From the convention center to the hotel is usually a short walk. Construction on the DLR has been going on for years now. You have to walk from the excel center over a makeshift bridge, down some stairs, loop around away from the hotel and then you go through some apartment complexes/backyards/alleyways that are pretty sketchy late at night. I wasn't familiar with the area but a london native said don't walk it alone at night. Naturally I ignored her suggestions and would walk it pretty drunk around 1 am for 4 days straight. I'm 6'3" 220lbs and I was a little nervous walking that route.
The hotel is good (small showers though
The pub has good food,
standard terrible beers (no "real" english beers, just a bunch of carlsberg, budweiswer, strongbow, becks etc..)
and the service there was right on point with English restaurants; terrible by US standards (i.e. working for the tip) but standard for the smug, standoffish, not giving two dumps if you enjoy your $4 beers or not.
All in all, I would stay at the other ibis in front of the convention center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the ExCel Convention Centre, 10 minutes from the O2 and the QEII Park (Olympic Park), the Ibis Styles London ExCel is ideally located for both business and pleasure. Adjacent to the Custom House Stop on the Docklands Light Railway, London's attractions are only a short distance away. With a choice of 305 newly refurbished bedrooms with twin, double and inter-connecting family rooms as well as a choice of apartments; ideal for longer stays. We boast 4 eating options from the newly refurbished breakfast room, to our new coffee shop as well as our traditional 'Pub' rather than a hotel bar. Our new A La Carte Restaurant is open daily from 6pm. The hotel has its own on-site car park (charges apply) as well as a 4 meeting room conference centre, with private dining options available. The hotel is modern, fresh and rates include breakfast and unlimited free Wi-Fi throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ibis Styles London Excel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Custom Hotel London
- Custom House Hotel London
- Ibis Styles London Excel England