“First time and I will return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apex Temple Court Hotel

You added Apex Temple Court Hotel to your Saves list
Apex Temple Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 2 Serjeants' Inn | Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1LL, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Pay Advance - Get 15% OFF
Ranked #31 of 1,060 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Syracuse, New York
“First time and I will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at the Apex Temple Court from early to mid-july on business. This was my first time staying at the hotel. I am in London at this time of year each year. In the past i stayed at the Chancery Court hotel. I found that when it was sold by Marriott, the service issues were more apparent, and after reading trip advisor this year about the remodeling, I learned that the old bar--which was really a great english club like setting was being gutted, the club lounge was not in existence and the gym (which was tiny) was not available.

SO i made up my mind to just do something else. I spent a lot of time looking at trip advisor reviews and websites. APEX TEMPLE COURT just seemed to fit the bill. I sought to make a reservation over the website, but one of the days i needed was not available for the accommodation i requested. I emailed them and immediately was assisted and secured what i needed for that length of stay. I arrived, the front staff was quite good and i had my room (i was an early arrival and had booked the room for the night before). Nespresso machine and milk rather than fake creamer in the little packets earned points with me. As did the refrigerator which accommodated some of the extras i bought from time to time from the stainsbury I also very much appreciated the little special cookie packs each day, they were life savers.

I looked at the pictures that are posted and they seem very true to the accommodations. I had a few 'not knowing" issues--i didn't know that there was a clock in the phone. I would have liked a clock in the room i could see, especially as a jet lagged person! But that just means i will pack mine next time. the front desk was always helpful and cheerful.

I used the gym every day but once, and it was good. I really appreciated that the temperature in there was quite cool. It is really obnoxious to go to a gym in a hotel where you are paying tons of money and have a really unpleasantly warm gym. My only issue was that the lights are motion activated--which is fine if the motion light is above the cardio machine you are working on, it wasn't on the elliptical machines so i would step off to find an activator.
This wouldn't be an issue at all if you are using the screen to watch at show, or i think even use it to link to google, twitter etc. But i always read and that doesn't work without a light. I think that should be easy to adjust.

The location was excellent. I was concerned since chancery court is close to holborn tube. This is a bit farther from the nearest tube stop (Temple) but it was absolutely fine In addition this hotel truly is adjacent to the middle temple inn. As a lawyer whose visit involved some time at the Inner and Middle Temple, this was grand. Across the street is the Royal Courts of Justice. In addition, the location on Fleet street made a good location for almost anything i did--including walking to the British Library and the British Museum.
I love walking and London is the town for it. I walked back from Westminster along embankment, and again if you like to walk this is great.

My room was fine, i could have used more hangars. The bed was quite comfortable. I agree the staff was very pleasant.

I did find the room cleaning times a bit of a challenge, i used the gym in the morning, cleaned up and left, and a couple of times i got back say after 2 and the room hadn't been serviced. In addition, i found a bit of a muddle in the replacement of the toiletries. But i could have spoken about that but didn't

I had club privileges, maybe everyone does, I don't know. But this was a modest but pleasant and work conducive room in which to meet and discuss. I never was in the room for the food service, so i cannot comment on that, but again i noticed that when people wanted the drinks in the area replenished that was done very swiftly.

I had hoped to have a more positive experience in the bar--- nothing wrong but service was rather erratic. One day i wanted to order from the bar menu and they were in the process of changing the menu. There were some confusions etc, but the manager of the operation came over when i asked to speak and was most gracious and made no excuses, the charges were removed from my room.

I had a room facing the courtyard, in fact i noticed it in the pictures taken by other customers.
It was fine but noisier as people having had weeks of rain and cold got a wonderful shot of lovely weather the entire time i was there. There was a wedding group there on friday night, which was loud for someone on the courtyard (the windows weren't open) and the reception itself took place there the next day---i had to be in the room to work, so i looked out on the group.

As a result i wonder if there isn't a quieter room with still a window or two that faces something other than the courtyard. And might be better for some people.

I do think they are going to continue to work on the staffing for serving in the bar, i don't mean new staff but somehow find a way to pace or the like.

I am now a convert to this hotel. And yes i am pretty sure the WIFI is free. I look forward to my next long visit to London, to the Inns of Court, to Fleet Street, and to Apex Temple Court Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Greek first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying again at this superb hotel during several weeks so far this year and have seen that the standard of service has improved even from the very high standard set when the hotel opened in March 2012.
The quality of the rooms is excellent and housekeeping is to a very high standard; the food is quite superb and the staff, as ever, efficient and friendly, whether in the bar, restaurant, room service or at reception.
This is a hotel where you can rely on standards being of the highest order with service being delivered in a very friendly manner. A very relaxing stay whether for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the first floor if possible, where sometimes noise from deliveries is noticeable. Gene...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent one night at this amazing hotel after attending a concert at Somerset House. The location was perfect with only a 10 minute walk to the venue and about 15 minute walk to Covent Garden. The staff were welcoming, personable and extremely helpful. The room itself, I stayed in the City double room, was stylish, well equipped and comfortable. I only wish I'd stayed for longer! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Again this hidden gem of a hotel has proved itself of being our favourite in london! No criticism at all apart from the tea at breakfast maybe being very weak! Came with hard to please friends who also said they would book again-the large, sparkling clean, trendy rooms, friendly staff and excellent service puts it well above others we`ve stayed in and a special thanks to the two concierges in kilts who tried to make us Scots feel at home by wearing them-have already booked again for October-canna wait!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Rijswijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

perfect to visit London - staff was friendly and helpful, room was very big for London ...only small point: I bought via concierge a bus ticket valued around 20- and was charged 30- ... I would expect the service to be included in the price of my stay (over 800).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Port Fairy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Arriving in London from Australia, we were pleasantly surprised to find the Apex Temple Court Hotel just a short walk from the Holburn station. No need to mess about with taxis or other transport.
Positioned in the heart of London's busy legal precinct, the hotel was the perfect base from which to explore the city's key attractions. A comfortable walk to Trafalgar Square, London Bridge and the Tower of London, the hotel was also a mere stone's throw from the historically amazing Temple Church (seriously worth a visit).
Despite being in the thick of the action, the room was quiet and comfortable. And after such a long flight, the fluffy pillows and soft bed felt like heaven!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay (5-9July'13) with Apex Temple court. The staff were very attentive from the moment we arrived - even presenting us with a card and some chocolates - as it was a special occassion that took us to London. Rooms are very well laid out, very clean, nice toiletries, large bathroom with shower and bath all in all couldn't fault.

We were on continental breakfast rate so it was enough but cooked breakfasts looked very good. During our stay there were three wedding parties which meant it was busy at breakfast, so had to queue, which though a bit of a pain, didnt matter to us as we were in no rush and they did put posters up mentioning how busy it was and to get up slightly earlier for breakfast. Would definitely come again or might try the third of the Apex hotel's to cover all three!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Apex Temple Court Hotel? Share your experiences!