“Delicious food, very good service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Com Viet

Com Viet
2-4 Garrick Street | Covent Garden, London WC2E 9BH, England (Covent Garden)
+44 20 7497 2779
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Com Viet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,612 of 17,039 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Delicious food, very good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Com Viet is very good value. We enjoyed our first visit so much that we went back four days later. At street level it looks like a run-down little "caff" but downstairs is spacious and comfortable. The staff are courteous, friendly and helpful and the food is excellent. The second time we went, we were five and we built avery satisfying meal around a selection of starters which included Vietnamese spring rolls (the best I have had in my 59 years), charcoaled spare ribs, Vietnamese summer rolls, Banh Xeo, and chili salt and pepper squid. I also highly recommend the shaking chicken and lemongrass chicken. Well worth a visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

On arrival, I was a little disappointed that we hadn't been in able to get into nearby Dishoom. I shouldn't have been. The staff and kitchen were very accomodating, replacing one of the starters in the set menu, the food was delicious and the staff looked after us well without being too overbearing. I would definitely go again.
The only criticism I have was the music and the lighting which makes the place seem more like a Kingsland Road canteen - underselling the quality of the food.

Visited March 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Unhappy customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I could safely say when it comes to restaurants I know when the food is good or not. I do not normally write a review of the restaurants I go to but I think in this case I have to.

For a vietnamese restaurant, the food was not authentic and honest. The portions are minuscule and not very satisfying. When we got the bill, I nearly had a heart attack - nearly £100 for four people! What a joke. The restaurant tried hard and failed to present vietnamese food as gourmet.
Lastly do not trust a skinny waitress who'd say starters are enough for sharing! It was not even enough for one person!! Outrageous! Will never go back there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Comviet R, General Manager at Com Viet, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear: sir/Madam
First of all I would like to say Thankyou for your review. Our team at Comviet taken customers reviews very seriously. I do apologise that you did not enjoy your meal with us at Comviet. If you are reconsidering dine again at Comviet on your next visit we can offer you some discount on your next bill. Once again we are really sorry that you did not have a good experience with us.

Many thanks
Comviet management
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty, good value Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with friends last weekend. Having not eaten Vietnamese food before, I cannot vouch for its authenticity, but I enjoyed every bite. We shared the set menu & were served more than we could finish. The service was efficient & friendly. Book a table in an alcove if you're going with a group & would like a little privacy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stumbled across this small restaurant whilst heading to Covent Garden for supper. And what a find! We hadn't booked but were offered a table if we were willing to wait a few minutes. Food was excellent and the young waiter was helpful as one of the party was coeliac. Small and understated but great value for central London, £100 for 4 , 2 courses and 2 drinks each.

• Visited February 2013