“Maria is ace!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bake with Maria

Bake with Maria
81 Loudoun Road, London NW8 0DQ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 1,016 Activities in London
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: The Baking Lab is a new cooking school in London offering students a wide variety of bread and cake making classes.
London
“Maria is ace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

A complete novice, I learn't how to bake bread with the delightful Maria and her team and went home after 3 hours with a bag full of fancy foccacia I'd cooked and some top tips and the confidence I should able to achieve this at home. Time will tell! The class was very well organised, with a relaxed pace and Maria's enthusiasm was infectious! Thoroughly recommended.

Visited September 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“Intro to bread making”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My girlfriend took me here for the introduction to bread making class. It was a fantastic evening. Maria and her staff (Marta & Dan) were incredibly friendly, entertaining, and interesting, and the class itself was brilliant. I was amazed at the quality of bread I was able to produce having never done any breadkmaking, and it has definitely made me much more keen to do so at home now.

Will likely come back for another class, it was that good.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Really good fun and nice bread”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Really good fun and encouraged me to be baking my own bread - Maria made it all so simple, would really recommend and very good value, whether you continue baking or as one off fun activity. I will be doing another class and bringing my Mum along too.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“delightful bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The baking Lab is a hidden gem in the lovely neighborhood of Swiss Cottage.
Getting there was exciting enough, since I had just moved to London, and could hardly find my way from the supermarket to my home.
The baking lab team go out of their way to assist you, in finding your way to their front door.
Though it might occasionally go wrong with a disorientated student or two... like myself.
The welcome was fairly made up for, as I entered, glancing at the breakfast table with coffee, tea and... yes, a scrumptious chocolate cake, smiling back at me.
I was lucky to enter an international class of interesting people, each and every one of them.
a Divers group of men and women, all brought together due to their passion for baking.
Including our teacher, a baker in heart and soul. He truly deserved my precious, undivided attention. The class was fun, the teachings were great, and the interaction was marvelous. But the best of all was definitely, going home with a goody bag, filled with succesfully self-made goods. (recipe's included! :)

Visited July 2013
London
“Basics of Baking bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The class was a very nice occasion to do something different. I have been making bread since I was a kid, with my mum, as we never once bought bread from the bakery. To date, I still do not buy bread. Sliced bread is not allowed in my house!
I wanted to learn the few important tricks to make great bread.

The Class is aimed at people who never have - or had the chance - to make or bake bread.
It is very basic and require not much thinking at all.
During the 4 hours class, you will bake 3 different items. There is a few tips to take home, otherwise, if you are looking for something a bit more substantial, it may not be quite sufficient.
I must say again, it was a good distraction and quite fun. Every one, comparing his baguette, was a lot of fun.

Visited August 2013