“GREAT experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London House Hotel

You added London House Hotel to your Saves list
London House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Kensington Gardens Square, London W2 4DJ, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #295 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“GREAT experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I arrived to discover that I has lost my passport. Upon check-in the front desk went out of their way to comfort me and help me get in contact with the necessary authorities to get my passport replace. It worked! They not only helped by making calls and giving me information, but they were genuine and really cared. The room was clean, neat and up to date. The single room was small but it had everything I needed and then some. The hotel is close to Bayswater tube station and Paddington Rail Station. It was very easy to get to if you follw their directions.
The WIFI signal was weak but at least I had access to the internet. I was in room 311, next to elevator and was noisy as a result. I used earplugs so not a problem for me. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a quiet location. The breakfast was 7 pounds and it was ok for the price. Go to a local café for breakfast, there are many local eateries and a huge shopping mall within walking distant.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room if you are a light sleeper. I was in 311 next to the elevator and people are lo...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am happy that we could help what we are always glad to do if our assistance is needed. We care about our guests and we try our best to do everything we can for the customer’s satisfaction – thank you for your appreciation! Please request a quiet room the next time you are staying with us and we will provide that whenever possible. We hope to see you back again. Best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a single traveler in London last week, I can tell you without question that you will love this hotel and it is highly recommended. Pros: The location is wonderful -- a bit away from the craziness of Soho but close enough to be there in just a few moments... lots of great places to eat and stores nearby. In addition, the hotel is immaculate, spotless -- simply pristine in terms of cleanliness. Housekeeping services were outstanding and the front desk is beyond wonderful. Cons: The room is small (check your photos before booking to understand the size you are getting). Is that really a con though considering the value and how often you are IN the room? As a tip, I preferred the Queensway station (just past Bayswater). It's easy to get to Oxford Circus, Soho and change to other lines you'll need for attractions, etc. Do not hestiate to book if you are considering and can obtain a good price. You'll be glad you did! PS: Wifi was perfect as well. All around a GREAT experience!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I would like to thank you very much for taking your time and writing such kind review for London House Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our location, cleanliness, service...I really appreciate your comments and I am sure that other travelers will do as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Kindest regards.
Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has good price vs quality ratio. Rooms are bit small but clean. Location is good, very close to Shopping center and Bayswater station and there are lots of places to eat near by. Breakfast cost 7£ and value was OK. Free Wifi. Staff is helpful and polite. I would be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I would like to thank you for your kindly written review. It is great to read that you were satisfied with our great value, cleanliness and location! We truly hope to see you back again.
Coppull, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's no five star boutique hotel, but then again you're paying a fifth of the price. Stayed here a number of times for work and will happily return for leisure. The hotel is clean and fresh and the rooms are perfect for a short stay, and better than some hotels at twice the price.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you very much for your kind review! I am happy to read that you were satisfied with your stay each time you stayed with us. I hope you will have a chance to come back for leisure as well and take the full advantage of your next stay. Look forward to welcoming you back again. Best season wishes!
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently stayed a Friday evening until Wednesday. Trying to find a hotel below 250 GBP per night is not easy. Doing it last minute is harder. This lovely no fuss hotel located right on a small green park, ask for garden room, is minutes from Bayswater and Queensway tube stations (literally on the same short block). Gatwick to Victoria Station, Victoria Station to Bayswater. Easy! I paid 200 GBP nightly.
The rooms are small. Large wardrobe but no dresser and drawers which made for some creative placement of non hanging items. Full size bed. Not a double or queen. On the small side but not uncomfortable for two. Nice bathroom, little shelf space. I rarely interacted with the front desk. When I did it was business-like and not overly bubbly and friendly. No problem. All in all, I'd stay again. Great price! Great location!

Room Tip: Garden room, which is actually the quiet street with a lovely park outside.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our location suited you very well. We would love to see you back again, so please contact us directly for the most competitive deals. Kind regards.
Kingscourt, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were small but perfectly adequate. everything was spotlessly clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. i didn't get to sample the brakfast, because within a two minute walk there were many cheap cafes. i would be happy to stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: An upstairs room would be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for London House Hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything suited you well. I hope to see you back soon. Kindest regards.
guel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This clean and reasonably priced hotel is situated just off a main street, across from a park, in west London. Situated just a couple of minutes walk from both Bayswater, Paddington & Queensway underground stations. Room was small but perfectly OK. Very basic room with small fridge and kettle. A written explanation of the room and its amenities would have been useful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in overall. We have descriptions of every room placed on our website for our guests information. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Best regards.

Been to London House Hotel? Share your experiences!