“A not so hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of London House Hotel

You added London House Hotel to your Saves list
London House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Kensington Gardens Square, London W2 4DJ, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #305 of 1,065 Hotels in London
vienna
“A not so hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lovely little hotel ! Perfect location, just around the corner to Notting Hill (max 5 min to Bayswater tube st). Large and nice public areas, pleasant reception with competent and polite staff. I had a single room, so it was tiny, of course, but well positioned. It was perfectly sufficient for one night stay. Bathroom was too tiny though (you need to be UK-size 8).
Everything's spotlessly clean !
I'd definitely recommand and would love to return to the London House Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maspalomas, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property for 8 night at the end of March. My room (417 - single on the 4th floor) was very clean and decorated in good taste. The bathroom was small, but not smaller than many other properties in central London. The hotel is centrally located in Bayswater, very close to Bayswater and Queensways Underground Stations. Breakfast was also very good, with a good array of choices. The team at the Front Desk was superb, and so were the guys doing the night shift (I arrived very late the first night, and I found them to be very friendly and relaxed, but always maintaining a professional attitude). I would certainly book this property in the future, and I would recommend it to any friends/business associates travelling to London in the future.

Room Tip: Room 417 is a decent sized room (larger than the average single room, from what I was able to see).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I am pleased to read we have managed to make you feel at home. Our goal is to provide professional buy yet friendly service and to offer our guests good experience.
I am looking forward to seeing you here again.
Bodø, Nordland, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a fine, clean hotel in a quiet part of Bayswater. We will recommend it for other travellers. The staff was very helpful and the room was small but nice. We had a room at 1 floor with a gardenwiev. There are also close to shoppingmall and underground.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Located in Bayswater, London House Hotel is the decent end of what a modern budget hotel should be - 'boutique'-styled modern, slightly camp, decor apparently courtesy of a hairdresser who blew the budget at Next interiors.

What do you need to know. It's clean, bright and quiet. The beds are very, very comfortable. The service is friendly and efficient. The neighbourhood is secure. It's very close to Baywater restaurants as well Notting Hill, Hyde Park, a tube/bus/long walk from Oxford Street and Soho. Spot on in almost every respect and near to £120 for a twin room. Not bad.

One piece of advice: don't book the breakfast. The hotel has a clean and tidy subterranean breakfast room - the continental breakfast is awful and there is no choice of full english or anything else.

Book a room, skip the breakfast and make The London House Hotel the place to lay your budget head.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you fro writing your review on London House Hotel.
I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you have found our hotel to offer good value for money.
I am sorry to read you did not appreciated our continental breakfast and i am sorry we cannot offer at the moment full British breakfast . We try to offer good variety and good value continental breakfast and we feel that the breakfast price its very competitive.
We hope to see you here in the future.
Bucerias
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This wonderful little hotel is located in the Bayswater area of London. A short five minute walk to the tube with lots of restaraunt choices in the area. The rooms were clean and small, showing signs of wear especially in the bathroom. We were on the second floor front over looking a park area/ garden and found the room to be perfect for our three night stay. It was quiet and we were quite comfortable keeping the windows open in the evening.

The reception area is very modern and the staff was excellent. We didn't use the breakfast room on the lower level. (extra charge) but we did look at it and it appeared to give you a wide variety of quick food. We found it much easier to grab a fruit and pastry at one of the local stores.

All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in a nice area with lots of restaurants, a few pubs, some grocery stores, and a really close walk to the Bayswater tube station. I would absolutely stay here again, great service, nice neighborhood, I lived in London, and this is a great area, but also affordable in a nice area. The hotel was clean, has room for more than two (which many hotels only have hotels for two) and is a good price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your comments and I am happy to read that you liked our hotel, service and the area where our hotel is located. I can agree with you that not many hotels offer bigger rooms than double/ twin and that our prices are really affordable for the location and standard that we offer - thank you for pointing this! I really hope to see you at London House Hotel again soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the second time in a year and a half I have visited this hotel. This time I stayed in family room on the ground floor (previous stay was in a twin on a higher floor). I chose to return here as it is hard to find hotels at a good price that have three beds in the room (without someone having to sleep on a sofa bed). I was in room G4 and it has a double and two single beds. There was plenty of space in the room to store cases, a wardrobe with fridge and safe in it and a small dressing table. (no drawer storage available but this wasn't an issue for us).

The room and hotel public areas were spotlessly clean. The bathroom could have benefited from a little facelift as there were some damange to tiles and the sink but this looked like it had been caused by a previous guest as opposed to normal wear and tear. The bathroom was still very clean and plenty of towels provided along with shampoo/conditioner and showergel.

The breakfast is £6 per night and is a continental offering (no hot cooked breakfast). There is a selection of cereals, yogurts, meats, cheese, boiled eggs, pastries, toast and tea/coffee/juice and you can take as much or as little as you like.

The hotel is in a good location near two tube stations, a short walk to Kensington Gardens, Portobello Road, Notting Hill, etc. The square it is in is a pretty location and is clean. The hotel only has single glazing windows so expect to hear a bit of noise during the night, but I expect to hear noise in every hotel I go to and this wouldn't put me off returning again.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful and are on duty 24 hours a day so help is always there if needed.

I would recommend this hotel to couples, families, friends and solo travellers as I think it is a good offering for the price charged.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I am glad and really pleased to read your review! I loved to read your comments. We feel like we do our best to improve our service every time we read the review like yours - thank you. We all look forward to welcoming you at London House Hotel again soon. Warmest regards!

Been to London House Hotel? Share your experiences!