“Lovely food complemented with good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires
62 Wimbledon Hill Road | Wimbledon, London, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
020 8947 7544
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buenos Aires is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,779 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
“Lovely food complemented with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

3rd visit to this place now and the quality just keeps on coming. Went here for a meal with my girlfriend. I had the sausage starter with a steak main and a lovely cheeses cake to finish off. The waiter was very helpful and picked us out a lovely bottle of red. My only advise would be to book a few days ahead as you most likely will not get a table on the night, as they are always packed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Good food but not great, patchy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We'd booked for four for a Friday night. The food was good, but not as great as we'd been expecting, and certainly not as good as in Buenos Aires (nor other more famous London chains of Argentinian restaurants). So given the quality and the price, the value was actually on the poor side. Wine was good, with a couple of decent bottles not too over priced.

Service was a real shame, even the booking process - I booked online, they emailed to say they only do two sitting at a weekend and confirmed 9pm. I then had three more emails and three phone calls to let me know they only do two sittings - after about the third contact it just became annoying! Once there, they forgot one of the tapas plates, we had a showboating waiter who insisted on pouring the wine from a great height and then spilt loads. Then they forgot one of the sauces. And why the sittings anyway?

All in all a decent enough place, but given the prices, I would expect a lot better. Won't be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
london
“Didn't live up to expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Second visit to this restaurant so high expectations from the 1st time.

Service mostly great, they brought a free cocktail for 'International women's day'.

Felt a bit rushed - they came to put the main courses down before we'd finished the first course and started to take away things we hadn't finished with. Staff are all friendly.

I'd asked for my steak to be cooked medium rare and it was much more well cooked than that. The other steak we'd ordered was medium and it was far less cooked than mine. I did ask if it was in fact cooked medium rare and they assured me it was but it was very disappointing as I eat steaks often and I didn't feel it was medium rare - wasn't very tasty either.

Wouldn't rush back now.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Argentinian place in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I liked the quiet environment we had in the middle of busy Wimbledon. We tried to go for lunch, but it was closed, so went for dinner (they just open from 5pm on). Very good meat and not extremely expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Best steak I have had in London! I wish I good go there every night! Can get a little pricy but still not too bad. I would recommend the calamari and beef skewers for starters then the large ribeye steak for mains!

• Visited January 2013