We stayed at Point West for one week in September and another week the following month in October 2011.The first apartment we had was smaller and a little shabby than I had imagined after viewing the website but it was very comfortable.
We had come all the way from Australia and were extremely tired and jetlagged and found having half a roll of toilet paper and no simple things like tea/coffee/ sugar available a bit of a dissapointment-having to then visit the supermarket when all we wanted to do was have a cup of tea and go to bed!
We did not expect to have it fully equipped but enough for a couple of days while you settle in would have been nice.
On our return in October we found the unit we were given was much larger and better maintained and more like we had imagined from the web site.
The down side was navigating how to get there as theses apartments are on many levels and you have to change lifts and walk for miles to the other lift just to find the apartment! The other problem we had was it was right above a rail line and we never had a decent nights sleep.
We would however stay there again if we could get an apartment that was not on the rail line.
The Crown Lawn staff were very helpful and friendly when we rang them.
The supermarket is right next door which we found to be a big plus. The Glouster Rd tube station very close and we were in walking distance of Hyde park Kensington palace gardens and Harrods.It was value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Point West Apartments By Crown Lawn Hotel
- Point West Apartments By Crown Lawn Hotel London
- Point West Apartments By Crown Lawn London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These deluxe studio, one and two bedroom Kensington serviced apartments, recently refurbished in 2010, are situated just a five minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station and a twenty minute drive from London Heathrow airport. You can find a variety of quality restaurants and bars on nearby Gloucester Road. These Kensington serviced apartments are fully equipped with a spacious living area and full kitchens as well as a bathroom and bedroom, there is everything you need for a comfortable, relaxing stay. There is a weekly maid service included in the rates. On-site parking is available at £50 per week and each serviced apartment has freeview television, DVD players and stereo systems. We also provide free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, CityZen, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Point West Apartments by Crown Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.