comfortable.The room had everything like a very new efficient shower room tea and coffee making facilities hair dryer extra sink and huge television.The breakfast was freshly cooked every day and it was very good the staff were very helpful and the location ofthis hotel is excellent would definitely go there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My mum and I stayed here during the later part of our UK trip. After reading reviews of the hotel on Trip Advisor, I specifically requested a room not too high up and preferably quiet as I knew we will have a lot to lug upstairs and we will need a good rest after days and days of walking about, sightseeing and shopping. To our surprise, when we checked in, we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment!! We were delighted with the space and facilities provided (washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, mini kitchen) on that ground floor apartment located on St Chad's Street, just a short 2 minute walk down from the Jesmond Dene Hotel main reception on Argyle Street. The best part, only 2 steps to climb before the main door of the townhouse! However, the shower cubicle was rather tiny (even for us Asians) and the shower head was spraying water so lightly, it felt like raindrops. And to note, I paid the same amount for this 3-star B&B as I did for another 4-star hotel, in which I've gotten much warmer service and a more comfortable shower space. And I guess, with the room being on the ground floor, the noise from the nearby main road is inevitable. On weekends, there are crowds outside a club nearby and this may be a problem for light sleepers, although my mum and I slept right through it. I would consider staying here again during my next visit to London, but will seek out hotels nearby at about the same price range before making a decision to return.

So overall, plus points for our trip was the free upgrade, the bedroom space and apartment facilities, the yummy full English breakfast included in the rate, pleasant service, close vicinity to Kings Cross Station and bus stops as well as the cleanliness of the premises.
The part I liked the least was probably the value for money. If I hadn't gotten the free upgrade, I would say it wasn't value for money since I paid the same rate for a 3-star B&B double bedroom (which was rather small as seen in the pictures) as I did for a 4-star hotel located nearby.

Room Tip: Try to book the apartment instead of the rooms if you want more space and like having some cooking a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jesmond Dene Hotel? Share your experiences!