“Stay spoilt by one very room staff member” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boka Hotel

You added Boka Hotel to your Saves list
Boka Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-35 Eardley Crescent, London SW5 9JT, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #822 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Madrid
“Stay spoilt by one very room staff member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel and had very little expectations according to the reviews but I was really pleasantly suprised.The man at the reception upon checkin was friendly fast and totally professional. Room was big for London and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was nice and every person I had contact with were exceptional until I rang up the day I was checking out and asked Ganna at the reception if he could print my boarding pass.He shouted down the phone "no Im too busy go to internet cafe" ! stunned I asked him if he could do it later and again a terse no was given and he said he was too busy.Later when I went to check out he was sitting there doing nothing in the empty foyer and I asked him if it was possible to print it now and again he rudely said " no I already told you go to internet cafe" and when I asked him why he then told me he didnt have his managers password. This really did take the shine off what was a great stay and I left me with a very bad impression of what could have been a good stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Peninsula, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first visit to London & I got to spend 9 glorious days there & after staying at the Boka hotel I will never stay any were else when I go back. The staff was perfect they helped in anyway they could & went above & beyond most of the time, they are just that cool. I looked forward to their English breakfast each morning to get me started on my day of sightseeing I am hungry just thinking about it. It's close to the tube station (subway) and the neighborhood real cool. Be sure to take a walk and or a packed lunch to the Brompton Cemetery its quite, peaceful so very cool. My main reason for likening this place so much is the staff. They made me feel like a person not just a guest I appreciate that over everything else & will be back because of it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 right off the dining room & it had a mini kitchen & 2 beds great little...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Templecombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for 1 night, as we were in London for the weekend and wanted somewhere convenient to stay. This hotel is in a GREAT location and it is only a minutes walk to Earls Court station. When we arrived we were greeted by the receptionist who seemed nice. As there was 4 of us, we stayed in a Quadruple room, which was nicely laid out, but would of probably got a bit cramped if we were staying for longer than a night. As we entered the room there was a little kitchenette, which could have been useful, even though we didn't use it. There was 1 double bed and two singles which was good. To get to the 2 singles we had to climb a ladder and they were located up by the ceiling. This didn't matter to us, but the ladder was quite steep so may not be ideal for young children. The beds were surprising comfy and clean. The toilet and shower room was pretty standard, could of been better. Above the shower was a-lot of damp, which didn't look very pleasing, but the shower itself was very nice and powerful. The shower and toilet could of done with a re-vamp to make it cleaner but was all in good working order. Included in our price was a cooked breakfast, but would not really recommend. The breakfast room is very dated and could do with a good clean. The seats were stained and the breakfast tables were not cleaned from one person to the other, which was very off putting. When the breakfast arrived it didn't look to bad, even though there was no tomato, mushrooms or sausage. All it included was bacon, egg, beans and toast, which was disappointing. The toast was cold and hardy toasted and the beans tasted appalling. All I could stomach was some of the bacon, which wasn't to bad. Apart from the breakfast, the hotel is ideal for those wanting to only stay 1 or 2 nights. Overall it was an average experience and good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

We stayed at the Boka Hotel for 8 nights. For the price it was all that was expected and the LOCATION was excellent , it was extremely close to both Earls Court and West Brompton, (just a tip, if possible use the West Brompton underground if possible, a lot less busy). The room was small, but again, it was expected. The cost of the room included a full English breakfast which was delicious and the girls that work there are so nice and helpful. The front desk staff may have not been extremely personable but not exactly rude either. The only real negative I can give is the water pressure. Oh the water pressure. .. the shower took at least 10 minutes to warm up. Then when you can actually get in the shower it takes forever to wash and rinse. All in all though I would go back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

We stayed here for an event at Earls Court (and a visit to Brompton Cemetery) and the location is terrific. Probably hard to actually get closer and there are two tubes a few minutes walk away. The room was clean, well appointed and the staff were friendly. We even got a full english breakfast included.
Like most affordable hotels in London it's very basic and rough-around-the-edges compared to what you'd get elsewhere for the price but it's totally fine as a base for a city break. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

Miserable reception staff were there at all times lacking comunication skills. The room was definately not in the same league as the photos posted on their web site !!!. Mattress was well past it's sell by date. On-going building work greeted us with NO apology verbally or written about noise or mess. Staff had been in our room daily to change towels and renew toilet paper and as for cleaning ...... furry sweets etc ..... lay on the floor and under the bed from previous visitors and wasn't attended to during our 3 night stay. Staff had poor English ... not being able to understand a basic breakfast order. However the only Plus was good location for the underground.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Stanley, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

ive stayed here twice now both for the same event at earls court exhibition center and i found it pleasant enough. second time round the room wasnt exactly what we asked for but we managed. only problem was the rooms with the mezzanie were extremely warm to the point of it becoming uncomfortable. on the last night we seemed to have a very noisey guest above us stomping around and with the wooden floors the sound travelled straight through but this was not the hotels fault. desk staff were as friendly as ever and if i was to return to the same are for an event i would use this hotel again. thank you again and i cant wait to see the finished refurb in the future

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Boka Hotel? Share your experiences!