“AMAAAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apex Temple Court Hotel

You added Apex Temple Court Hotel to your Saves list
Apex Temple Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 2 Serjeants' Inn | Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1LL, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sussex
“AMAAAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Highly recommend this ideally located hotel in between St Pauls cathedral and Covent Garden. Easy walking distance to Covent Garden - 10-15 mins even though the concierge looked concerned about my high heels! We were upgraded to a beautiful room on the 5tht floor to celebrate a special birthday and they even bought in complimentary chocolates for my partner.

The room was a suite with a separate living area and sofa, a Nespresso maching, robes, slippers and nice Elemis toiletries in the spacious bathroom with a bath and a rain shower.

The decor was lovely and slightly masculine which is what I wanted. The big bed had high quality cotton sheets and there was also a big tv with Sky and a digital radio.

The best bit of all was the private balcony with views across to Big Ben and the Eye. It was glorious sitting out there in the sun and very hard not to delve into the mini bar at that time!

The staff were beyond fantastic - they went the extra mile to make our stay perfect and were so pleasant and friendly. We had a £10 voucher to spend in the hotel, but forgot to use it on lunch where we had a nice mixed platter of duck fritters, cheese croquettes and sliders complete with moreish fries. It was a tad pricey, but expected in a top notch hotel like this.

Do not hesistate to recommend this place for a weekend in London. x

Room Tip: Go for one on the 5th floor with balcony - worth the extra!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Greek first
Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Since more than 25 years we travel from time to time to London and know some of the 5* hotels there. None of them convinced us to return. How lucky we've been to choose this time the Apex Temple Court Hotel! Very friendly staff, all of them (not only certain of them). Very clean rooms (I guess this was the first time we had not to clean the closet before putting anything in). Perfect location: quiet but just off Fleet Street. Good mattress, convenient sized room, a Nespresso machine (what else ...) with complementary coffee and it was calm (we heard just some times slamming of doors but no noisy cleaner in the morning or running water from other bathrooms). They also offer free WiFi in the room and throughout the hotel and it was working. The restaurant doesn't offer a wide choice but what they serve is very good. The only thing we have to criticize is the missing storage in the room: only two very small drawers in the closet (which is itself very small), no drawers in the bedside cabinet or the sideboard with the TV or anything else to put shoes, bags etc. We missed also a towel rail in the bathroom. But apart of this a perfect stay and we'll return for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Loved it. From the time you walk down the steps with a very imposing Elephant in front of you and enter the hotel you are made very welcome. The staff are very friendly and always happy to help. The rooms are spacious, very clean and modern with everything you would wish for, even the rubber duck which unfortunately we forgot to take with us as the hotel suggests. If you stay at this hotel it will become clear. Loved the Elemis toiletries.
The hotel is very central just a short walk from the Embankment with most of the sights also within walking distance. Covent garden 15mins, St Pauls 10mins, Oxford street 30mins. We were informed it was quicker to walk then use the tube. I have to say this was more pleasureable as I was able to see lots of London that would be missed if on the tube.
Being close to the Embankment it was very easy to get a hop on hop off river cruise to see the sights along the Thames.
Buffet breakfast was a plus for us as did not realise it was included in the price. Good variety fruits, yoghurts, meats, cheeses, breads, and croissants to start the day.
Could not fault this hotel and would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed at the Apex Temple Court for just one night. The hotel is very modern and spacious, the rooms have everything you need to make your stay stress free. Our room was lovely and spacious, with a large bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel has a lovely sunny courtyard where my friends and I enjoyed cocktails in the evening sunshine. Breakfast was very nice, with a choice of continental or cooked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great hotel with nice modern rooms and high level of cleanliness. Would stay again.

My only complaint would be lack lustre level of service from the wait staff in the restaurant and bar. A couple of times my friend and I wanted to relax and have a drink in the outdoor bar area and we were virtually ignored on one occasion, while other patrons were served. We of course opted to go elsewhere for the drink and meal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I spent my first week at a more traditional Luxury Hotel but I prefer the modern look and feel of the Apex Temple Court. The staff were helpful. I never saw or heard a maid but my room was always attended to no matter what time I left the room. The complimentary still and sparkling water and cookies each day was welcome. I intend to stay there on my next visit as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've not stayed in many hotels but this ranks amongst one of my best experiences. The staff were incredibly helpful and welcoming. We received a free room upgrade on arrival. The room was absolutely amazing, comfortable, airy, incredibly clean...I must admit I would have been happy to have stayed there for much longer than the 2 nights we stayed for.

My only slight negative was the length of time the room service we ordered took to arrive, but we were short on time anyway, but the food itself was fantastic. And do pay the extra for breakfast if you think you might want it.

Overall a fantastic experience and I will happily stay there again and will thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in that area of London.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Apex Temple Court Hotel? Share your experiences!