“Awesome value!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #378 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“Awesome value!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed at the Blades hotel for 2 nights. 130 pounds total including breakfast which I have missed both days thanks to my laziness haha. Really good location 5 minutes away from Pimlico station. Very decent 3*** room, tidy and comfortable. Flat street TV and a nice bathroom. Very helpful and friendly staff. Special thanks to Marry who has helped me a lot with printing out some stuff. Definitely recommend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Blades recently during a short break in London. The location was perfect for sightseeing as it is only a couple of minutes walk to Pimlico tube station and Victoria train station where many of the London Sightseeing tours depart from. Buckingham Palace was also an easy walk, and we walked to take in the 'Wicked' show at the Apollo theatre one evening as it is just up the road. There were also loads of great restaurants and bars very close by.

The Hotel itself was excellent and the staff were helpful and friendly. We had a good sized double bedroom with an en suite shower room which was very clean and comfortable and had all the amenities we required. The continental breakfast was also excellent with loads of choice and it set us up for the rest of the day.

Overall a fantastic hotel in a brilliant location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sitges, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wonderful welcome from a lovely lady who I can only assume is the Manager Claudia, a really good all rounder, my friend & i stayed both had nice rooms the first & second floor, we were both impressed with the service we received and the friendliness we felt from the staff willing to help and go that extra bit for you. We will be returning!!!

Room Tip: first floor is more modern in terms of bathroom in my opinion
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very nice host running a clean, friendly hotel, The room was comfortable and I slept really well. Breakfast was nice.
The position is really convenient, a 3-4 minute walk from Pimlico tube station. I always feel anxious about hotels, they can spoil a holiday or short break but I will definitely go back and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a good weekend at Blades Hotel. Very friendly host, alright rooms and a reasonable price. Great location with pimlico station really close, and victoria not far away either. Very good hotel if you just want to stay somewhere basic

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my third visit and as happy an experience as ever.The location is ideal for almost anywhere in London but particularly suited to my needs. My room had been recently updated, as was the shower room, and giving me everything I required for a two night stay. For me cleanliness is key and I was not dissappointed. I was remembered from my previous visit which is always heart-warming, and I will definitely use this hotel on my next visit to London.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Enjoy my stay at the Blades Hotel it's a nicely renovated heritage hotel .With just the basics .
A bit of a hike to get to the room there is no lift so try to make a request for a lower room if possible .
Location location this is deftly was a good location .From the buses down the street to the metro around the corner .
The continental breakfast was varied in selections with crumpets cold cereal and hot milk if required .I met wall managers and found that they were very helpful and courteous .I had to leave early on the Sunday morning and she got up early to get me a good breakfast .
Thanks for making my stay so warm .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Blades Hotel? Share your experiences!