“My first experience in London, England” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith

You added Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 King Street, London W6 0QU, England (Hammersmith / Fulham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #236 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Mississauga, Canada
“My first experience in London, England”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family and I travelled to London, England in July 2011. We were all super excited about arriving. Once there however, the room was tiny (I suppose all the hotels are that size in London). The service however was great. Not a lot of other children in the hotel at the time we traveled which meant less noise at night. The hotel served a continental breakfast which unfortunately we missed each morning :-( Nevertheless, I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The lobby is somewhat newer and the staff was very friendly. The hallways seem a little rundown to me and unfortunately I was only able to get a room with 2 single beds. My room was very cold and no matter what I would do to the thermostat, the temperature didn't increase. The room was large and clean but lacks storage and the typical hotel room package describing the available facilities you get at other hotels (i.e. laundry, TV channels, gym, room service, etc). I would call this an average hotel. My chance of returning is 50/50.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from King Street as the street noise can be fairly loud at night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM-Hammersmith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience at the hotel. I am pleased to note that you found the lobby welcoming and staff friendly during your stay with us. As part of our investment program for 2013, guestroom corridors will be given a facelift to make it more welcoming. We do take guest feedaback seriously and have put measures in place to pre-warm the room by leaving the heating unit on to ensure room is warm on arrival.

We look forward to wlecoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Sub Iyer
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great location if you want to visit the Hammersmith Apollo and nice and close to a tube station. Reception staff were friendly and the included buffet breakfast has lots of choice. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again when the weather was warm but we stayed when the temperature was zero degrees outside and the room (as mentioned by another reviewer) was very cold upon arrival. It only had a small wall heater and this took ages to raise the temperature even though we put it on the highest temperature, hopefully the hotel can do something about this on exceptionally cold days and then we will be happy to return whatever the weather.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I discovered this hotel in December 2012 and have stayed there on four business trips, including five nights in January 2013 and have already booked to return later this month and in March. Clearly I am very pleased with it. First and foremost it is incredibly clean and the staff are anxious to please. There is an excellent unlimited buffet breakfast - Continental or English - which sets you up for the day and is speedily available from very early in the morning. Check out is fast living up to the "Express" description which is not observed in all hotels I have stayed in. On one occasion I hadn't figured out how to access the digital radio part of the TV and the friendly manager went out of his way to show me. I love a pristine bathroom with a ready supply of shampoo/soap via two dispensers and that is provided. The hotel is a short walk from Hammersmith station and there are good pubs nearby, including one next door, and the Swan a few yards from the Tube station, at the top of Kings Road, which provide good food, including in the Swan an absolutely excellent fish and chips. I attend Mass daily and 8 am Mass is celebrated at St Augustine's Fulham Palace Road a short walk away. There is an Internet facility near Reception which gives you 20 mins for £1 and a kiosk where you can buy a nice chocolate snack to go with the free tea/coffee in your room. There is a microwave also in reception where you can heat milk and the "i" Independent newspaper is available free all day and you can watch BBC rolling news in the breakfast room. I have been pleasantly surprised by this hotel and could not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hannover, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family break we found the hotel to be excellent helpful and friendly. Our only minor criticism would be that the rooms are a little small. The location of this hotel is excellent close to the bus and tube station. Buy an Oyster card before you travel for convenience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would highly recommend anyone who is going to stay in London to stay in this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, no job was too big! The hotel is absolutely spotless you can see your reflection in every surface. They supply items you might forget like toothbrushes, shaving foam and razors free of charge. The rooms were so comfortable, the adjustable heating was brilliant we could set the temperature to our liking. complementary breakfast a well laid out buffet gave us a good start to the day. Over all we will definitely be back to the Holiday Inn Express.

thanks again guys

Cathriona and Alan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmed_Khwaja, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such great comments following your stay at our property, we really appreciate you took some time to give us your feedback.

It is a great satisfaction to read that ours hotel was so convenient to you. I am also delighted to see that you found our hotel extremely comfortable as well as clean and that our staff made all the difference by being very attentive to all your needs. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary Express Start Breakfast.

It has been a great pleasure having you staying with us and we will be very glad to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith for your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Ahmed Khwaja
Deputy General Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked this Hotel through the IHG owners association with Platinum membership. As a IHG property owner I received none of the perks as stated in the terms. It didn't worry me but it might worry some. What did annoy me was the fact the hotel which operates 24hrs does not offer a simple wake up call, surely that is not an unreasonable request?
The room I had was clean and tidy but was freezing cold. I fiddled with the air con/ heating unit what ever I pressed it still blowed out cold air I gave up in the end.
I didnt stay for breakfast as I was up early and gone.
The Hotel is pretty much in the middle of Kings Road not far from Hammersmith Tube Station if your driving to it and you blink you could well miss the entrance ( as did my taxi driver).
I would stay here again as it is close to where I was going, otherwise I'm sure there are better IHG propertys out there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GM-Hammersmith, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent experience at the hotel. We as a team take pride in recognising Priority Club Members by way of raffle, complimentary newspaper and extended check-out. Wake-up calls are set-up on the in-room Television and there is a guide available to assist guests with this. I am sorry to hear that you found the room to be cold and we have taken further measures to pre-warm the room before guests arrival as well as maintenance and Housekeeping checks to ensure in-room heating is in working order.

I can only apologise for the shortccomings that you experienced during your stay with us and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel.

Yours Sincerely,

Sub Iyer

Been to Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith? Share your experiences!