“Fantastic !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bake with Maria

Bake with Maria
81 Loudoun Road, London NW8 0DQ, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 1,018 Activities in London
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: The Baking Lab is a new cooking school in London offering students a wide variety of bread and cake making classes.
Abuja
“Fantastic !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

In febuary I attended the Bread making classe which was great,as I have been trying to make
Bread for the past two years but its always been a challenge till I came to the baking lab.
Just yesterday I attended the the French pastry class,it was fantastic,the fruit Tartlets where amazing,as for the white chocolate financiers,that was wonderful.
The way Marianne thought the class was great,so did Emmanuel with the bread making.
I will do more classes by Gods grace
Thanks,you all are wonderful

Visited June 2013

London
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I did the cake baking 101 and it was brilliant. There were just four of us in the group so I felt I had as much attention as needed to ensure I was doing everything properly. The course was detailed without being patronising and the explanations were great in helping me to understand where I had been going wrong previously. I would definitely do again and recommend to anyone else wanting to learn more about baking.

The only thing I would say is it would be helpful to have more explanation as to where it is. I found the building but it took me a while to figure out how to get in!

London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hands-on breadmaking course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have just done the French Breadmaking course at Bake with Maria. The day was great, well run, extremely friendly and non intimidating. Emmanuel was a really good teacher, letting us work on our own but always there when we needed a helping hand. Since doing the course I've made the baguettes and fougasse again at home, with success, and most importantly with rapt reviews from my family. Overall the course was excellent value for money and I will definitely be returning for another day when I have saved up.

London
3 attraction reviews
“Pain with no pain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

For our birthdays my wife treated my niece and I to a day of cooking baguette, fougasse and brioche. Our teacher Emmanuel could not have been better. He was amusing, clear, and extremely helpful. Our hands-on lesson was easy to follow but if we ran into difficulty (which I did) Emmanuel was there to help. Not only did we learn to cook bread, we also got an interesting lesson in the chemistry of baking. All this plus a very nice light lunch and plenty of goodies to take home. Whether you are a bread baking virgin or someone who wishes to hone their skills this is the place for you.

Essex
31 attraction reviews
“Bread that's edible!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I did the french bread class and had a great day and brought home 2 baguettes, an olive loaf and a chocolate brioche - and were fantastic. None of my previous attempts at bread making at home had been edible. this course has given me the confidence to try again.