“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Westminster)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

A gem. when you pull into the courtyard the hotel feels so grand and inviting. The location is steps from the tube. The decor is gorgeous and the staff was superb. We had stayed in a different part of London for a week and then at the end of our trip when we returned to London we wanted to try a slightly different area and hotel feel. it was very upscale in looks and feel. the concierge went out of their way to secure some theatre tixs by calling the box office for us. It was an excellent choice for our final days abroad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you chose St Ermin’s as your last stop of your trip.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the hotel, my team, especially concierge who are always ready to go that extra mile for you if you need something last minute. I hope you enjoyed the theatre.

Douglas McHugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just returned from spending two nights at St Ermins. Great hotel. Perfect location for all the sights of London. Two minute walk to Westminster Abbey and 5 minutes to Buckingham Palace. Hotel is clean and comfortable with great history and character. The rooms are small compared to American rooms but relatively roomy compared to most European rooms. Great shower and modern, updated bathroom. Had dinner on the second floor balcony. Food is great if a little pricey. Staff is very good and attentive. Will be sure to return to this hotel when I'm in London next time.

Room Tip: Had a standard room. as usual with most European hotel there is absolutely no view from the view bu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is a pleasure to read your lovely review and I am so pleased that you liked your room, bathroom and found all of my team attentive.
It’s great that you could spend some time on our te
rrace and have dinner there. It is truly a great place to sit on a Summer’s evening for drinks and something to eat.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your return to London.

Warm Regards
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Don't panic if you look at the cost, we got a great deal (not from the hotel) and if you can do the same, this hotel is worth it! The location is unbeatable.
Around the corner is a TUBE station, a Starbucks or an EAT store (great breakfast selection here) and it is within easy walking distance of Buckingham Palace, Westminster...most of what you might be looking for in London.
The concierge was very helpful in getting me a car from the airport to get us to the hotel. We opted to take the tube (subway) back to the airport since time was not as critical.

The hotel itself is not standard box hotel with the regular stuff, the entrance is warming with fresh flowers lining the way. The bellmen are courteous and helpful as are the front desk staff. We mailed a postcard from the front deck....just had to pay for the postage and they took care of it for us.

Breakfast was not offered in our rate but they have a restaurant available if you would rather. There are options close by as well. Had a cheese plate one evening in the bar and that was delicious.

We had 3 adults in our party and had a room with a pullout sofa. It was clean but cramped. The beds were very comfortable and there was a desk facing out over the entry as well. Robes for using while you were there and slippers too. A nice touch.

Overall I would say this property was worth what we paid because the location is so great. I am afraid I think the price is way way too high if you do not get a good deal. Still, I would stay again. I have also stayed at The Rubens (right down the road from Buckingham Palace). Both great locations and upscale. Worth looking into if convenience is a must for you.

One word of caution: the tub walls are VERY high. This might pose a difficulty for anyone who has knee trouble or issues with leg strength. You may want to inquire if all rooms have the same tubs.

Room Tip: We had no problem with noise even looking out over the entryway. The lift is small.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is great to hear that you loved our entrance and the fresh flower beds and trees in the courtyard. We take great care of these areas so that they stay fresh all the time.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your room, although we are very unique as all of our rooms are different shapes and sizes. We do have other categories of rooms which may have been a little more spacious for you, but pleased that you found the beds comfortable and that all of our staff were very helpful to you.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

St. Ermin's is a treat for the traveller in every way.....from the moment you're welcomed by the bowler hatted greeter outside the hotel till you leave, the staff treats you like a king. It's centrally located to about every place you'd be interested in seeing, and is just around the corner from a tube stop. If you have any questions, the staff is always available to help you any way they can. The breakfast buffet is top notch too. It has a great bar with comfortable relaxing decor and staffed by consistently friendly bartenders. When we were in the bar a local wedding was taking place, and we had a ball with the more than friendly wedding guests. I'd return to the St. Ermin's next trip to London without hesitation. A wonderful hotel experience....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is really heart warming to read your lovely review. I am pleased my team took great care of you and I will share your review with them all.

I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the ST Ermines in August for 1 night as a couples mini break..

Hotel Location: Fantastic! Literally 2 mins walk from St James Park tube station, so really easy access to the rest of London.

Rooms / Facilities etc: The room was lovely, really light and airy, really well decorated. I love the touches like ipod docking station, PROPER iron and ironing board (not the usual travel iron).. we would probably say the room was on the small side, but it was lovely enough.

I must say the bed was probably the most comfortable bed i've stayed in (other than my own) in a long time.

Sadly, the blind was about 3cm too short for the window which did let light in early in the morning which woke me up (i'm used to a totally blacked out room).

Food & Drinks: We didn’t eat or drink at the hotel so couldn’t comment.

Staff: Great, really helpful and friendly.

Lovely hotel for a break in London.. not really much else to say

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is lovely to hear that you had a really comfortable stay with us and that you found all of the room amenities more than met your expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The St. Ermin's Hotel, steeped in the history of espionage, once was a meeting place of several branches of the UK's military intelligence. A great place for James Bond fans. Its location allows easy access to major destinations and transportation. The approach and the lobby both epitomize elegant beauty. Our room was very comfortable (But see hint below!), and service was excellent. We found the breakfast arrangements very good, not great. The hotel restaurant was good enough, but not a destination eatery. Before I add my next remarks, let me make it clear that in spite of what I will now say, I will return here on my next trip to London. The hotel underwent a major renovation about two years ago. During our last day there, the door fell off the wardrobe, narrowly missing my wife. We were assured that all rooms would be inspected to prevent another similar episode.

Room Tip: Insist on a room that does not have glazed over or obstructed windows! We are not talking about an u...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

I am so pleased that you liked our beautiful lobby and that your room was comfortable.
The St Ermin’s is full of history and I am glad you found this interesting
Thank you for your feedback which I will share with my team and I look forward to welcoming your back on your next trip to London.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here and would definitely return for our next trip to London. Great location; less than 15 min walk to the Thames river, buckingham palace, westminister abbey, London eye, tube stop, st james park etc. Very good continental breakfast, clean rooms and spectacular lobby. Very helpful concierge and all staff made us feel welcome. Looks a little too formal from the photos, but casual works fine.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your very lovely review following your stay with us.

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, your rooms and our beautiful lobby.

I work closely with my team so am glad that you found the both helpful and welcoming. I will pass your comments on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit to London.

Douglas McHugh

Been to St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!