“Nothing to rave about...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Bratwurst - CLOSED

The Bratwurst
38 Berwick Street, London W1F 8RT, England (Soho)
020 7434 0047
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Not all sausages are created equal, and ours are the best of the best. Our Bratwurst Sausages are made from a secret recipe developed through the ages and handed down to our award winning butcher.
Reading,UK
“Nothing to rave about...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Popped in here on a trip to London.The Currywurst was ok,only used a small bratwurst so only about 8 little slices,so not worth the money,sauce was luke warm,bratwurst was cold as was the chips(which we both left)and the mayo was not in my opinion a german mayo just some cheap english mayo.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Surrey
“Not worth the effort.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We travelled to this area of London (on a day trip) to eat here. I used to live in Germany and the idea of quality german sausages with "chips" sounded pleasing.
How we managed to be served and sit without being spoken to is amazing.
We were uncertain of what we actually like to order BUT the FRAU behind the counter certainly didn't make a good impression when our 17 year old son found it difficult to decide.
Our wurst with coldish chips were served on a cold skillet making the experience BAD.
I left my chips as they were cold and NOT as expected.
There is a Crepe House opposite and with hindsight ?
I would not recommend this at all.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great schnitzel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch before going to the theatre, and we were amazed at the quality of the food. We both had the schnitzel; a large slab of delicious pork in breadcrumbs, with chips and the Hunter (mushroom based) sauce. For only £6.95, and really delicious. Plus they accept the Tastecard, so we ate 2 for 1!

Would highly recommend this place.

Visited January 2013
belfast
“Sausage heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Right on the edge of Soho, we found a taste of Munich. Delicious currywurst to warm us on a cold winters day. Great value portion of sausage and chips.

Visited December 2012
London
“Great little lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a wonderful lunch place that I found which is just of oxford St. As the name suggests they specialise in German food specifically bratwurst sausages. I have been here dozens and dozens of times, each time I go for the double currywurst with chips on the side. They are always generous with their sauces and side portions. the chips are actually really nice as well.

An added reason to go here is that they do the taste card which gets you and your mates 50% off!!!!

I have brought two German mates here when they were in town and they loved it too. If your looking for a nice place for lunch and are sick of pret/ eat and the usual spots then head over to the Bratwurst. They also have good seating areas in door and out.

AMAZING