“The most wonderful weekend ever...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection to your Saves list
St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Caxton Street | Westminster, London SW1H 0QW, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #45 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Linkoping, Sweden
“The most wonderful weekend ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I arrived in this lovely luxury hotel on Friday, 6th January and stayed for two nights. I was amazed by the welcoming staff and the friendly atmosphere. After the receptionist completed the check in procedure quickly I was greeted by the duty manager, Nadia who showed me around the hotel. She was very helpful, answered all my questions, and even gave me some guidance on London. The bar is glamorous; it is worth a visit even if you just pop in for a drink. (I recommend St. Ermins’s Temper.:))
Later on I needed the housekeeping service and they were very quick and nice on the phone as well as in person. This is what I call an excellent service.
About the room: It was a newly refurbished room with modern colours and had a stylish bathroom.
The breakfast was delicious, good selection of food.
I do recommend it to everyone, who is looking for quality service and a friendly environment.

Room Tip: (There is no swimming pool...)
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Sir
I was very pleased to hear about your wonderful weekend at St Ermins.Thank you for all your positive feedback. I am very proud of our team who work extremely hard to ensure all visitors at St Ermins receive a warm welcome and an all round good experience of the hotel and our beautiful city.
Thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest regards
Douglas McHugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

As soon as i entered the hotel i was impressed.The rooms are fashionable and welcoming, allowing you to have a comfortable stay. The breakfasts offered were expensive but you can expect that in London. For a good stay i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Only stayed for one night but wish it had been for longer! Such a nice break where you can feel totally anonymous! The breakfast in our room was delicious and all the little touches made it a lovely experience. Great value for money!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for posting your comment on your stay at St Ermins. I am really happy that you had such a lovely night at the hotel and that you were impressed with the little touches we add to the rooms.
We shall look forward to welcoming you again, maybe you will be able to come for longer stay next time?
Best regards
PaolaL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Earlier last year, the hotel went through a complete transformation from the decor to the management. We had a wonderful stay at the St. Ermis.

It's a convenient location in the heart of London city, train is just around the block. The staff is extremely helpful and nice. I left the hotel for few days to go to the countryside and left my hat, when I came back to our newly checked in room, my hat was on the bed side.. that's great service.

Same when we checked in on day 1, they also gave us night treats when we returned - love those fresh plums and a note from the manager Douglas thanking us for coming back. The room is spacious, the bed is comfortable that makes you not want to get out of the bed, the bathrooms are really nice (although they can have been shower doors.. just not my preference). Overall, we had a great experience at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

It is with great pride that I read your review and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations with both our friendliness and our attention to detail regarding service. I completely understand your comment about not wanting to get out of bed because of the comfort of the new mattresses- they truly are incredibly cosy!
I am so pleased that you had a great experience and hope that you will return again very soon,

Kindest regards

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've just enjoyed a 3 night stay in the St Ermin hotel, with my family, which we all enjoyed immensely.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, just around the corner from St James' Park, the tube, Westminster, the West End and the river. It's been recently renovated, and is lovely. The lobby area is impressive and stylish. The rooms, whilst small, are furnished to a high standard and quality. I appreciate the small touches - white company toiletries, extremely comfortable beds, reliable wifi and speedy room service.

One of our party was in a wheelchair, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in making his trip a successful and relatively stress free experience. The hotel itself has good wheelchair access, and his room was well appointed, spacious and easy to navigate. The staff also were very patient and helpful throughout our stay.

Breakfast is a decent buffet with a cooked dish available should you want it. It is a little odd that this isn't factored into the room rate but no biggie. Ditto, having to get a voucher from front desk to access the wifi seems a bit odd for a hotel of this quality, but once you're online it's fine.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor - with a view of the taxi rank (and therefore a view in for them!) Avoid!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam,
Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay here at St Ermin's. I am very pleased that you found the wheelchair access to the hotel stress-free and our rooms to be spacious and well appointed. We are very proud of the professionalism of our staff and were pleased to read that you found them very patient and helpful throughout your stay.
I hope you will return again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was extremely impressed with St Ermin's and thought the value for money was excellent compared to a good number of hotels in London (I've paid a lot more for a lot worse). The bedroom was a decent size and luxurious, the bathroom had a great shower and was well equipped, and the bed was very comfortable. A continental breakfast buffet was included in the price I paid and was very good. Service in the reception and in the restaurant was faultless, with very friendly staff. The location is also excellent, being less than a minute's walk from the tube station and in a very central part of London. Overall a very enjoyable stay, hence the top rating - it's such a nice surprise to find a luxury hotel in London that offers such good value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a great hotel in a surprisingly quiet location. Everything looks newly renovated. We were in the area for a conference. The rooms were small but clean and comfortable. The restaurant was surprisingly good for dinner and lunch. Breakfast was good as well, but I was slightly traumatized by the large bowl of half-rotten apples on my first day of arrival.

Negative aspects:
1) The hotel elevator is small and slow, choose a room on a lower floor and walk the stairs.
2) The hotel was newly renovated and still smelled strongly of chemicals
3) The key card would stop working so I had to go the front desk every day to get a key card
4) They tried to charge us more than we agreed upon for some reason, but that was resolved.
5) Service is generally slow.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to St. Ermin's Hotel - Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!