“The worst 'hotel' ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Court Hotel

You added Regency Court Hotel to your Saves list
Regency Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Penywern Road, London SW5 9ST, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #1,028 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Maryland
“The worst 'hotel' ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Never in all my years have I experienced a stay like this one. The entire building should be condemned. There was basic filth EVERYWHERE. People were smoking cigs all over the hotel - elevator, stairs, hallway, hotel foyer. Everything smelt like smoke. The staff is basically worthless. Then just for laughes they are rude. Entering the room almost made me cry. The carpet, walls, floor, bed - everything was old , dirty and pretty much disgusting. The bathroom is shared and in the hallway. After my first night of sleep, on the rock they said was a mattress, I went to shower off the animals that had probably cuddled with me the night before and almost stepped into a large pile of vomit on the floor. All and all It was the most pitiful excuse for a 'hotel' I have been unfortunate enough to stay in. It attempted to ruin my stay in England. Next time - I would rather spend my money and sleep on the street as it is probably cleaner and more comfortable.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

A horrendous experience. It was not too expensive but at £40 you are entitled to expect decent standards. My room was dirty, the tv did not work. The bed was dirty and freezing cold. The communal bathroom looked disgusting so i didn't dare to use it. I got out as quickly as i could in the morning. There is no way that this establishment deserves the title 'hotel'. Even 'hostal' would be too generous. I would use the word 'dump.'

• Liked — I liked it best when i was leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
holland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

No friendly service...and one woman seemed to be too shy. The carpet was too old and too dirty. There was a cupboard in my tiny, tiny room but it was too old, too broken and too dirty, with a drawer full of stuff which didn't belong to me! There was a tv...but no remote control. So I asked for one...and got the wrong one...and a laaaarge speech before I got the right one...There were curtains...but is was impossible to close them at night. I was freezing at night...in november and just 1 sheet! Also couldn't sleep because of the thin walls.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
brum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

So we turn up at the hotel greeted by a very rude old lady who has no communication skills what so ever. She does not welcome us but demands money as soon as we get in, then sends me to my room, no directions given just 'up the stairs'. The room is the smallest room i have ever seen with noisey radiators, dirty carpets and the most awful decor i have seen in my life, i know i didnt pay for the ritz but please. We then go out each night, as this is why we are in London, only to be faced with the difficulty of getting back in after 12 midnight (aparently there is a curfew and you must be in by 12 as there is noone on the desk). You are then greeted by the same old woman who argues with you right up until you get into your room. The morning she offers no apology and again speaks to me as rudely as i have ever been spoken to, so i get my bags and leave. If you can tolerate rudeness, dirtyness and going to london and getting in by 12 then this is the place to stay. If u like to have a little fun and enjoy london after dark, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• Liked — Leaving!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything especially the staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I've stayed at some budget hotels in my time but nothing as disgusting as this place. Tiny tiny room which still cost 40 pounds a night, filthy carpets covered with patches of other filthy carpets and smelly *bloodstained* covers on the bed.
The creepy guy at the front desk took some kind of liking to me because he showed up at my door 5 times in one night with offers to chat or eat expired pudding cups he had bought me from the fridge. The last time he knocked on my door it was almost 1 am and I was so paranoid staying even one night that I piled all my luggage in front of the door so that no one could get in.
Do not go here! There are tons of other hotels on the same street that actually cost less and are WAY better.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

I truly am a very easy going traveler and have stayed in all types of places and never, ever been treated as badly or stayed in a place as bad and rude as this.
The front desk man was extremely rude and basically threw a room key at me when I came in. It ends up he gave me the keys to the wrong room and so when I arrived that evening to go to bed was told I had to pack up all my things and move immediately to another room, was told I would be given a discount for my troubles and then they played dumb when I was checking out.
On top of that you leave your room keys with them and when I came and went I constantly was being given wrong keys which made going up and down from reception and being looked at like I was a nuisance when it was their error every time. On top of that bathroom was dirty, the maid decided to empty a plastic bag I had in the room with my stuff in it and use it as a trash bag and leave it for me, and a window was left open by the maid so bugs were in there from the trash cans outside my window.

Basically probably one of the worst experiences in a hotel ever. I like to usually expect no high level of luxury with getting a hotel so cheap in london but truly i would ward anyone thinking of this place to stay away its not worth any of your money.

• Stayed July 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2005

I recently stayed there myself. This place is a total scam, I cant believe anyone could post a positive review of this establishment. It was filthy, the toilet was broken and the shower didnt work. I had to pay in advance and couldnt get my money back, I left anyways.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Regency Court Hotel? Share your experiences!