“Beautiful property & good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #37 of 1,075 hotels in London
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Beautiful property & good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel in August for 4 nights. We enjoyed everything about our stay. We booked a family room as our kids are 16 & 22. After a glitch with our room at check-in we were offered an upgrade. The bed was very comfy. It was nice that there were US outlets to charge our phones. Wifi was good too. Breakfast was tasty and we did not wait long to be seated. We did notice the restaurant was empty the day we had to leave early for a day trip. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great... close to Westminster, Parliament, Big Ben. We felt safe just across the street from Scotland Yard!
The hotel is very clean and decorated nicely. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is great to read that we were able to offer you an upgraded room upon check in and that you found this very much to your liking. All of our rooms have the electric sockets that suit all plugs which we find helps many people during their stay especially if they have forgotten a converter.
I am glad you like breakfast, found my team friendly and helpful as well as liking the hotel décor.
I would be my pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

2,860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

St. Ermin's, London, has it all! This hotel is in a wonderful location....nearby tube station, easy walking distance to London's major sites and being just across from New Scotland Yard, it couldn't be safer. The rooms are well appointed and ultra clean. The staff is really excellent. Concierge, Juan Bayer, especially does a fabulous job. I would most certainly stay there again and will recommend it to all my friends!

Room Tip: Rooms with a couch are more spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found my team very helpful.
It is great to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel was excellent. The rooms are small, but clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the Abbey and less than 10 minutes to Buckingham Places and 10 Downing St. It is also about 10 minute brisk walk to Victoria Station, Trafalgar Square or the London Eye. The Tube Station is about 3 minutes. The hotel is situated on a quiet street adjacent to the new Scotland Yard. There are a number of eateries in the area. The staff was excellent. The Caxton Grill food was outstanding. This hotel feels like a five star hotel, but has a three star price. My room was on the side with a service alley, so it was a bit noisy late night sometimes with service trucks (not too bad though). All in all, it was a great experience. I will likely stay here again when I return to London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
It is really heart warming to read your review and I am so very pleased that you had a great experience with us.
I see you ate in the Caxton Grill had found the food outstanding. I will pass your comment on to your Chef’s as it is always nice for them to hear this too.
I work closely with my team to ensure that they provide a warm and friendly service to all guests and it is great to see that you thought they were all excellent.
I hope you managed to see all of the main attractions you mentioned in your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm Regards
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference (at the same hotel).

Overall, I had a great experience. The hotel itself looks amazing, clearly a building that is full of history but yet looks lovely and (very importantly) clean and well looked after. The rooms are admittedly small but the bed was very comfortable and the whole room was well maintained and clean. For a single person, the size was fine, but I suspect anything more than that and the room may start to feel slightly uncomfortable. My only other grouse (other than the size) was the fact that my window looked out onto an airwell, so there was very little natural lighting. I did feel slightly claustrophobic staying in taht room too long, so thankfully i didnt have to.

Service was excellent throughout, from reception staff to concierge to housekeeping. I did notice however that they do take a rather long time to seat guests at breakfast (one can wait up to 10 - 15 minutes just for their turn to get a seat, much less get food), so hopefully management can look into improving the process. Once you get a seat however, the food is delicious.

It is also very close to St James station (less than 2 minutes walk) and right next to New Scotland Yard, so I felt extremely safe the whole time!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay immensely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay at St Ermin’s during a conference you attended recently.
The hotel is most definitely full of history and I am pleased that you found this and that you liked our public areas.
We are quite unique as a hotel as due to the shape of the building all of our rooms are very different shapes and sizes and have very different outlooks. I am sorry that the room you had wasn’t to your liking and hope that if you return you will be able to stay in perhaps one of our courtyard rooms.
I am pleased that you found our service overall excellent throughout the hotel and thank you for your feedback regarding breakfast. It is very welcomed and I will certainly discuss this further with my team to make some improvements.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review it is appreciated.
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location - directly next to a Tube station (District line), all Westminster attractions, Buckingham Palance and very safe. The staff is friendly and courteous, the hotel is beautiful, and the rooms are well sized for London. I will absolutely stay here again. The only thing I didn't like was the area was a bit commercial so there were not many places to eat or go out in the evenings. The hotel restaurant was very tasty, however, and made up for it when we needed some immediate food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us.
It really makes me happy to read that my team were both friendly and courteous to you during your time here as I do work closely with them to achieve this atmosphere.
I am glad you liked the hotel , your room was a good size and that you found the food in the Caxton Grill very tasty.
I look forward to welcoming you back again for another stay.
Warm Regards
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I can highly recommend this hotel especially if you want quiet location. If you want to be near bars and night life you should choose another location, for example, Soho or Covent Garden. It was not problem for us because taxi costs only something like 10 pounds. So, we did use taxi every night. I can't say anything negative about this hotel. Room service was quick and very polite. Breakfast was also nice but nothing special. Tube station is located 2 minutes walk from the hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am very happy to hear that you liked our location and that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I hope you will return to the hotel in the future.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Its been a few months since I have stayed at the St Ermins Hotel. But as always it never disappoints. The staff know whether you have the time for a chat or need to get on your way for a meeting, which makes for a friendly and personal stay in fabulous surroundings. Staying in other hotels makes me a appreciate a return to the St Ermins experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
Many thanks for your lovely review.
I am so pleased that my team look after you so well and that you find them friendly and personal.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Douglas McHugh

Been to St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!