“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Westminster)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #60 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A very smart, traditional and spotlessly clean hotel right in Central London. Our room comfortably accommodated our family of five. The restaurant food and service was exceptional. Service was very attentive, but never intrusive. The doorman even suggested a place to park our car which saved a small fortune. Thumbs up from us!

Stayed November 2013
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Mike,
It’s great to read that you and your family had a great stay with us.
I see you thought that the food in our Caxton Grill was exceptional along with the service my team provided you, which is lovely to hear.
Our aim is to try to make our guests feel at home and relaxed and it seems this worked for you.
Thank you for the thumbs up from all of you and I do hope you will return to stay again sometime in the future.
Warm Regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a great time at St.Ermin's hotel last weekend. The hotel is nice, with a superb location, good breakfast, extremely clean and an absolutely amazing service. The staff is very friendly and helpfull.
It was even better when during the check in, surprisingly i got an upgrade from a standard room to a junior suite, which was great.
I definitely recommend St. Ermin's hotel and they got a loyal customer for my next stays in London.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay with us last weekend.
It makes me really happy to read that you thought my team were great and that you really enjoyed your time here.
Glad we could upgrade you to a Suite and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back when you are next in London.
We look forward to seeing you then.
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Location is SUPER. Hotel is very nice with mostly small rooms and some bigger ones but those upgrades.Breakfast is very nice. Service is good.
Its a 4 star deluxe since it has no pool.
Internet is a disaster. Swisscom is the provider and its CRAP.
Prices are high.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am pleased that overall you had a good stay with us.
It is great that you thought our service and breakfast was good and I am pleased that my team looked after you.
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of our holiday. The hotel itself is beautiful, the room small but very nicely done giving a comfortable and welcome feeling. Much nicer room then the Capital hotel where we stayed at the beginning of our break and they are 5*. The staff were very friendly and generally helpful. The hotel loses a point for not keeping their bar open later. Both evenings we arrived back at around midnight and found it near impossible to get a drink to finish our evening. On the first night the bar itself was packed with people and we managed to get a drink from the lady behind the bar but it felt like an imposition. The second night the bar was closed with the curtain drawn. We called for room service but they were unable to provide certain items like draught beer. I find this unusal as all the hotels I have worked in bar service has been provided much much later, by a night porter of necessary. Continental breakfast provided a reasonable selection but we had just returned from eating similar in Italy so my view will be overshadowed by the amazing contintenal we got there. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased to read that you really thought the hotel is beautiful and that your room was comfortable and to your liking.
Glad to hear that my team were very friendly and helpful. I do work closely with them so that guests feel welcome and relaxed during their stay.
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the Caxton Bar which I will discuss with my Food & Beverage Manager. Our usual closing time is midnight, however if the demand for the bar to stay open is there we will generally keep it open later and sorry that this did not work for you on this occasion.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next in London.
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We booked in for three nights recently and on arrival were shown to a very small dark room on the 6th floor. This was not acceptable but the staff dealt with our complaints quickly and efficiently and we were moved to a nice room overlooking the courtyard, a room I feel we should have been given in the first place, as we were there for 3 nights. Breakfasts were busy but good and the staff were very helpful in all areas, they have been well trained and it shows. This Hotel caters for lots of conference delegates but all seems to run smoothly. Staff were very helpful getting us taxis and were chatty and pleasant. Good location as it's a short walk to Westminster and other central areas so would recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard
Dear Jennifer,
I am pleased to read that we were able to move you to another room which was more to your liking and that you liked the view over our beautiful courtyard.
Glad you liked breakfast and that all of my team were helpful to you during your stay.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope we can welcome you back again when you next return to London.
Seoul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had stayed here 3 night with my 8 years old son. (Double-double bed room)

The best one is nice location, park, tube station, bus stop and key places for sightseeing are very near (in walking distance even though with young kid). And the area looks very neat and safe with some bakery shop and grocery in a few meters from hotel entrance.

Another good fact was the quiet. This was not small hotel (more than 300 rooms), but I could not see any group traveler (It could be due to low season), hardly disturbed by any noise in daytime or night time.
Room condition is also good, even though building itself is very old one, but very well renovated and everything in the room and other space in hotel are clean and shiny. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was also convenient.
It was little pricy, but considering the location and the condition of this hotel, it was acceptable.
Breakfast was not bad not great, and the staffs were kind and helpful.

Only one bad thing was the view. The first room I had stayed with no bath tub, the view was miserable. When you open the window shade, there was many office’s window facing you, very very near, it was almost possible you to read the paper on the desk in the office. The distance between windows was for shaking hands.
The Second room I had moved (not due to the view, it was due to bath tub which my son need) had better view, hotel’s other side wall and window with a few meters (the distance possible to say hello with other room’s guest, much better than ‘shake hands’)
In day time we did not stay at room, and after 4 pm outside became dark, thus the view was not big deal for us, but if you care about that, specially request to the hotel or think again.

Anyway if I visit again London, I hope stay again.

Room Tip: if you care about view from the room, please consider deeply.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am pleased to read that you liked the way the hotel has been renovated as we worked hard to keep it’s charm, but make the rooms more modern in style.
Glad you thought that your room was very clean and that you found the bed very comfortable.
I have noted your comments about the view from some of the rooms and as with most central London hotels the view will generally be of other buildings unless built over the parks and then sometimes they overlook office buildings or apartment blocks.
It is lovely to read that overall you had a good stay and that you will stay with us again if visiting London.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A friend and I had a delightful stay at St. Ermin's September 27-30. We were met at the door by the Front Office Manager, Frederick, who is the perfect combination of cheerful cordiality and smooth expertise. During 31 plus years of business travel, my experience with FOM's in the US has been that they too rarely even surface at the Front Desk! On learning that I'm a Lifetime Platinum Elite Marriott member, he arranged lovely upgraded accommodations for us at no cost.
Later we met Soyous, the Assistant Front Office Manager, who was also enthusiastic, helpful, and adept.
After our arrival, Munir, a longtime and valued employee, immediately made us comfortable in the Lounge, swiftly served us tea, and made certain I had a decaffeinated variety, as requested.
George, the Food and Beverage Manager, was energetic and efficient, and we saw that consistently reflected in his staff.
The food here is delicious, especially the generous breakfast buffet.
We were very impressed with the outstanding Concierges, Gary and Juan, who each provided us with superb service time after time.
We met the Chef Concierge, Lee Woods, during checkout, which was a pleasure. All three of these gentlemen are members of Les Clef's d'Or, the finest, most prestigious organization for this profession in the world.
Phillip, Anthony, Ben, and Frank were readily available in the Lobby and smilingly, skillfully handled whatever our practical needs were as they arose.
We also appreciated St. Ermin's intrepid doormen, Stelios, Stephen, and Patrick. They are exceptional, and took wonderful, happy care of us.
This property, in every area, is overflowing with talented, versatile, deeply committed, and scrupulously trained professionals who obviously love what they do.
The physical facility of St. Ermin's is beautiful, comfortable, and in super shape.
But it's the staff there who bring it alive.
For us, hotel employees are always the most important part of any visit and we enjoy getting to know them.
This is our first stay at St. Ermin's, but it will not be our last. We're already looking forward to returning to this very special place full of very special people. It's delightful, the best.

Room Tip: Sweetly request a complimentary upgrade. The staff here work hard to make guests happy. You can ask...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your very wonderful review I am overwhelmed with joy at your comments.
I am so very delighted that my whole team looked after you so well and that you felt very special. I am very proud of all of them as they do work very hard to make guests feel welcome and at ease during their stay.
I am glad you liked the food in the Caxton Grill and found breakfast very generous.
It was our pleasure upgrading you on arrival as a Marriott Platinum Elite member this is a benefit for you loyalty to Marriott. I am glad you liked the room we provided.
I will ensure that all of the team members mentioned in your review see your comments as it will make them really happy to read that you were delighted with how they looked after you from the time you arrive to the time you left.
We very much look forward to welcoming on your return visit to the property.
Warm Regards
Douglas McHugh

Been to St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!