“Authentic and unpretentious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic and unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been here a few times and every time I leave with a desire to jump on the first flight to France.

The place has a laid-back and very authentic French atmosphere, and feels somewhere between an upmarket deli and rustic cafe when you walk in. The deli counter is beautiful and I could easily spend a fortune there on food alone!

The menu is a cheese-lover's dream and staff are extremely knowledgeable and quite happy to make recommendations or even rustle up a bespoke cheese board tailored to your preferences.

Champagne is never going to come cheap so if you're planning on drinking by the bottle, bear in mind that the cheapest is around the £60 mark. They do, however, sell champagne by the glass alongside some lovely and fairly reasonably priced (all things considered) champagne cocktails, so it's not impossible to come here without spending a small fortune.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bedfont
“Yummy cheese and champagne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I went here with a couple of friends today for a pre- ballet lunch. The staff were really friendly and were happy to make recommendations for us. We tried lots of the cheeses- all very good- and had a really lovely bottle of champagne. I'd definitely go back!

“Great setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Birthday weekend and pre booked here for lunch- didn't disappoint. Plenty of food on the platters, champagne isn't cheap by the bottle (cheapest was around £58!) which was a shame as with an evening meal booked was too much- however a couple of glasses were good!

Not a cheap lunch option but a tasty one!

Sale, United Kingdom
“Felt like I was in France!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

oh I loved it here. My friends took me for Saturday lunch and it was wonderful. The place feels quite authentically French - and the hit of 'eau de Fromage' when you walk in adds to that ;-).
The selection of Champagnes is awesome and the staff were so lovely and helpful.
I agree with another review on here that they aren't super speedy but I personally felt that was part of the charm and made it all a lovely relaxed experience. They even provided Gluten Free bread.
We had a bottle of Champers, a couple of the tartine's and a cheese board. It was more than enough between 3 of us for a light lunch.
I am now planning on taking my Mum here as part of her special birthday celebrations next year. I know this is going to become a firm favourite for whenever we are in London.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“Try the afternoon tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

A fantastic concept for a restaurant! We had the afternoon tea of a cheese selection, breads, macaroons, rose biscuits, champagne and tea. All the food was high quality. Service was a little slow and disorganised - we had to wait 30 minutes for our food to arrive and ask several times for more water and tea. However the staff were very knowledgeable about the cheese. Make sure you book as the small restaurant can quickly become full.