“lovely mexican food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2,270 of 17,039 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wahaca out East, bringing our award winning Mexican street food to Europe's largest marketplace, Westfield Stratford City. With outdoor seating and great views of the Olympic stadium, Wahaca Stratford offers both busy shoppers and sports fans a welcome refuge that is affordable, delicious and swift in service.
“lovely mexican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

always love mexian food, and wahaca consistently shows that they are one of the best mexican chains out there!

Visited October 2013

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Margaritas, Burritos and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Such a great visit to Wahaca at the Olmpic Park shopping Centre in Stratford. We had a great welcome from the girl at the door and this followed by excellent recommendations from the waiter for their homemade Guacamole! I loved their Classic Margarita. My friends had street food which they shared, i had the steak burrito, which for less than £7 was exceptional value for money. Who would have thought a Thursday night could be so much fun! Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Awful Service and food was substandard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited Wahaca a few weeks ago with a friend. I had been raving about the place having eaten at the one in Soho before. Unfortunately we did not have a good experience. The service was poor from start to finish. I think our waiter either finished her shift or went on a break as the waiter who took over her section didn't have a clue what was going on and spent more time talking to the door host then looking after us. I had ordered a second dish and as I was facing the pass I could see it sitting there. I had to call the waiter to lift my food as I had been waiting on it maybe for 10 minutes, when it arrived it was as I had expected cold and tough. Although I will return to Wahaca I think both myself and my friend will give the Stratford branch a miss.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ireland
“Good food, good service, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went recently with some friends. The food was excellent, service was great. It was my friend's birthday and they gave us dessert on the house because of this.
I thought it was very well priced considering how good the food is. I will be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Were in London for the day in Camden Lock and picked Wahaca when we decided to have a Mexican meal. Wahaca was top of the Mexican restaurants, but I've been caught out before with great reviews on Tripadvisor!!!!
Its very near the middle of Covent Garden and when I phoned the message said that they don't take bookings, which I thought was unusual. On getting there it was very busy as it was a Friday evening. We were told it would be about 30 mins to wait for a table, but having sat down in the bar area and ordered some drinks we had a table within about 10 mins. It has a buzzing atmosphere and isn't a quiet place but it's not too noisy.
We were recommended by the waiter to try the Street meals, which is basically a Mexican Tapas and told that 2-3 dishes per person was about right. This was great advice as we chose 10 different dishes between the 4 of us.
The food was excellent. Really tasty, freshly cooked and quick to arrive. The waiter was very good, being attentive but not intrusive.
I've eaten at lots of Mexican restaurants over the years and love the food. This was the best I've had and has prompted me to put my first review on here!!!
Can't recommend it enough. Will go back when we are next in London.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere