“Great Location - super convinient!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City

Save Saved
You added Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10B Chestnut Plaza | Westfield-Stratford City, London E20 1GL, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #33 of 1,069 hotels in London
Mumbai, India
“Great Location - super convinient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spent 8 nights here and I really liked it. For a long stay it is excellent since they have a fully equiped kitchen in the rooms. Really clean and efficient. THe best thing is that the Westfield Mall is right next to the hotel which is open till late so any access to shops and restuarants is there which usually in London is great since things shut here quite quick. Also with both the Picadilly and Central lines connect to Stratford it makes it really accessible to the rest of the city.

Breakfast is great - simple but well stocked and fresh food. Staff is great too. The only downside was the room service which I thought could do with some improvement.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night during London 2012 & I was almost disappointed to leave to go to the cycling ! I would have happily lingered in the breakfast room and looked out across the Olympic Park. Perfectly placed for Westfield Stratford & great transport links to all over London. Room was clean & service great.

• Stayed September 2012
Marburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Basically the place is ok, set in the shopping centre. We stayed one night because of the proximity to London City Airport via DLR. My main critique is the upgrade policy. As a Priority Club Platinum RA I booked a standard studio with points 2 months prior to our visit, based on the positive remarks at trip advisor. When I checked my booking online I saw that it had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite. At that time I was thinking of canceling my reservation because I read the Olympic Park was closed and I was not really out for shopping and other options were also possible for a reasonable price for instance the very decent Hilton Canary Wharf were I would have had guaranteed club access. In the end I opted for the staybridge suites, because I liked the idea of a big suite and a kitchen. When I arrived at the place rather tired out after traveling, the person at the reception said I had been upgraded and that was fine for me. When I got to my room at the end of a mile long corridor I noticed it was a pretty small studio. My girlfriend was happy to have a bed so I did not complain, because it was only for one night. However I still think that it is rather strange to modify the reservation and offer a decent suite and then when you arrive at the place you get some box. This has up till now never happened to me with IHG, I mostly stay in IC Hotels and had very positive experiences in the past. If I had known that I get no or a marginal upgrade I would have chosen another hotel, especially because the place was not as excellent as I had hoped. You could hear the wind outside, bathroom small and boxy no electric kettle, so I had to boil up water for tea in a pan... Honestly after my experience I would not come back and am currently thinking of canceling my upcoming reservation for Staybridge Suites Time Square, because the benefits of a suite hotel a quite marginal if you a put into a small studio...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us. The team and I are of course very disappointed that you were left dissatisfied with your Priority Club Recognition. We of course will always try to upgrade all our PCR members. I notice from your booking that you actually booked the Standard room on PCR points. When you pay for the room on points unfortunately you usually will only get the room type you book,. Upgrades are never guaranteed however we will always attempt on the day, depending on availability to upgrade our PCR guests. I am pleased to note that we did indeed upgrade you to a Deluxe Studio Suite. I am surprised that you found this room ‘small’ and ‘boxy’ as it is over 30meters square – a pretty impressive size for a London hotel room!

I am disappointed to note that there was no kettle in your suite, of course there was supposed to be, I have since checked your room and there is one there now.

Regarding the Olympic Park being closed, yes it is currently closed, but this is due to it being refurbished in preparation for the summer when it will once again be opened as the Queen Elizabeth Park, where some spectacular events, activities and attractions are due to draw in a huge amount of tourism to the area.

I truly hope that you do stay at the Staybridge in Times Square. This is a superb hotel that has also enjoyed some outstanding reviews on Tripadvisor. The Staybridge concept offers you a great deal more flexibility, freedom and space, particularly if you are staying for 5 nights or more.

Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Amazing experience. The service was at an amazing level. I felt really looked after throughout my stay. The staff are very friendly and smiley. Nothing seems too much trouble for these guys.
Great breakfast buffet with plenty of choice so it's a good start for the day.
The room was very clean and spacious and have all necessary amenities including your own kitchen.
A real home away from home and so conveniently located - took me under 20 min to Central London.
Westfield shopping centre is a big bonus as its right next to the hotel
I can't wait for the next trip to London and staying again at this beautiful place.
It's a must!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here a few nights in September 2012 (after the Olympics) and have no complaints whatsoever. Everything was top notch and we will return again in future. The apartments are centrally located; very close to the train and bus stations, shops and restaurants with beautiful views. The rooms are ultra modern, very neat and all the amenities you would expect even with Apple TV’s in the rooms. Breakfast had a wonderful selection of hot and cold options and then additionally, located at reception, a pantry stocked with everything from wines to ready meals for purchase. The reception team was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to send a pair of jeans all the way to South Africa free of charge when it didn’t arrive on time from dry cleaning for our flight home. The Hotel has an arrangement with a Taxi company with very good rates to the airport. Very impressive indeed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wamboin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Staybridge suites in Stratford is excellent: it is clean, modern, and with very friendly and helpful staff. What is on offer is much less spacious than, say, in Staybridge Suites in the US (just one chair in the corner of a bedroom, rather than a separate room for relaxing), but the kitchen facilities are good, as is the breakfast.

A key feature of this is location: Stratford has first-rate travel facilities, and one is only a short walk from them. The property is just by a large shopping mall, which has good supplies for catering for oneself (Marks and Spencer and Waitrose are both close and first rate); there is also a wide range of reasonably priced restaurants, and a cinema.

A few small points. The hotel offers low grade wifi; I paid for their enhanced service, but it was not all that reliable, and I'd recommend getting a backup 'dongle' (e.g. from Vodafone in the mall) if you need to be sure of some form of internet connection - although when the hotel service was working, it was better. The hotel provides three free washing machines and driers - they are good, but not nearly enough: even when the hotel was fairly empty, it was a matter of real luck to get a machine when one was needed; beware, also, that they also have very long wash and dry cycles. Third, the prices for outgoing phone calls are crazy - e.g. four pounds a minute to the US; six to Australia - if you wish to make calls, I'd strongly recommend purchase of a cheap phone and buying pay-as-you go minutes (there are, again, several phone companies in the mall; I personally ordered a cheap Vodafone from Amazon.co.uk to be delivered before I arrived). Finally, found the room much too hot, and it took a while to get the heating switched off.

All told, though, this is a first-rate place, and if I come back on business, it is somewhere that I will certainly return to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been many times in London in recent years, but this was the first time at Staybridge Suites. The hotel is located next to the Olympic Park and in the largest Shopping Mall in Europe, Westfield Stratford.
I paid in advance, through the hotel's site, £ 648 for a King bed studio for 7 nights from 26/12/2012 to 2/1/2013 ( I want to note that there aren't twin rooms ). Although I asked a studio overlooking the Olympic Park, I finally had one overlooking the Mall. However the view was just as good and the most important was, because I am a light sleeper, did not bother me any noise from across Cazino.
The room was very clean, tidy with free wi-fi. There are two TVs, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. The kitchen is very convenient if you want to make or heat something (it would be useful to exist instructions for the microwave, as there are for the dishwasher).
The breakfast was adequate, nothing special. I did not like that there were jam & honey jars that everyone got on the table and used his knife or spoon to eat through them.
The staff was very friendly, helpful and always with a smile.
The area is covered by 2 Tube lines (Central & Jubilee), overground, DLR, Southeastern high speed train which terminates in St. Pancras International station (which was very helpful when I arrived on 26/12 due to the Tube strike) and many bus lines ( 25 bus terminates in Oxford Circus).
Inside the Mall you can find many restaurants, we tasted "the Jamie's Italian" (Jamie's Oliver restaurant) and "the Real Greek" on the ground floor coming out from the hotel on the left. Also in the lower ground floor there are several fast food, better in my opinion "Olive oil & Oregano".
I felt like my home, I will definitely come back next time and I think small imperfections are not very important.

Room Tip: The 12th floor rooms are very quiet and close to the breakfast area.