“Highly recommend for afternoon tea - elegant & rather special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #43 of 1,074 hotels in London
“Highly recommend for afternoon tea - elegant & rather special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited the hotel yesterday for afternoon tea with a friend. What a beautiful, elegant hotel with fabulous furniture and soft furnishings - we loved the Christmas decorations and the flower beds in the entrance driveway were really colourful and pretty. The afternoon tea was plentiful and delicious, the staff were very friendly, had great personality and made it clear that nothing was too much trouble for them. We stayed for a couple of hours and we were not rushed. Such was our enjoyment of the afternoon, we went on to have a drink in the bar and had a similarily enjoyable experience - lovely drinks, lovely bar staff. We would highly recommend this hotel and we all plan to visit again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

3,058 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
Bury St Edmunds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for my girlfriends birthday going to watch a show in the evening. from the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and smiling, the hotel was warm and felt cosy. Our room was large with a super comfy bed, slippers, robes, great shower, all in all a great stay. In the lobby we met the duty manager, Soyful, who was a pleasure to chat to, he helped us arrange our taxi and was full of helpful advice.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

For a hotel to balance their sophistication and their ability to welcome and set at ease is really difficult in my experience. St. Ermin's Hotel is both beautiful and welcoming. I felt comfortable and spoiled here! The staff were extremely attentive and efficient. it was basically traditional and elegant but there were some different decorative touches too. The food and breakfast were good. I was a bridesmaid for a friend and the wedding team also seemed fantastic too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Gorgeous exterior. Beautiful lobby. Stylish rooms. In great safe part of town. Close to tube. Super close (walking distance) to famous London monuments. Only complaint is free wi-fi is only available in the lobby.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Thank you to all Tripadvisor reviewers for this recommendation. I just returned from a 4 night stay. As a woman traveling alone I wanted to make sure my hotel was in a good location, safe, with excellent service and above all clean. St. Ermin's exceeded my expectations. I had a Superior Queen overlooking the courtyard (advice I took from reviewers). You could not ask for a better location. No problem with my IPad as there is free service in the lobby. Each morning I would ask the front desk to set it up with password as I am a novice at this sort of thing. Which brings me to the excellent service. Everyone from the doorman to the concierge, Juan, was so helpful. He assisted me with every little request and went well above the call of duty. I don't understand the pettiness of some of the recent reviewers. I think you can tell by reading them that some people can never be happy. I will and have recommended this hotel to friends. When you enter to lobby is like walking into a very magical place decorated with white frosting. I had a nice glass of wine in front of the fireplace after a cold and wet walk to the Palace. My dinner in the cocktail lounge (eating alone sometimes I feel funny in a big restaurant) I felt quite comfortable and could order from the restaurant menu. It was delicious and very reasonable. I will never stay anywhere else in London. I have found the perfect place.
By the way, I took Simply Airport service from Heathrow Airport to my hotel and had them pick me up at the hotel for my departure back home. It is only 25 GBP if you pay cash to the airport and 35 GBP from the airport using a credit card. (There are airport costs, which is why it costs more coming FROM the airport) I found them on Tripadvisor also. P.S. I arrived on an early flight and was able to have early check in at 10:30 AM. It was no problem at all.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the courtyard. I also asked for a shower and tub combination. No problem.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights recently whilst on business and had a very good experience. The staff there could not do enough for you, the room service food was excellent, probably the best I've ever had. Beautiful decor in the lobby etc.

The rooms are quite basic but clean and functional. Walls are a little thin as I discovered when my neighbour came home a little worse for wear and decided to phone all of her friends at 1am!

Good value in my opinion, which is very rare in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ely, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Big thank you to the staff at St Ermin's Hotel for the lovely stay that we had. The hotel is gorgeous, I wanted to go as soon as I saw the photos of the entrance and the lobby! We booked this for our anniversary and I'm so glad we did. We were very kindly given a free upgrade and found prosecco and chocolates waiting for us in our room. The staff were helpful and welcoming, I just wish we'd stayed longer.
The room was clean and warm (I don't know why but I frequently find London hotel rooms to be cold and draughty but maybe it's just me), bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed padding around in the dressing gown and slippers! We'd arranged to have lunch and dinner elsewhere but the menu at the hotel restaurant did look good and I regretted not having afternoon tea - definitely next time...
I'd recommend this hotel if you fancy something a bit special, it's well worth it. Nearest tube stop is just around the corner so no hassle getting around. We'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!