“the worst management!! be good to yourself, Don't pick this one!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn

You added Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn to your Saves list
Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   116 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4XB, England (South Kensington)   |
Ranked #243 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Hong Kong, China
“the worst management!! be good to yourself, Don't pick this one!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The worst experience I had ever!!! I stayed there with my boyfriend and a friend in two bedrooms apartment. One day, my boyfriend went out first for work, so I went out afterwards. I left the room keys in the reception and tell the receptionist that is for my bf (of cos, I mentioned his name) in case he come back earlier than me. At the end, we went back all together, were asking our room key from the reception, she couldn't find it and call the manager (Philip) , and the result is that Philip took the key back his home (that's so ridiculous, and more yet to come) and this apartment do not have a spare key. So we have to wait for our friend to come to open the door. Philip promised that he will bring the key to the reception 9am next morning.

AND next morning 9am, my bf went to the reception to pick up the key, and of cos no key yet. So i went there at 930am,no key again, i was angry, so was asking the receptionist to call philip,and the receptionist told me she was not authorised to call him, so i asked for his number, and she gave me. Thats funny that she couldnt help me to call him but could give me his number. So I called him immediately, he was in this apartment just didnt leave the key in the reception. He came to the reception and pass me the key. And Now I know why he didnt leave the key in the reception. He kept blaming me that I didn't write a paper and stick to the key. I was telling him that I told the receptionist the key is for my bf, but he said that is common sense to write a paper to mention this key is for whom! He was trying interperting that i don't have common sense. And when i was arguing with him, he was being so ironic, asked me whether i understand english (i was arguing with him in english, i m confident to say my english is 100% fine, i stayed in London for 4 years) He is sooooooo ridiculous!!!!! Never met a person can be that ridiculous!!!!

And btw, my bf got a parcel, but no one inform him until the sender told him. And the room size is super small, there is no space for me to open my suitcase!!!! They put so many things in your carbinet, there is not enough space for you!! The cleaning lady came once a week, and very very quick!!! Don't think the room is clean and the floor (carpet) is quite dirty as well, I have to wear slipper all the time. And if you wanna use their gym, u have to pay, i dont rmb the exact amount, bu for sure not cheap

Never recommend this apartment for anyone unless he or she is your emergy!

Room Tip: DON'T pick this apartment
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela W, Manager at Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear client,
Thank you for your feedback for your stay with us in January.
As advised in your check in instructions that includes all of our contact numbers the main reception staff in the building are not employed by Crown Lawn and any assistance will not be given.
A key handed in at reception will simply be handed back to our Duty Manger for return.
As per our terms and conditions housekeeping is on a weekly basis and there is no mention of the gym being included in the use of the apartment.
We would have been more than happy to recommend a gym nearby for you during your stay.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Firstly the good points. The apartment was very spacious, Balcony, living room with flat screen tv, leather sofa etc. fully equipped kitchen, superbly designed bedroom and lots of storage. It is really a home away from home, the apartment was very large, bigger than expected and for the price it is a great deal. Decor and finishings make you feel very much at home and the balcony was a nice finishing touch to the room. The apartments are in a massive apartment block next to Sainsburys so very easy to find and good local amenities.

Sadly the negative side was the reception staff! Call me fussy BUT after coming back from a massive Euro trip visiting 19 countries and previously coming back from Dubai and Qatar, you expect a certain level of respect and service! Staff working in reception would NOT seem to care if a plane crashed outside the front entrance or if a bomb went off!!! They do not even greet you to say hello or evening etc. When dropping of the keys for a long night out, i came the next day and the staff would not even want to give me the second set of keys replying "Do you really want the second set?" Staff like this should be fired and replaced by someone who needs a job and wants to do a job properly not the typical "I do not care" attitude the front service desk staff had!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us.
As stated in your check in instructions the main front desk staff are not employed by ourselves and any assistance will not be given.
We do have a duty manager in the building to offer any assistance during your stay.
I apologise that you had this treatment from the front desk staff.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Recently, my wife and I embarked on our 10th anniversary vacation of a lifetime. First stop, London. Traditional hotel rooms in great locations in London can be extremely pricey. When one visits London, let's face it, there is not much time spent in the hotel room when there is so much to do and see in one of the greatest cities in world; spending a fortune for a room to sleep in is rather silly.

The Crown Lawn apartments are a separate section of Point West Apartments, located centrally in Kensington. This is a very short walking distance to Knightsbridge, Chelsea, and famous Sloan Street. Getting to the Crown Lawn from Heathrow is a snap. Hop on the Underground, take the Piccadilly Circus line, and 25 - 30 minuets later one gets off at Gloucester Road station. Two blocks later, one is at the Point West Apartments. Easy and inexpensive. A cab may get you there faster, but it will cost you more.

We were greeted by Philippe, the general manager of the Crown Lawn. He is a very gracious and professional and he escorted us to our room. We had a two bedroom unit with a balcony and quaint seating area for two. The unit was fully equipped with kitchen, two bathrooms, and a very spacious living room area. The unit was very clean and perfect for our needs. The washing machine is a combination washer/dryer, something I had never seen before. It makes so much sense. Leave it to the Europeans to be efficient.

Once we got settled, we stopped by the front desk to get our bearings and some suggestions of where we may want to start our journey. The receptionist was very polite, friendly, and helpful. I had lived in London 40 years ago, so I had an idea of where we where and how to get around, but the refresher was helpful. Off we went.

During the three nights at the Crown Lawn, we loved our accommodations. The best part was the location. There was a grocery store next to the apartments and we were able to get breakfast type items, beer, and wine. This was extremely convenient. Everyday we walked the city for miles and saw so much. If we wanted a quick ride back to the apartment we could hop on the tube and be back in minuets. Yes indeed, the location is perfect.

The area had great restaurants, pubs, and bars all within short walking distance form the Crown Lawn. This was a great start to our vacation. Next stop, Naples, Italy. The Crown Lawn is definitely the perfect place to stay while in London.

Room Tip: Simply ask for something that suits their needs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The apartment was great! I spent 4 days there with my husband and it felt like our own. it is well furnished, clean, neat, and has everything we needed. The girl who rented it to us included many basics that lasted us for a day till we made our grocery shopping. We did our laundry, cooked our own food, hosted a friend. It was our house during the trip to London. It's a 10 min walk from Gloucester Underground Station, and the same distance to almost all nice cafes and restaurants. It;s never late to grab a cup of coffee or a nice meal at night, Sainsbury's was right under the building and it was accessible until midnight. Food delivery was easy because all restaurants knew the place and delivered until 3 AM. There is somebody who comes to clean every week, so no need to worry about keeping the place clean.

When I visit again, this is definitely where I'm staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
South Wales, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Booked the apartment last minute for two nights and the staff were really helpful on the phone, made sure the keys were ready for us and gave good directions. The apartment is only a few minutes walk from Gloucester Road tube station and near lovely shops, bars and restaurants. The apartment is lovely and spotlessly clean. The kitchen is well stocked with all you need, comfy sofas and bed and a surprisingly comfortable z bed. The district line runs under the living window (even 7 floors up it can be loud), but we like London noise so even though we had windows open all night due to the summer heat, the noise of the tube wasn't an issue. Would highly recommend and would love to stay here again ourselves., I think the apartment number was 710 or 711.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Where to start on what we expected verses what we received. We have rented approximately 30 homes/apartments in the last 10 years. The location of the apartment is great. That ended the positives. The apartment overlooks the subway tracks leading to Gloucester Road station so you will hear the trains from when they start running in the morning until they stop shortly after midnight. The apartment was 2 bedroom. Each bedroom held only one double bed and one night stand. There was no room for any other furniture. No table, no second night stand no dresser. One bedroom closet was 60 percent occupied by the water heater. Kitchen had one towel and no pot holders. The bathroom was not clean. Over priced for what you receive.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warszawa,Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Location is really great, but this is the end of pros, to choise this location. The building is located on the back side of a main street (Cromwell rd.), which actually might be very comfortable to avoid busy street noise. But the building is placed on a kind of an island, surrounded by trains' tracks. So regardless where your room will face windows, you should forget about quiet days. There is an underground (which actually is overgroung at this particular place !) night break, so the only quiet time is between 00:30 and 5:30, unless night workers won't repair someting nearby. As there was no A/C in apartment I've rented, and this was the hottests summer in London since 200 years, we had to keep windows open. The only solution is either to find another address to rent or ... buy an ear plugs in nearby Sainsbury's.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn? Share your experiences!