“Best Budget Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London Leicester Square

You added Premier Inn London Leicester Square to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Leicester Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Leicester Place | Leicester Square, London WC2H 7BP, England (Soho)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #146 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorkshire
“Best Budget Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stay in a wide variety of hotels from 5 stars down. However my favourite budget chain is Premier Inns. I was particularly impressed over the last two days with the Leicester Square Inn. I had reason to speak with 5 or 6 different members of staff during my stay and they were all efficient and very friendly and helpful. Our room on the 7th floor looked across to the Millenium Wheel and Nelsons Column.
Our room was very nice and the bathroom outstanding better than many I've experienced in expensive hotels.
I did tell the two guys at reception how satisfied i was as I find people are keen to complain if necessary but rarely bother to praise when things are good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

• Very good
• Perfect location – walking distance to “all” of London
• Friendly staff – good breakfast buffet with good service
• Took a long time to get light in bathroom and the soap dispenser to be fixed. Ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for more – not refilled on Sunday despite the fact that we were running low!

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Of course this hotel has a great location, Leicester Square is in the middle of many of the sites we wanted to visit as tourists in London, close to restaurants in Chinatown and Soho, walking distance to many West End theaters, is alive with entertainment and crowds of people at night and is close to an Underground stop. But the hotel has its own great features. The breakfast is more than adequate with hot and cold entrees. The dining room is also open at night but we had other plans each night. The rooms are small but clean, free cable TV and wireless internet at a nominal charge of 3 pounds a night or 10 pounds a week. There is large touch screen in the lobby to check-in at the airport and print your boarding pass. The staff is great - friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for three nights in June. The room was small but clean and is in a great location. Easy access to the tube station and was about 50 minutes to Heathrow. They promise a 'good nights sleep' and if this doesn't happen they will refund the night. Unfortunately, someone accidentally set the fire alarm off on two of the nights we stayed - not the hotels fault - but they happily refunded one night for us which was beyond our expectations and the staff were very attentive. Would stay here again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked one night 1st June 2013, we had tickets for a concert and needed a reasonably priced place to stay within easy walking distance of the Underground, this ticked all the boxes. Room comfortable, friendly professional welcome when we booked in. It's a small hotel with a good atmosphere. Breakfast very nice. Good service from all the staff, particularly Ruby and Selim. We would definately stay again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Only stayed the one night but if I need a room in London again I would not hesitate to recommend.

We arrived just after 2pm and I asked the young lady at reception if there was by any chance a twin room available as there hadn't been when I'd made my booking. There wasn't but just as we got into our room she called us to say she'd found us a room with 2 beds. Absolutely superb service.

We had the meal deal and the food was good, staff serving could have been better as the chef gave up and brought our meals himself at one stage. Great value for money to have a 3 course meal, drink and breakfast for £23.

Room was absolutely spotless, bed comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. No noise whatsoever which I was not expecting given the location of the hotel in the heart of London.

Location is just perfect. We were visiting London to go to the theatre and it was a pleasant 10 minute stroll away. Amazing atmosphere in Leicester Square as we walked back after the theatre had finished.

We had a really great breakfast next day after having been warmly welcomed again by the superb lady on reception. She really did bring warmth and personality to what could have been a bland hotel.

We left our cases at the hotel whilst we went shopping and picked them up on our way back to Euston, an unexpected and very welcome service.

Top marks, I was a little concerned about the price initially but it was worth every penny.
The lady in reception is a complete asset to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask if you have not been able to book the type of room of your choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mystic, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed for five nights at the Leicester Square Hotel in the middle of May and loved it! I was alone but reserved a double room and it was plenty big especially the bathroom. The bed was quite comfortable and the AC kept the room as cool as I liked it.
I had requested an upper room and it was very quiet, never any noise from inside or out.
The hotel decorations and rooms are basic and plain but that's fine for the price. If you are like me you're out the door early, stop back late afternoon for a couple of drinks and a rest and out again for the night. You can walk to many, many attractions in 15-20 minutes. I found myself walking the short distance to Convent Gardens three nights for dinner.
A lot of people criticize the location but I found it safe, vibrant and a great place for people watching. The square was packed with tourists and locals. It got a little rowdy on the weekend nights but I never felt unsafe.
You won't like the hotel if you are looking for quaint London but it's clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly the few times I dealt with them , but there were no problems so we didn't really see each other much

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Premier Inn London Leicester Square? Share your experiences!