“Loved it before we entered the building” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #58 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Loved it before we entered the building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room at the last minute as at a party in town. On arrival you are greeted by a magical looking building with a warm glow from the lights outside. We checked in with extremely pleasant and welcoming staff, to be told we had been upgraded for our stay. We were asked if we needed any assistance or services before we left the check in desk. The suite was amazing, it smelt devine and all the amenities arel from the white company. We had from service for both dinner and breakfast which was served on a table in our room. Finishing touches fill your stay from I pod docking stations to chocolate bees on the turn down service.
In all a totally enjoyable experience which we look forward to having again. I think I've found my new home in London

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your very lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you liked our very beautiful courtyard. It is especially lovely this time of year with the Christmas trees and lights in place, it does make it look magical.

Glad we could upgrade your room to a Suite and that you loved it so much you wanted to have room service for both dinner and breakfast which I see you very much enjoyed. Housekeeping work hard to ensure that our rooms and suites smell really fresh and fragrant and I am glad you thought so too.

I am overjoyed that you feel that you have found your new home in London. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I very much look forward to welcoming you back and to making you feel at home once more.

Warm Regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

A 15 minute local phone call from the hotel costs me 100 pound. Service was average.

Way too many busybodies in the lobby with a British accent but not really helpful. Overall not a business class hotel.

They gave me a handicap room without asking me which made the whole experience of using the bathroom weird

The buffet is average and expensive for its quality. I don't mind paying 25 pounds for a buffet as long as they have a good choice

The location is not good for a business visitor to have a drink or dinner no happening places in the neighborhood. Unless your idea of happening is gawking at the queen.

Overall avoid this very pricy low quality touristy place. Heard it's now a marriott franchise and will surely be apt...

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Mr John,

Following the receipt of your email sent to myself, General Manager I replied advising that although I could see a number of calls were made I have given a substantial discount to you to rectify your ill feeling.

All charges are communicated to each guest by way of our hotel directory which is on the desk in all rooms. This clearly indicates the charges that will be made depending on where and who you are calling. These charged are all in line with other London hotels in the same category as St. Ermin's.

I am very surprised and disappointed that you felt it necessary to communicate this worldwide even though I had dealt with this on the same day as receiving your email, which I believe would have provided you with a satisfactory resolution.

Regards
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

St Ermins is a little gem in the heart of London.It is close to many attractions and only a minute away from the nearest underground station St.James which makes it easily accessible from airports,main train stations and bus terminals.Access to other sights is also easy and as a result it is ideal for short or long term visits to London.My wife,8 year old son and I stayed for just 2 nights early November and arrived late on a Friday night check in was quick and straightforward and my son was thrilled to be given a large envelope marked top secret,a really nice touch. The room was spacious and with 2 large double beds more than adequate for our group.The beds were comfortable and a good nights sleep was assured,and that's from someone who prefers to sleep on a futon and doesn't usually sleep well in a bed.It was my wife's first trip to London and thanks to St.Ermins her first impression was really a good one.The bathroom was large and spotlessly clean,simple things like good quality towels and plenty of them gave a really homely feel.Two robes were provided and these were comfortable and pleasant to wear.Only downside would be that a mid size robe could be provided suitable for children when it is known that a family with children will be staying,just an idea! If you do not wish to eat at the hotel there is plenty of choice within a few minutes walk.The staff are truly friendly and helpful,naturally so and not false as comes across in other places.The rooms are truly quiet and noise from inside or outside is not a problem. In summing up I would 100% recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again.Thanks!

Dear Ritchie,
It was our pleasure to provide your son with his spy package on arrival and I hope he enjoyed this. It makes children feel very special to have something give to them also.
I hope you managed to take him to see our bees on the third floor, if not you must next time you stay. They are interesting to watch and all of our honey in the hotel is made by them.
I am really happy that you liked your room and that you found your bed comfortable. We do provide luxury amenities in our bathrooms, so pleased you enjoyed them.
I will pass on your lovely comments to my team as they will be really happy to know that you thought them very friendly and helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the St. Ermin’s Hotel again and it was our pleasure having you stay.
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Surprisingly large and very clean hotel room with complementary continental breakfast with many European choices to satisfy the palate. Located next to the St. James Park tube station which is convenient to multiple downtown locations. Plan to stay here in the future for business travel to London.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room spacious and up to standards as far as cleanliness is concerned. My housekeeping team work hard to keep everything spotless for our guests.
I see you had breakfast during your stay and found our great Continental selection to your liking. We do receive many comments about this so pleased you enjoyed it.
It was our pleasure to have you stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was, by far, one of the most pleasurable hotel properties we have visited. We are Marriott platinum members and have stayed in many Marriott and Autograph Collection hotels. Certainly one of the best! Stunning lobby, lounge and bar areas were comfortable - a very warm feel to this hotel and outstanding service. A special thank you to Concierge group - so kind to my father on his first trip to London. I enjoyed this Westminster area - steps away from the Underground, restaurants and pubs.

Dear Jennifer,
It is really lovely to read that you found the St. Ermin’s to be one of your most pleasurable hotels you have stayed in.
We are very proud of our lobby, lounge and bar areas which are great to relax in after a day out sightseeing, so thank you for commenting on these.
I will pass on your thank you to my Concierge team as they will be pleased to hear that you found them very friendly and welcoming. They are a great and knowledgeable team to work with.
I do hope you will return to the St. Ermin’s for another stay and it was our pleasure looking after you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

we loved it, stayed here with our two young children and it was great. Good room and facilities, amazing location and an amazing breakfast included in the rate. Not sure what the value for money is as I burned some points for this stay. Will certainly book it again.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with your family and that you thought your room and our facilities amazing.
We do receive a lot of nice comments about our breakfast as we have a very wide selection of Continental items to choose from as well as offering our Full English breakfast. I am pleased you enjoyed yours which you have included in your rate.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Leigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm writing this why actually in the hotel - I cant believe how lucky we were to find this hotel - Staff amazing - room lovely large walk in shower - was concerned about the location but its at the side of the tube.

Ate in the restaurant last night the Caxton Grill - the chef his Adam Handling who I think should win master chef - so I'd go to eat here because in a few weeks you wont be able to get a table, and by the way his foods amazing.

The waitress in the bar are very polite and efficient even though they are extremely busy.

This hotel will not disappoint and we will be returning

Room Tip: We had the executive king more than adequate