“good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apex Temple Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Apex Temple Court Hotel to your Saves list
Apex Temple Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 2 Serjeants' Inn | Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1LL, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Great deal:Save up to 30%
Ranked #22 of 1,054 Hotels in London
US
“good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed in Apex about 2 years ago near Tower Hill station, on this trip we needed to stay somewhere more central hence chosen Apex Temple court. Great location could walk from Waterloo station and within minutes we were in the heart of London. Not sure about previous reviews about restaurants being closed on the weekends as covent garden is just around the corner with plenty of choice. The hotel is new and trendy and with character. Service at reception was what I have expected nothing more nothing less and this is the way I like it. Had a drink in the restaurant and the staff was polite and friendly. Can not complain. Throughout my travel I learnt to be a guest and enjoy the places I go. All and all a great hotel with nice staff and I will reccomend to my friends and family.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Apex Temple Court hotel with my wife just for one night.
It's a great hotel in a fantastic location. The staff were attentive and welcoming despite their heavy accents making it a little difficult to understand.
The room was comfortable, spacious and had good decor.
I think it's fantastic value for central London, but I think the breakfast at 19 GBP was way overpriced so was avoided.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

friendly receptionist , paid for three course dinner bed breakfast , on arrive to the restaurant we were told it was a two course. questioned it at reception finally the three course was agreed from the on we were totally ignored by the staff after all the hassle could not eat the main course we will not be returning

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Karl M, General Manager at Apex Temple Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Mr & Mrs Reed,

Once again thank you for allowing me the time to address and discuss your experience further over the phone this morning. I am grateful for your feedback, which is a valuable source of information and helps me monitor the service we provide.

Whilst I was pleased to note that you were impressed by the service you received from Baiba on reception and that you found the hotel room to be most suitable and spotlessly clean, I was concerned upset that this was somewhat spoilt by your experience in our restaurant. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the challenge you have encountered and reassure you this does not reflect our normal standards of service.

We go to great lengths to ensure we employ people with great passion, friendliness and warmth. I'm surprised and disappointed to note that you found some of my team anything less than this. We would like to achieve excellence in all aspects of our hotel and we will take your points and experience on board to ensure our service is always delivered at the highest level.

It was nice to hear that follow our conversation you would consider returning to the hotel on your next trip to London to allow us a second chance.

Kind Regards,

Karl
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Apex Temple Court Hotel on three occasions. The first time I stayed was fantastic. Good room, good food, good service and amazing breakfast (the eggs Florentine are really good).

However, on the last two occasions I stayed, upon arrival, I was advised that the double room I booked was unavailable. I have instead been offered twin rooms or an accessible room, which came without a bath. There are several decent hotels in this area and if I had been told when booking that they did not have a double room available I would have stayed else where.

During my last stay, I elected to eat in the restaurant as the food and service is normally very good. I order the suckling pork, I was told that they had run out and instead I could have pork lion which I agreed to.

My meal arrived and although it did not look like what I was expecting and a bit under cooked, I began to eat it anyway. At about 25% of my way through, I was told that I had been given the incorrect meal, but as I had "eaten so much of the wrong meal", I couldn't have what I had actually ordered. In addition, the staff really didn't appear all that concerned that they had served me the incorrect meal. When I came to pay I was surprised that neither had they offered to remove the cost of the meal from my bill or at least offered a complimentary drink. Considering the prices in the restaurant I would expect far better service.

I wasn't going to bother writing a review on trip advisor, but as they did not respond to my initial feedback left on their webform I felt I probably ought to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Karl M, General Manager at Apex Temple Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Stuart M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We appreciate your comments regarding the quality of our restaurant service and are disappointed that both of these areas fell below your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured that we have discussed your comments with the team and have implemented further measures to ensure that we do not have a future re occurrence of this nature.

We would certainly like to reassure you that this is not typical and as you will have noted from many previous reviews that we are passionate about always trying to exceed our customer expectations. The team work tirelessly everyday to ensure all our customer’s have a "home from home" experience and we would like to offer our sincere apologies that this was not what you encountered on this particular occasion.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to have you back with us to demonstrate the true hospitality that we have become so well known for. I will send you a message separately and hope that we are in a position to have your company with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Karl Mitchell
Newport gwent south wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Polite and helpful service at reception.
1st floor room overlooking car parking area, became noisey in the early morning when staff and deliveries arrived. Room comfortable, large bed and fluffy towels but small for price paid.
Theatres within walking distance but no close underground station.
Prefer the Apex City for overall experience and location.

Dear Dean080,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to note you found or staff at reception to be friendly and helpful as we work hard to deliver a warm and friendly service and indeed recruit our team on these principles. I was however disappointed to read about the inconvenience caused with the car park noises you experienced during the morning of your stay.

I am pleased you found your room to be comfortable. Our beds are very well received by our guests, especially the comfort of the mattresses. Room sizes may vary within the same category but our standard rooms are somewhat higher than the London average. It would be my pleasure to personally find you a room that will afford the space that you would appreciate should you try us once more which I sincerely hope you will.

As you noted we have theatre land right on our doorstep and there are lots of tucked away gems to explore around the hotel. Our team would love to help you find them - just drop us a line at templecourt.concierge@apexhotels.co.uk and we'll help you make the best of your return visit.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hopefully welcoming back in the future.

Yours sincerely

Karl Mitchell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is clean, positioned close to Covent Garden and the Thames. Rooms are nice (not too big, at least the standard ones) and very silent - especially those facing the internal court. The breakfast could be a bit more generous in terms of offer. Staff is nice and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Rooms were of a nice size, clean and new. The desk arrangement with the retractable mirror was a nice touch. Bathroom was very nice and larger than many bathrooms I've had in London.
If I had been travelling with my wife we would have had a problem with insufficient drawer space. Seems to me there were spots where they could add drawers without taking away floor space. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Apex Temple Court Hotel? Share your experiences!