“Convenient and reasonably priced hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London House Hotel

You added London House Hotel to your Saves list
London House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 Kensington Gardens Square, London W2 4DJ, England (Notting Hill)   |
Ranked #323 of 1,050 Hotels in London
Riverdale
“Convenient and reasonably priced hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I chose this hotel, in Bayswater, because the price seemed as reasonable as anything I found for the amenities included. It was convenient to public transportation for sight-seeing. There were also lots of shops and restaurants in the neighborhood. The staff was friendly and attentive. It was a pleasant surprise to have the housekeeper knock on my door shortly after check-in to ask if I needed anything, so I got some extra hangers. The room was small but really had everything I needed, including free WiFi. Yes, the vanity ledge was narrow, but it held my computer. I would have liked a chair with a back instead of a stool. I thought the number and location of electric outlets was adequate.It was convenient to have a mini refrigerator so I could buy food from the local groceries, an in-room safe to lock up my passport and computer while I was out, and a hot pot so I could have hot tea when I got in after a cold day. The bed was very comfortable once I got an extra pillow. The room was also quiet. When I needed to have something printed out, the staff just had me email it to them and they printed it at the desk. The breakfast was fine. I opted for it twice. It was a little more extensive than I expect for a continental buffet. The espresso machine was a nice touch.
The only criticisms I have are first, the description said there was a coin laundry for guests, but when I found it, it was being used for the hotel laundry. Desk staff directed me to a laundry in the neighborhood, but I made do washing things out in the rather small sink. And there were guys working right outside my window at 8:30 every morning–and I was on the top floor! They didn’t wake me, as I was up long before, but I had to keep my shade drawn for privacy. The staff just said they were sorry, but a warning would have been nice!
If I come back to London, I will consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask about work going on outside.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my best friend stayed at London House Hotel in the end of May 2011 and everything was great.
I love the fact that the hotel is located one block from the shopping street.
It was very quiet at night and waking up to sunshine and a lovely park across the street was just amazing!
The breakfast didn't fullfill my expectations but since you got a mini-fridge in the room we just bought what we wanted in the nearest store.
We also had a problem with the toilet but they we're very kind and fixed that during the day when we were out.
I love the fact that you can buy a phonecard in the rec and use the phone in the room to call abroad.

I'd def recommend this hotel to all my friends and visit again!

• Stayed May 2012
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice location , close to Notting Hill and Queensway , nearest tube is Bayswater , about 2 min walking !!! Rooms really clean , amazing and friendly housekeeping staff and management. I will go again soon !!
Eduardo Bustamante

Room Tip: Choose window view always !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nice, lovely hotel. Clean room which was spacious enough for the two of us. Excellent location very close to Bayswater tube. The room was very warm, but that was our own fault as we didn't adjust the heat the first night. Once we did, it was fine. Did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I can not comment on that. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great one night stay. Very helpful and accommodating staff. Close to multiple tube locations. Bayswater street had many good places to eat and there is a great pub with live music nearby on the corner. Recently upgraded decor. All rooms in London are small so this was no different. Ample hot water made it a nice stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice and fresh hotel with friendly staff. Good location, near to metro, restaurants, shops and shopping center Whiteleys. You slept like an angel here and If we come back to London this is the hotel were we gonna stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Norrahammar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Clean rooms, comfy beds. Efficient and friendly staff. Decent breakfast. Very quiet and peaceful at nights. Close to underground stations, shops and restaurants. We'll probably stay here at our next trip to London

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to London House Hotel? Share your experiences!