“Good choice for a city break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith

You added Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 King Street, London W6 0QU, England (Hammersmith / Fulham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #236 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Good choice for a city break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Smart and casual hotel well positioned within few minute walk from Hammersmith tube and bus station make it a good choice from a London break. Staff is friendly, rooms are not so small being in London with a big bathroom (being in London). Overall very clean. Breakfast included, enough to start with energy a new day in this amazing city. There’s no restaurant inside but the pub just next door has a good choice of food with an unbeatable value for money and, that’s important, welcomes families with children. I warmly recommend this hotel and will consider again for the next stay

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ahmed_Khwaja, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

It gives me pleasure to read and know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
We, as a hotel are conveniently located, which makes it easy for guests to commute. Also because of our location, there are plenty of choices available in the area.

Breakfast at our hotel comes with the room price, and we take extra care to make sure that it brings a smile on guest's face. Our rooms are taken care of to make the guest's stay relaxing and comfortable.

Every positive review from guest encourage us to perform even better.
Thank you once again for the wonderful review, and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Dipankar Bhattacharya.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked this place as I'd left it till the last minute and my 'preferred' choices were gone! Rang up and spoke to a really, really lovely helpful lady called Laura or Lorna! I'm rubbish with names ut she was so friendly and I had a lovely chat with her! Got there, checked in no problem and then up to our room. Immaculately clean, double bed and sofa folded down into another bed as we had 2 kids with us. There's nothing fancy about this place but it has everything we needed. Had I been staying longer, storage space might have been a bit lacking but as it was, we were fine. Went out and found Hammersmith to be a really great place! Came back but alas, we couldn't get the TV to switch on. I located the plug and it was all plugged in, tried a few things, no joy so we called reception. No fuss at all, she said she'd send someone up. Within minutes, a lovely lady called Nina came to us with a new remote - in case that was the problem. It wasn't. But Nina wasn't giving up till she'd sorted it. There was a casing that she removed and saw dust behind. She apologised and said that housekeeping would deal with that. I hadn't even noticed it! Anyway, to my shame, it was just that the lead wasn't pushed properly into the side of the TV. Nina sorted it out, didn't laugh at me and was just lovely! Beds were lovely and comfy and it was quiet! We had the aircon on so the room was lovely and cool and we all slept well. In the morning after a shower (not a fancy power shower - but did the job no problem) we went for breakfast. It was much better than I'd expected as it's included in the price. Buffet style, as much as you want included sausages, beans, scrambled egg, cereals, pastries, fruit, cheese, yogurts, juice, tea and coffee and toast. All great. Staff at breakfast all greeted us with cheery hello's and just made the place feel bright and cheerful. We checked out with thanks to the staff who again were just lovely and we will use this hotel again. It's a great base for exploring London as the tube station is a 10 minute walk with access to 4 tube lines. If you want top of the range luxury with all the trimmings, well this might not be for you - but if you want a great, perfectly clean, comfortable hotel with lovely staff and a decent breakfast without paying top of the range, luxury prices - then I'd recommend it. Thanks to all the staff and we'll be seeing you again!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visited London last month with my family and stayed in Holiday Inn Express Hammersmith for two weeks. I must say the hotel was excellent and well maintained with High Street at the front for all amenities. Breakfast was adequate. Staff were pleasant and helpful especially Umar Khattak who was very helpful . Rooms were clean and spacious. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a joyous trip.

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

We, at Holiday Inn Express, Hammersmith, always try to ensure that every guest who stays in our hotel feels at home. Our staff are trained to anticipate every guest's needs.

I am very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and would like to thank you for mentioning one of our staff in particular for his excellent service. I will ensure that this is passed on to the rightful authority.

Thank you once again for the lovely comments and I hope we will get a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Dipankar Bhattacharya.
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Booked this hotel with Booking.com for £ 111 for three adults as I was attending a funeral in Hammersmith and needed accommodation for myself and two other relatives. When I went to check in, I was informed that the price was now £161(a difference of £50) because there was three adults in the room, even though I had a print out from Booking.com confirming that the initial price was for £111. I got no satisfaction whatsoever from any of the Receptionists on duty or the Reservations Manager, only to be told I would have to pay the extra money. When we returned to our room late on the same night, the third bed had not even been made up and there was no linen there!!!!! The third adult ended up sleeping on the pull out bed with no linen!!!!! ( this was after we were charged an extra £50 for the third adult!!!!). Once again when I complained the next morning, I was treated with contempt and downright ignorance by the staff on the desk. I felt that because we were irish that they were half laughing at us. Both my relatives were extremely disgusted as it was a very stressful few days for all of us due to a sudden death in the family. I certainly will never even look in the door of this establishment again and would recommend other people to do the same .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Eddie H,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We used the hotel for a one-night stop as we were going to a show in central London and didn't want to drive home late afterwards. The price was much better than anything in central London and it HAS PARKING! Plus it's outside the congestion charging zone, very near Hammersmith tube station and breakfast is included - all in all this makes it an economical choice.
The room was exactly what you expect from a Holiday Inn or any other similar hotel chain - adequate and functional. There was a double bed and the sofa bed was converted for the children to sleep in. It was comfortable, no complaints.
Breakfast was also perfectly adequate - good choice of hot or cold items and drinks, all self service. The staff were busy clearing the tables and replenishing the buffet area and, even though it was busy, we were able to sit down straight away at a clean table.
It gets the 5 stars as the staff were so friendly and helpful.
It's not a 5 star hotel but you get what you pay for and for a budget option this hotel ticks all the boxes, we would definitely stay there again.

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

It gives me immense pleasure to read such a wonderful review and above all, to know that as a guest, you have enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Express, Hammersmith.

We at HI Express, Hammersmith, focus on making every guest's stay pleasant and comfortable. Our main priority is to see that all our guests are happy with our services and all their needs are anticipated in a proper manner.

Thank you once again for the wonderful comments, and we are hopeful that we will get an opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Manager.
Lanark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Room 101 at the HIExpress Hammersmith is the best disabled wet-room facility we have found. Very spacious well planned room with good furnishings. Clean bright room.

Staff had been well trained in how to offer support to disabled persons.

A very good hotel experience.

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Also, it gives me pleasure to know that you found our staff to be helpful and well trained.

Our main priority at the hotel is to ensure, that all our guests enjoy their stay and get value for money. Such positive reviews builds up our confidence to go ahead and serve guests in the best possible manner.

Thank you once again for the positive review and looking forward to serve you better in the near future.

Manager.
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very enjoyable stay at this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were a reasonable size and kept very clean. Breakfasts were excellent with a good selection. I would definitely recommend this hotel which is in a good location for visiting London and it's attractions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel.

I am very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at Holiday Inn Express, Hammersmith.

We consider guests as our assets and every positive review boosts our morale. It gives immense pleasure to know that our continuous effort in making every guest's stay comfortable has succeeded, when we read the positive reviews about our hotel.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review, and we hope to serve you better in the near future.

Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith? Share your experiences!