“Adequate Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Glendale Hyde Park Hotel

You added Glendale Hyde Park Hotel to your Saves list
Glendale Hyde Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Devonshire Terrace, London W2 3DN, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #913 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Adequate Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great location. Close to Paddington Station and Hyde Park. Nice lady at front desk. No lift and lots of stairs! Very small but clean room. Linens were clean but quite worn. Breakfast included in a very small breakfast area with only 3 small tables.
Doesn't have free wifi which should be standard everywhere.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a truly awful hotel.

I had to stay here for two nights recently and couldn't wait to get out.

My room was unclean with stains on the curtains and on the bed and paint was flaking on the window frames. The double room could only just fit in the double bed. The temperature at night (centrally regulated) was so hot that I had to sleep with the window wide open which meant I had to listen to passing traffic.

It's not even particularly cheap.

The worst hotel experience of my life. Avoid!

• Stayed May 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Another Tube strike threatened - last time I had a four hour commute home. I needed a cheap room near to where I work in London.

£45 a night - I was really not looking forward to it but ,,,,,guess what? It was not bad at all! Tiny little single room with an en-suite, tea making facilities, fridge, TV, all shoe horned in. Nice touch was the little fan as the room was right at the top and could have been stuffy on a really hot day. Best point was, it was all spotlessly clean.

True, the breakfast was not great but I was happy enough to grab a couple of pieces of toast and a boiled egg. It was a bit noisy from 11 to midnight with door banging as people returned to their rooms. There was some street noise as my room faced the street, it is central London!!

I would definitely go for this place again if I just wanted somewhere to lay my head overnight.

Room Tip: SO long as you are fit and strong (no lift) ask for a room on a high floor. There is not much sound...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Main reason to visit this hotel is the location. Nice area, good walking distance to Paddington Train station.
The Hotel itself is average.
Positive: Quiet. Good location. Provides breakfast.
Negative: The smell at the reception as soon as you arrive. Key access for just one people, leaving it at the reception like in the old days. Overall willing to chat and interact from the staff.
Stairs: No elevator available.
Would I go back? Maybe, depending on the budget.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend while visiting London, the location is great quite central and near a tube station and the building itself is in a lovely area. The rooms are absolutely tiny but clean and fit for purpose (and price considering it's London) the only real downfall is the breakfast room which is a bit of a joke with just three tables, found it slightly uncomfortable eating when I queue of other parties and crammed in the doorway waiting for a seat looking at you awkwardly as if to hurry up. All in all fine for you pay for just very small rooms and poor breakfast facilities.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Northampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I am too stunned to even begin. A mouse ran across my bed under the wardrobe. Manager refused to believe me unless I could provide a picture. I run back upstairs with my iPhone and try to take a picture but as mice don't tend to make a habit of hanging around for a photo shoot it proved difficult. The manager proceeded to scream and explain that unless I could provide proof I was to stay in that room. I point blank refused. The room had 3 mouse traps on the floor, managers response 'that is not for mice it is for the cockroaches' oh .. Well that's reassuring! She finally gave in and gave me another room after accusing me of lying to essentially get 'an on suite room'. I have attached pictures of this 'nightmare in paddington'. Avoid like the plague... Unless you feel like catching it. I emailed the manager my training manual on customer service free of charge. I only hope she reads it and uses it!

• Stayed January 2014
Riga, Latvia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner asked for a ground floor room as I am disabled, there were 16 steps up to get into and out of the room. The room booked was a double! We got a small room with 2 single metal framed beds pushed together, the only way that they stayed together was the bottom sheet that we tucked in. Another sheet was left on the bed for us to put on ourselves, when we shook it out it had quite a large stain on it that looked like blood... Yuk. The bathroom was teeny tiny, we couldn't sit on the loo without our knees touching the sink, had to be a contortionist to use it, again not much use to someone who has a disability. The actual shower was lovely, it worked well and was nice and hot. The shower tray looked dirty around the plug area, nothing a bit of cillit bang wouldn't clean up, and the silicon around the base of the tray could do with refreshing. There were urine stains on the top of the toilet roll holder. Also, no plug in the very small sink.
To get to the breakfast room we had to go down from the room to the basement, more stairs, even as a continental breakfast the offerings were quite dire.
When we checked out, the man that checked us in was leaving before us and promptly shut the door in my face without a word, nice.
Needless to say we won't ever be staying there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Glendale Hyde Park Hotel? Share your experiences!