“Jamies at Westfield” 5 of 5 stars

0203 535 8063
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamie's Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10,574 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
Downham Market, United Kingdom
“Jamies at Westfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

High standards of food and service ,relaxed atmosphere , definitely can feel the jamie vibe,lovely place to eat with a loved one.

Visited October 2013

England
“Terrible Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Having not tried Jamie's before we figured it was about time. We stumbled upon the restaurant. Great! We thought.

It was terrible. All the food was cold, the pasta over cooked, the portions small and the service slow. The restaurant was super noisy because of the open kitchen.

The manager was very helpful and tried to do whatever she could to help but honestly, we would never return.

Absolutely awful.

Canberra, Australia
“Great food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, so chose this as it was close by.
On first entering we were advised of a waiting time of 20 mins for a table so took up the offer of drinks in the bar.
The bartender was under a bit of stress and got our drinks mixed up but understanding he was very busy we didn't want to make a fuss and carried on waiting for our table. During our wait we made some observations- The waitress covering the tables nearest the bar was miserable and aggressive, literally pushing people out of the way to get to her tables and being visibly annoyed at customers. Despite this, the hostess we dealt with was fine and seated us at the promised time.

We were sitting upstairs near the stairs and our waiter was a young slim Asian guy. He was friendly and explained things well and also came across as very approachable. We ordered a starter of breads that came quickly and was delicious, the perfect size for two to share.

For our main we both chose the rabbit pasta which arrived in a reasonable amount of time. The portion size was good and the food itself was delicious, so much so I will be searching out the recipe. We were both impressed with the quality of the dishes and it's reasonable pricing.

Due to a mix up with our order our server was very apologetic and saw that we had a large discount on our meal without us having to fight for it. We were both really pleased with him and his excellent customer service skills.

Unfortunately for me I don't live in the vicinity of a jamie's Italian branch however I won't hesitate to eat at one again due to the good service and delightful food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Rude waitress, awful food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner and I were meeting up with a friend who we hadn't seen in a while, and with Stratford being a midway point we opted to eat in Jamie's Italian. I've been to one before in the docklands and I remembered it was a good dining experience so went in with high hopes.

I work in hospitality as a host and have done for a while, and have come to know a level of service that I expect from dining establishments. The host explained that the table would be available in 30 mins but was a little awkward and tried to make us stay in their bar - which wasn't really an appetising prospect as restaurant bars aren't normally very good.

On returning the host said our table still wasn't ready. But said no more - leaving us to decide that we would go to the bar and hope she would come to get us. It's a bit awkward when you're not directed in a restaurant as every establishment operates it's own personal procedures. However, my previous thought that the restaurant bar would be awful we're wrong - with a selection of interesting well priced cocktails.

After about 10 mins of sipping our cocktails we were sat next to a window which was quite nice. However, this was unfortunately where anything remotely nice happened for the rest of our meal.

Our waitress had an absolutely awful attitude, when my boyfriend enquired if the burger was from frozen she replied 'it's Jamie Oliver's... Jamie Oliver's! Everything is fresh' but then then burger can only come well done? Fresh meat is safe to cook to whatever the customer requires... Anyway we ordered a Fish and a Meat Plank for starter between the three of us and I ordered the gluten free pasta vongole, my partner ordered the burger and our friend ordered the black angel pasta.

The planks were underwhelming and required bread which my friends had to order. They said the bread was stale and I felt it and it was very dry! So obviously even though it was 'Jamie Oliver's' the bread obviously isn't fresh!

The mains where the biggest insult to my taste buds! My pasta was rather bland and then the clams! Oh my.. They weren't washed and were the sandiest things in the world! They crunched, every single one of them! My friends black pasta didn't have any sauce, and even though it was a seafood dish she likes Parmesan cheese on it.. So she requested some but instead of the waitress saying 'yes of course' she replied with her attitude saying 'for a seafood dish? In Italy that is not done' but did finally bring some...
My boyfriends burger wasn't just well done, it was burnt! The meat was so dry it was ridiculous and he said once again that the bread was stale so the combination of the two made it hard to swallow. He told the waitress and she said 'it is well done' that's not an answer! Learn some bloody manners! Anyway he asked if he could change it for something else and got the salmon which was fine.

Overall I would strongly suggest that you don't go here, there's nothing worth paying for other than the cocktails.

Cork, Ireland
“Poor service with ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in Jamie's Italian at various locations around the UK and have generally enjoyed the experience. The service and quality of the food in this branch was unfortunately poor. I will not be returning to this location again.

Visited October 2013