“GFW Exhibition Earls Court” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boka Hotel

You added Boka Hotel to your Saves list
Boka Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-35 Eardley Crescent, London SW5 9JT, England (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #820 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“GFW Exhibition Earls Court”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very convenient location - I booked this for my daughter as I wanted her to arrive safe with minimal walking across London to/from Earls Court.
She travelled by Megabus into Victoria, Tube from there to ealrs Court Station and only a short walk to Hotel. Earls Court Exhibition is directly behind the Hotel so very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Palo Alto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is convenient, only a block away from the Earl's Court tube station (if you go out the back way towards the Earl's Court Centre.) But the "en suite" description is a bit off -- the room did have a couple of shelves for a very old microwave and a tiny refrigerator. The bathroom was very odd -- it had a shower, but you had to walk over the toilet to get into the shower. The wi-fi worked in my room, probably because it was on the second floor and was just above the lobby area, and I thought of turning on some sounds, if only to drown out the noise of the street and the work being done across the hall. The breakfast was fine but nothing to write home about -- toast, ok coffee, and a sausage and an egg. On the plus side, the staff were terrific, gave good advice on where to find things around the hotel, and even printed something out for me on their computer-printer set up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
hastings
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Its a 2 / 3* B&B and for where its situated ideal for a bed for the night, i stayed here for 1 night after a good night out, and only needed a bed for the night great deal for London and great location. i would use again for a lads night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap hotel to just shower and sleep this is it. Very minimal. I had a three person room and we had a twin and a very tiny double. The location is great. Very close to the Earl's Court Tube Station. It's a in a more residential area so I felt safe walking at night. The two things that could be game changers for some people were that the windows were pretty poor. They made it seem like the people walking outside where in the room with you (We were on the third floor). The other thing was that there was a cut out window at the top of the door leading to the hallway which allowed a large amount of light into the bedroom at night. So if you are a light sleeper this may not be your best option. I think that this qualifies more as a hostel then a hotel but oh well. All an all not terrible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Please bear in mind this hotel is 2 and not 5 star when writing your appraisal
We found the staff pleasant, the room spotless and the breakfast adequate. It has a few minor faults but such is the good value they are not worth mentioning
One thing I would stress is the mezzanine beds are a bit tricky to clamber down from as the steps are very steep but the kids will love this
Would happily stay again and was perfect for tube to Kensington and museums

Room Tip: i was in 105 facing main street and slept like a log
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked on line with Expedia with a request that if at all a room was available earlier then the 14h00 check in, to please let me check in as I was exhausted from the flight, time of departure from India and no sleep.
The location is great close to Earl's Court Tube station, a block and half away to food, and anything you need including pubs etc...

When I checked in a woman was at reception at 09h00 on April 4 2013. I said Good Morning and she barely grunted at me. I asked her if she needed anything for me for check in. She said you have to check in at 14h00. Okay fair enough. I asked if I could leave my bag. She pointed me to a filty room near reception which was not locked. I told her that my bag had a few fragile items so nothing should be placed on the bag. She instructed me to leave it on an upper shelve on top of another suite case, which I did and left.
I did not insist or ask about checking in earlier because of her unfriendly attitude.

When I returned a lovely gentleman checked me in with no hassle, a friendly smile. However that same women was behind him and once again did not have a smile, incapable of saying hello or welcome back.

At 14h00 ,because of her I was considering not staying here but the gentleman who checked me in made up for it. A nice touch he provided me with a map of London and was very helpful.

When I went to get my back, heavey items where placed on my back, after I had told her their were fragile items inside. I was furious!! I went up to check if anything was broken and luckily nothing was so I made no fuss.

I was in room 207
It was a lovely room with a kitchen, mini stove, fridge, microwave, plates, coffee, tea, iron.. the basics which were great. the bathroom was clean but really cold.
The room had two beds white sheets, mini TV.
The room was really cold but there was a heater which made up for it.
An adaptor was provided which was a nice touch.
White sheets were spotless.
Only one wall had coffee stain which had not been cleaned.

Breakfast was provided, the hotel has WIFI in public areas and were installing it for the rooms..

For central London it was quite affordable and well located and I would , however I would remove the woman from reception and keep her away from the public if you they want people to return.

Room Tip: Room 207 facing the street was quite nice and the little kitchenette is great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
BokaLondon, Owner at Boka Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi , many thanks for your review, we do like to get feedback good or bad as it does help us .

Firstly some apologies, we are sorry you were unable to check in early, I know how tiring it can be, we were fully booked the night before and people did leave late that day so we just could not do it, we did see the request but not all agencies give us client contact details to respond to so we cannot always let them know if we can honour a request or not, something I have mentioned to many agencies before now that needs to be addressed. I understand why they dont like to give the hotels the client contact details but some have other systems in place and some don't and as I said that needs to be addressed . So I do apologise for that

Re your luggage, if it had fragile items the reception should have taken it behind the desk for you, I dont know why they didn't and I will look into that. The luggage area you used was a temporary one whilst the new one was being built, however whilst unlocked it was monitored by CCTV and safe.

From your checkin date and time you provided which was helpful I am able to find who was on duty and believe me I will be speaking to the receptionist who clearly uspet you , I want people to be happy, we may be a budget hotel that does not mean smiles and manners are budgeted also so whilst too late now to rectify your experience I will deal with this rest assured.

On a positive note from those dates I was also able to identify the gentleman who checked you in and who you were very complimentary about and I will pass those compliements on to him, praise where praise is due and thats always nice.

I am also happy you liked the hotel room and facilities.

Once again I apologise for the bits that made you unhappy, but I do hope if you are in London again you will give us another chance and we would look forward to seeing you .
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights to attend the vitality show. Rooms cold as main radiator didn't work. Light didn't work but they fixed that. Clean enough with small clean kitchenette. Shower broken and no hot water one morning. Service at breakfast terrible as we were ignored for ages but the food was very good for the money. Overall you get what you pay for and the location is great
My biggest issue was that I came home without my very expensive hair straighteners. I contacted the hotel as soon as I a left and they said the room was being cleaned and they were not there. They really can't be anywhere else but in the room. I find this very disappointing and dishonest. Fuming!
Value for money ? Well. . It's cheap. . . providing you don't leave anything behind as the hotel cannot be trusted to own up to having them .
I can't bare dishonesty

• Stayed March 2013
BokaLondon, General Manager at Boka Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ms F

I have read you review with some interest, a review made only hours after checking out, I always go on the basis that at times it is better to wait and get the facts before jumping to conclusions or accusing people.

You checked out at 10.05am yesterday, a short while later you called and asked the male receptionist about your hair straighteners . I think you may have misunderstood when you say that your room was being cleaned , he actually said the cleaners are cleaning other rooms and he would go and look himself . That is why you had to call him back shortly after as he was going himself to check . He looked in the usual places such as shelf , table , bed , bathroom etc and found nothing which is what he relayed to you.

Later when the actual cleaners went to the room they moved the beds to clean under and in the middle they found your hair straighteners , so they had been kicked under the bed when you walked past I assume.

The cleaners took them to reception and an email was sent to you as the receptionist had no phone number to advise you of the fact they had been found and at 9.15am this morning Monday 25/03/2013 they were taken to the Earls Court Post Office and sent to your address used when booking.

So maybe with hindsight writing a review that accuses staff of being dishonest it would have nice if you had waited a few hours. After all as you can see on Trip Advisor from the review by Wildernesscycling in 2012 we have a good record on handling lost property.

Been to Boka Hotel? Share your experiences!