“Great in some ways, poor in others” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Apex Temple Court Hotel

You added Apex Temple Court Hotel to your Saves list
Apex Temple Court Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 2 Serjeants' Inn | Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1LL, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Deal:Save up to 30%
Ranked #24 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great in some ways, poor in others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great location, well-equipped and pleasant rooms (though a little small), but standard of service highly variable. Staff abrupt on room service line, food quality pretty poor (though prices are relatively low), and standard of service just generally some way below what you would expect at this price point.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Karl M, General Manager at Apex Temple Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of about your recent stay. Whilst I am pleased to note that you found our location, rooms and facilities to be of a high standard, I am most concerned that on this occasion our standard of service did not match our product.

Overall the hotel receives many positive reviews regarding our personal, friendly and professional service and I believe that your experience was not atypical of that which many previous guests have enjoyed. Please accept for sincere apologies for this and rest assured that I shall be following up your comments with my team.

Kind regards

Karl Mitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Oxford UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a weekend break in London and the hotel was exactly what we needed. It was great to have a bit of luxury as a treat at a very affordable price. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

the hotel is located very well for St Pauls and for Covent Garden. Staff are very helpful and friendly I would recommend this hotel for any age group. Breakfast is very good. Hotel bar is friendly and very inexpensive for a hotel bar. Give it a try.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is stylish, funky, in an excellent location. The staff ar amazing, nothing is to much. The food is top class, breakfast was worth going to the restaraunt for. The bedrooms were very clean and comfortable with all mod cons, Ipod docking station etc. The bathrooms had seperate showers from baths and again spotless. The bar area is great and the prices are reasonable. Will stay again

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed twice over two weeks.
Liked the hotel, the rooms and convenient for the activities we had (within walking distance). Not many restaurants close are open at night, but the hotel restaurant had a very good Fish & Chips one night.
I like the smart rooms, kettle and tea/coffee in the room.
Hotel, rooms are modern - I like it and will come back - but at high occupancy this hotel is not low cost.

Room Tip: Early morning renovation in street may wake you up early.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel was excellent in terms of location, service and quality of the rooms, however the quality of the food was as poor as any hotel I have stayed in. I had room service on the first night I arrived and the standard and presentation of the food was so poor that I ended up eating elsewhere for the remainder of the stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which allows me and my team to monitor the service we provide. I am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel in terms of location, service and bedroom quality.

We receive many positive comments with regards to our food quality as we are genuinely committed to providing the very highest standard of cuisine. I will contact you via email to address this specific point you have raised and would like to apologise for the shortfall experienced in our room service standard on this occasion.

Kind Regards

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Sorry guys,
but once more the rooms are much too cold, the air conditioning once againg working poor, ...

In case that there would be an alternative from a distance to office perspective, I would not stay in this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to provide a review from your recent stay. Whilst I am truly sorry to read your comments that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion, I would like to reassure you the we are in the process of resolving this issue. As a regular guest of our hotel you will hopefully have seen our passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed guest expectations on all levels. I have noted that you are staying with us again in May and look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your business and valuable feedback.

Kind Regards

Karl Mitchell

Been to Apex Temple Court Hotel? Share your experiences!