“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London House Hotel

You added London House Hotel to your Saves list
London House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Kensington Gardens Square, London W2 4DJ, England (Notting Hill)   |
Ranked #331 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed only 1 night but it was great. Modern clean room and lovely bathroom. Very close to Bayswater tube. Have stayed at other hotels in the area but this one is by far the best. Staff friendly and baggage room clean and safe, not like one other in the area. Breakfast was great also. Sorry we didnt stay longer but will definitely return to this Hotel next time we are in London. Have recommended this Hotel to our travel agent in Springwood NSW Australia if any clients need good accommodation and close to the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time and writing the review for London House Hotel. I am pleased to read that you were happy with your short stay with us and that you enjoyed our service. Your comments comparing our hotel to others are greatly appreciated as I feel that we meet the requirements of our guests. I look forward to seeing you again soon! Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the London House Hotel for four nights. It's a great location very close to the Bayswater tube station. Kensington Park is an easy walk. We felt safe walking around the area. The room was small but good use was made of the space. The high ceilings and large window gave the impression of more space. Though small we had no problem with the size of the bathroom. We felt the shower was fine. The room was clean and there was a fridge which was nice for storing things for breakfast. We did not take part of the hotel breakfast. We did not pay more for the garden view and had wondered what we'd be looking out on. Our view was simply a parking lot and other buildings. It would seem no need for a garden view if the price is more. As we were there during the heat wave :) we were very pleased that the AC worked just fine. Staff was very nice and helpful. Large, bright lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for writing the review for London House Hotel. I am glad that you like our hotel, location and room’s facilities. I appreciate your comments and I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms with back view are nice and quiet and I am pleased that you liked it. However, rooms with garden view are very nice and popular as well and also quiet as we are located in quiet residential neighborhood. We would definitely love to see you here again! Kind regards.
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The location of hotel is quite convinience to tube and eating out . Room Is clean but very small and even the bath room is too small to take shower. The bed is too soft to sleep. The staff in reception are very nice and helpful. As there are less family rooms , I have to book two single rooms to accommodate our three persons. In general, this is a hotel in a good location and suitable for few people to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great Location near tube stations.
Clean with good working wifi.
Nice fit out in the lobby.

Found the staff a little lacking.
The beds too soft so my partner and I rolled into each other all night. Good for one person though.
Bathrooms and bedrooms very compact.
My friend left behind a favourite item of clothing in the room which wasn't found. Called that day to check but didn't hear back for 24 hrs to be told nothing was discovered, she knows exactly where she left it which was a shame.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and writing your review. I am glad to read that you liked our hotel and the facilities. However, I am sorry that you didn't like the bed as we use very good, 4/5 star hotel’s quality mattresses. I am also very sorry to hear that your friend lost her item. However, if there was nothing found in the room, we are not able to retrieve it. We keep all found items for our guests and we try to return it when possible. I am convinced that our staff must have not found anything in this case. I hope to see you again soon. Warm regards.
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Found hotel very easily, approx ten mins walk from bayswater or queensway tube... (up the road from hyde park)...was in a lovely quiet square opp a garden....
Rooms were somewhat small, but so clean, it was worth the compromise - after all we were only in the room for a few hours to sleep. We had a few of the 'gardens' however we are on the 4th floor so we just saw tree tops!
Decor very simple and modern.
Did not have breakfast so cannot comment. (but could have offered more milk and a biscuit in the complementary tea/coffee tray but sure you could have asked for some).
Seemed pretty good value for money for London!
(We parked in East Finchley and got the tube to hotel - it took about 50 mins)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you were happy with our Hotel’s location, good value and hotel’s decor and cleanliness. I am happy that you were satisfied and I look forward to welcoming you at London House Hotel again soon. Kind regards.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ok it's a bit much calling it my favorite as I only have one other hotel to compare it to, but I loved my stay here. It's in a darling area, accessible to two different tube lines. Tons of little restaurants/pubs around the corner, but on a safe quiet residential looking street. Rooms were small (as expected) but the beds were comfy and everything was really modern and updated inside. Would def. recommend.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing the review for London House Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you were a fan of our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you liked our location, area and the hotel itself. Thank you and look forward to seeing you again! Best regards.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great location, close to 2 tube stations, Hyde Park and many eating places. Rooms nice a little small but very fresh and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. We enjoyed it so much we went back after touring the UK or 3 weeks, this wasn't planed. Will definitely recommend to people.

Room Tip: Garden view very nice