“St E'xcellent'rmins” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Westminster)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“St E'xcellent'rmins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is fantastic, beautiful building, decor. I found it had a nice homely feel. The staff were fantastic and plentiful. You really need to give this hotel a try, I will certainly be returning. As a Travel Agent this hotel was faultess. They even have their own Bee hotel on the balcony on the 3rd Floor which is - to me - a unique selling point. If they can care this much about the environment you can guess how the guests are treated. This to me is 5 star all the way. You guys will not be disappointed.

St James Park is the Tube station which takes you through to Victoria and then into town. It is within walking distance. We walked from Marble Arch right past Buckingham Palace through a leafy street next to the Park. Buses are regular as are tubes. St James Park Tube is a 5 minutes walk from the hotel with easy access to Westminster, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. I didn't get chance to eat in the fabulous looking restaurant.

The Balcony on the 1st Floor is fabulous too especially in the summer if you would like a cheeky wine or cocktail.

A wedding was taking place when I was there and the bride looked stunning having pictures taken in the lush leafy surround at the front of the hotel.

Winston Churchill also held a historic meeting here in 1940. It was here in the Caxton Bar that one of the infamous 'Cambridge Five' handed over secret paper to his Russian Counterpart.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd Floor along the corridor from the Bee n Bee hotel. It was a very quiet room cons...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After a seven hour flight from Dubai, spending time at St. Ermins Hotel in the heart of London was a real treat. Not only is the décor rich and elegant the location enables you to walk and reach sights such as: the Big Ben, Number 10 Downing Street and the London Eye within minutes. Even though this gem of a hotel is tucked away and quiet, it is centrally located and within walking distance to the theatre and art galleries.
The breakfast was fit for a king and the endless buffet included delights such as: salmon, light fluffy omelettes and an array of fresh breads. Second helpings were welcomed and your first meal of the day definitely gave you the energy to go forth and savour the sights of London.
Full marks go for location, comfort, food and elegance!

Janet B

• Stayed July 2014
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hi Janet,
Thank you so much for writing your very lovely review.
It makes me really happy to read that you loved all aspects of your stay and found that the St. Ermin’s Hotel is in an ideal location.
I see you found our breakfast a great way to start your day of sightseeing. We do receive many comments about how wonderful our selection of breakfast items, so it’s great you thought so too. Glad you tried the salmon and omelettes which are made to order.
We would love to welcome you back again when you are next in London.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at the St Ermin's for one night for my friend's birthday. We originally booked a twin room at a cost of £315. I called the hotel a few days before we were due to arrive to explain it was my friend’s birthday and to ask if there was anything they could do. I spoke to the duty manager who was very helpful and kindly agreed to upgrade us to a junior suite. He also said that the hotel would provide a complementary cake and water in the room.

We were very impressed with the room - it was lovely and spacious with a bedroom with king-size bed and a separate lounge area with sofa bed. The bathroom was clean and modern with an amazing shower and white company toiletries. Unfortunately though there was no sign of the cake that was promised, so I had to go to reception to ask for it. It was sent up about an hour later, which meant we had to hang around in the room waiting. I had expected it to be in the room when we arrived as I had told the hotel what time we would be there, so it kind of ruined the surprise.

We left the hotel in the evening to see a show and returned at around 11pm. When we got to our room we found that the sofa bed had not been made up and there was no bedding or pillows to make it up ourselves. Therefore I didn't have a bed to sleep in. I went down to reception to complain and was told that someone would be sent up to make up the bed. Eventually the night porter came up and made the bed. He did his best but it obviously wasn't his job. Again, we were just a little disappointed as it meant we couldn't relax in our room when we got to back, instead having to wait for someone to come up and make the bed before we could go to sleep.

Overall we did think it was a lovely hotel. All the staff were polite and friendly, the room was large, clean and modern, the hotel reception was welcoming and you were immediately greeted when arriving. We also loved the decor of the hotel; it's different to any other hotel I have stayed in. The bar area was really nice with various different sofas, armchairs etc. We had a couple of drinks in the bar and the service was excellent. The location of the hotel is also great, really close to Buckingham Palace and the Apollo Victoria theatre. It was just a shame that a couple of miscommunication issues affected our stay, especially as it was a special occasion.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Anaheim Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed two nights on a big weekend. They had a comfortable room and great staff that were really friendly and helpful. They actually upgraded me the second night because they were thoughtful enough to realize a wedding reception was right beneath me and offered to move me in advance. Quite a lovely hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Todd,
I was delighted to read your review which you posted following your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you found my team both friendly and welcoming. This is something that is really important to us as like all of our guests to feel relaxed and at home.
I was over the moon to see that my management team moved you to another room due to a wedding reception being below your first room on one of the nights you stayed. I am very proud of them all and pleased that you enjoyed your night’s sleep.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back when you next visit London from the USA.
Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

St Ermin's is a wonderful hotel! We just returned after a 5 night stay. The hotel location is great as you are only a 10 minute walk to major sites including Buckingham Palace. The hotel staff are very knowledgeable and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The hotel is immaculate and the lobby is amazing. Our room included a continental breakfast which consisted of juices, meats and rolls. The area around the hotel is safe as Scotland Yard is across the street. There are also grocery stores near if needed. The London Tube St James stop is also only a short walk away. On the 3rd floor they have a bee observatory which is very interesting. The Caxton Grill at the hotel is superb! Stay here and relax!

Room Tip: Rooms are small. However this is typical of European hotels. Upgrade to a suite if you want more roo...
Hi There,
Why, thank you for giving your review such a lovely heading.
It makes me happy to read that you found my team so knowledgeable and welcoming. We love our guests to feel part of the St. Ermin’s family and I know they would have been only too pleased to help with any information you required during your 5 night stay.
I see you had Continental breakfast included in your room rate, which gave you the chance to sample our wide selection of items to choose from. Glad you liked it.
We receive many comments regarding our location and how we are so close to a lot of the main London attractions. With the tube station only being a short walk it is easy to venture in to other areas such as Covent Garden, Oxford Street and the City of London itself.
I am so happy that you decided to eat in our Caxton Grill. We have a very talented head chef who creates lovely dishes for our menu and I am pleased you enjoyed it.
If ever you return to London from Illinois please do come and stay with us again. We would love to see you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

St Ermin's is the perfect hotel for a family stay in London. As a family of five it is often hard to find a quality hotel which can comfortably accommodate five in one room (2 of the kids are teenagers!) but St Ermin's have great family rooms with 2 queen beds and a single day bed. The room had plenty of space for luggage and the best thing of all was the two bathrooms! The staff were also some of the most friendly and helpful of any hotel I've stayed in, nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is also excellent. Less than a minutes walk to a tube station or a comfortable stroll to Big Ben, London Dungeons, Millennium Wheel etc.
I think the hotel would also be a gorgeous place for a romantic weekend. The building is beautiful and the reception area is stunning. The restaurant was also fantastic with amazing food.
I really can't find anything negative to say about our stay, we all had a great time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hi There,
It was truly lovely to read your review following your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you and your family were able to book one of our beautiful family rooms which I agree are a bonus especially with the two bathrooms. We also get friends that wish to share take these due to the additional room and amenities.
I see you made the most of our location due to many of the main attractions being on our doorstep.
It’s great to read that you found the food in the Caxton Grill just amazing. We do have a very talented team working here and there are new creations all the time.
It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back whenever you are next in London.
Broussard, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

St. Ermin's Hotel is a very upscale London hotel located about 5 minutes from Buckingham Palace. The check-in process is very quick and the rooms are nice. I'm just realizing this is a Marriott property so I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't advised of this during check-in. Breakfast is included with the room and is your standard buffet style. You are greeted and seated very quickly. The overall staff are friendly and helpful. My room faced New Scotland Yard but you could probably get a better view of the city from another room. I left some souvenirs in the night stand but e-mailed the staff and they are going to mail them to me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Terry,
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at St. Ermin’s Hotel.
I was surprised to read that you were not notified that we as an Autograph property are part of the Marriott group as we usually offer guests the chance to sign up to the rewards programme. I will certainly speak to my front of house team as I would have expected them to.
It’s great that you had our Continental style breakfast and felt that my team Caxton team greeted and seated you in a very timely manner. Hope you enjoyed our great selection of pastries, bread, cheese, cold meats and many other items.
We do not have any city view rooms. All of our rooms at St. Ermin’s have one of the following views, back of the hotel, Scotland Yard or looking in to our most beautiful courtyard garden.
I am delighted that my housekeeping team have been able to locate your souvenirs that you left and are mailing them to you.
Please do visit us again when you are next in London.
Douglas McHugh

Been to St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!